Green Man 2023

March Hare

I'm hoping no legacy acts to headline next year like Kraftwerk. 

Ignoring the fact they were incredibly dull I think a festival like Green Man which is now a guaranteed sell out has a responsibility to promote up and coming acts like Little Simz over bands who haven't released any music in the last 10 years.

Little Simz/Jamie xx/Angel Olsen

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

I'm hoping no legacy acts to headline next year like Kraftwerk. 

Ignoring the fact they were incredibly dull I think a festival like Green Man which is now a guaranteed sell out has a responsibility to promote up and coming acts like Little Simz over bands who haven't released any music in the last 10 years.

Little Simz/Jamie xx/Angel Olsen

Me and lots of other people who were by no means excited for them thought they were good but I get your point. 

Jamie XX would be pretty naff when you've already had the likes of four Tet and even Bicep headlining far out who are leaps and bounds better than him imo.

5 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Acts I'd like to appear next year (or maybe the year after as I think I'm on my honeymoon):

- Animal Collective

- Wet Leg 

- Alvvays

- First Aid Kit

-The Smile (if still active at that point)

-Bright Eyes 

In a similar vein, my wish list/acts I think will be active and in Green Man's scope:

Alvvays, Tomberlin, Slowdive, American Football, Richard Dawson, Caroline Polachek, Weyes Blood, Swans, Mount Eerie/The Microphones, Waxahatchee, Kevin Morby, Clairo, Battles, Young Fathers, Preoccupations

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I can sort of see Olsen with her rising profile being snatched by GM (in the same way Tune-Yards and Sudan Archives swapped over from 2020/21 announcements) and EOTR maybe getting Sharon Van Etten instead, though.

Honestly I'd be okay with that if I onlyend up at EOTR again.  think Angel Olsen's last few records haven't been great and Sharon was sublime at Primavera Sound.

27 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

In a similar vein, my wish list/acts I think will be active and in Green Man's scope:

Alvvays, Tomberlin, Slowdive, American Football, Richard Dawson, Caroline Polachek, Weyes Blood, Swans, Mount Eerie/The Microphones, Waxahatchee, Kevin Morby, Clairo, Battles, Young Fathers, Preoccupations

That would be a fantastic undercard.  Alvvays surely a shoe in if they tour Europe next summer.

Swans would absolutely destroy a Far Out headliner slot.  I’ve been hoping for a Mount Eerie/Microphones set for a long time.  Has he ever played a UK fest?  Maybe a while ago perhaps but can’t recall him doing one recently. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

That would be a fantastic undercard.  Alvvays surely a shoe in if they tour Europe next summer.

Swans would absolutely destroy a Far Out headliner slot.  I’ve been hoping for a Mount Eerie/Microphones set for a long time.  Has he ever played a UK fest?  Maybe a while ago perhaps but can’t recall him doing one recently. 

No I don't think he has. Tbh I don't think he plays many festivals even in the states.

My random dream undercard picks (including semi-realistic reunions) of acts I've never seen would be: Fred Deakin, Owen Kennedy, Flamingods, Cherry Ghost, Holly Herndon, BANANAGUN, Damaged Bug, Gazelle Twin, The Mauskovic Dance Band, Lavinia Blackwall, Daniel Avery, Jerskin Fendrix, The Imagined Village and Wooden Shjips.

Oh and one of Sufjan or Bjork as headliners, please!

Edited by JHad

Hopefully, and depending on Mimi's health, they'll book Low for next year.

How about Khruangbin to headline?

Other bands I'd love to see would be OSees tearing up the Far Out, Just Mustard, Grouper, Frankie & The Witch Fingers, HTRK, Hannah Peel, Dummy, Daniel Avery, White Flowers, Pom Poko, Slift, Balimaya Project, Enola Gay, Nala Sinephro.

It's basically a list of acts who I think would go down well and others I haven't been lucky enough to see yet.

23 minutes ago, JHad said:

My random dream undercard picks (including semi-realistic reunions) of acts I've never seen would be: Fred Deakin, Owen Kennedy, Flamingods, Cherry Ghost, Holly Herndon, BANANAGUN, Damaged Bug, Gazelle Twin, The Mauskovic Dance Band, Lavinia Blackwall, Daniel Avery, Jerskin Fendrix, The Imagined Village and Wooden Shjips.

Oh and one of Sufjan or Bjork as headliners, please!

Quite surprised you haven't seen Flamingods, they were everywhere a few years back.

Bananagun would be great. Had tickets to see them but covid wrecked it and they never rearranged again.

Can we be greedy enough to have Damaged Bug and OSees? Much like it would have been amazing to have Ty Segall and Fuzz this year.

Pavement I definitely think are within GM’s grasp, their upcoming tour really hasn’t sold well. Phoebe Bridgers on the other hand I fear has moved beyond their reach - I reckon she’ll be doing an APE show this time next year. 

Bonobo and Jon Bopkins seem like the obvious next in line for the electronic headliner, although I’m still dreaming of Underworld. 

Would love to see St Vincent headline. Suppose The Smile could be on the cards. Patti Smith must be on their wish list. Angel Olsen would be cool. Slowdive and Spiritualized in Far Out please. 

Edited by the wonderwho

If we're doing fantasy lists: Spoon (who I'm surprised have never played GM or EOTR), the Mountain Goats, Julia Jacklin, Daniel Rossen, Sylvan Esso, Illuminati Hotties, The Beths, Indigo Sparke, Algiers, Jesse Tabish (from Other Lives), Cheekface, Kate Davis, The WAEVE, Drahla, BEAK>, Hamish Hawk. Obviously Low too if all is well.

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

Where have you heard that? If they did that, it'd be bigger places I'd imagine.

No specific place, just thought with their smaller performance earlier this year and hints from Geoff Barrow of new stuff it could be finally happening. 

You're probably right, a Latitude or APE slot is more likely.

Would love Low and Beverly Glenn-Copeland to be booked again, health permitting.

GM are always going to have a solid line up but I just hope thst they manage to book similarly culturally diverse acts next year.  I thought this year’s line up was excellent in that respect.  Acts like Dur-Dur Band, Wau Wau Colleftif, Otoboke Beaver (they were booked for 2020) and Orchestra Poly-Rhythmo de Cotonou would be cool but there’s loads of other possibilities and loads I wouldn’t have heard of.

• Like 1