Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

56 minutes ago, Nikky said:

For sure some of these will come. 

image.png.fce668592f098a5e3f7fb4112397bba4.png

This one is happening in June... not so sure (sadly, because this is a great beginning for a line up !)

(Except maybe for the European artists, they can afford to be there in August..)

46 minutes ago, activean said:

Kalorama first names (End of August) 

ARCADE FIRE | FLORENCE + THE MACHINE 

Foals | Metronomy | Amyl & The Sniffers | Dino d’Santiago | The Blaze | Capitão Fausto | Rita Vian

Metronomy + Amyl feels "right" ^^

ok no announcement, but will Leaks crush my dreams...again?

six headliners that would kinda make sense:
Billie Eilish / David Guetta / Blur / Red Hot Chili Peppers / The Strokes / Sam Smith

six undercards I'd love to hear:
Cigarettes After Sex / girl in red / Kavinsky / London Grammar / Fred Again / M83

six other names from 2020 lineup because it was goated and I'm still not over it
FKA Twigs / Daughter / Of Monsters And Men / Keane / Empire Of The Sun (not officially announced but Leaks confirmed them here) / Tom Walker

Edited by cirez
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, cirez said:

Billie Eilish / David Guetta / Blur / Red Hot Chili Peppers / The Strokes / Sam Smith

Cigarettes After Sex / girl in red / Kavinsky / London Grammar / Fred Again / M83

six other names from 2020 lineup because it was goated and I'm still not over it
FKA Twigs / Daughter / Of Monsters And Men / Keane / Empire Of The Sun (not officially announced but Leaks confirmed them here) / Tom Walker

Those headliners are too much i think

5 hours ago, Nikky said:

For sure some of these will come. 

image.png.fce668592f098a5e3f7fb4112397bba4.png

Usually there is a split in first part of summer and second part of summer. That rule out a lot of these acts for sziget.

compared to dutch festival line up, you should look for line up of Lowlands. That festival share a lot acts with Sziget. 

6 hours ago, cirez said:

Would love Girl in Red.

Also Of Monsters and Men but they don't seem to tour next year.

1 hour ago, nico727 said:

Lovestream festival in Bratislava just announced Imagine Dragons as headliners for 2023 and moved from June to 18-20th August. So I guess they will share headliners with Sziget and Imagine Dragons will be one of them.

That would be possibly the most underwhelming booking of recent years.

I think Corey Taylor put it best a couple of years ago: Corey Taylor Says IMAGINE DRAGONS Are The New NICKELBACK (metalinjection.net)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

That would be possibly the most underwhelming booking of recent years.

I think Corey Taylor put it best a couple of years ago: Corey Taylor Says IMAGINE DRAGONS Are The New NICKELBACK (metalinjection.net)

well, for once, I disagree ^^ :

Even if I'm not a big fan of Imagine Dragons (I only know a few), I've always thought that this band fits to Sziget, because of their melodies, it's between pop and rock, easy to sing along, .. yep, I'd 100% prefer to have Imagine Dragons rather than Florence again or worst, the 1975 .. 😨

Why is everyone complaining about Florence coming back? If she's there next year it'll be 4 years since their last appearance, both Dua Lipa and Arctic Monkeys were headlining in 2018 and 2022, so repetition like this has already happened with other acts. Dua Lipa was announced for 2020, which would have meant even less time inbetween

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

Why is everyone complaining about Florence coming back? If she's there next year it'll be 4 years since their last appearance, both Dua Lipa and Arctic Monkeys were headlining in 2018 and 2022, so repetition like this has already happened with other acts. Dua Lipa was announced for 2020, which would have meant even less time inbetween

I agree, seen her a few times and she puts on a good show. Think I ended up seeing her 3 times at Glastonbury in 2010 by accident. That might have been a bit much in hindsight 

Edited by damo101
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sandorbeni said:

Because Florence ain't Dua Lipa lol. When Dua Lipa came back, she had a HUGE new album since her last appearance at Sziget. Florence doesn't, look at how many peple listenned to her last album... and compare to Dua Lipa.

International star on one side, British star on the other.

• Upvote 2