Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

4 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Usually Early Birds are cheaper because you don't exactly know what you pay for...
Festival account commented on Instagram that "first wave of lineup is coming real soon in November", so I can assume it matches the price increase, November 8th.

Another of their recent posts says 'names in mid-November' so next couple of weeks or so I'd say.

5 hours ago, Matt86 said:

taylor.jpg.272b01797fa1df22eefbfd17b33de827.jpg

Hopefully we don't gey Taylor Swift, last date in the US the 5th of August, I don't see her coming to Europe after all these shows 🙂

That's 27 shows in four-and-a-half months. I wouldn't have said it was so strenuous that she would need a break afterwards - although appreciate additional dates will inevitably be added.

We'll see.

So, who are we thinking, wanting, expecting in the upcoming announcement?

I'd love to see Self Esteem there and Confidence Man - two of the most entertaining live acts I've seen in recent times and they're both around.

Would love Sam Fender to be announced and actually turn up this year. Foals and Of Monsters and Men from 2020 line-up would be nice too.

Not sure who we should actually expect. Hopefully Eminem, maybe Pulp (I live in hope). I see Robbie Williams is playing festivals again. 

Not sure why but I have a funny feeling QOTSA might play, no idea why I think that.

Taylor Swift appears to be out though - what about someone like Lizzo? The big name should really be Harry Styles I guess, whether they can get him or not is another matter.

There tends to be someone from left field so I'm going with Miley Cyrus for no reason whatsoever.

Edited by billybigballs

2 hours ago, billybigballs said:

So, who are we thinking, wanting, expecting in the upcoming announcement?

I'd love to see Self Esteem there and Confidence Man - two of the most entertaining live acts I've seen in recent times and they're both around.

Would love Sam Fender to be announced and actually turn up this year. Foals and Of Monsters and Men from 2020 line-up would be nice too.

Not sure who we should actually expect. Hopefully Eminem, maybe Pulp (I live in hope). I see Robbie Williams is playing festivals again. 

Not sure why but I have a funny feeling QOTSA might play, no idea why I think that.

Taylor Swift appears to be out though - what about someone like Lizzo? The big name should really be Harry Styles I guess, whether they can get him or not is another matter.

There tends to be someone from left field so I'm going with Miley Cyrus for no reason whatsoever.

I'd just welcome a few more guitars tbh (and people to play them, obviously).

30 minutes ago, Cranjis said:

What about the headline DJ? I think its either Martin Garrix, DV&LM, Armin Van Buuren, or most likely (sadly) in my opinion, David Guetta. 

Longshots maybe The Chainsmokers, Harwell, Alok, Zedd, SHM...

Robin Schulz and KSHMR would be nice 😄 I love Armin Van Buuren, but years after years Sziget don't pick him...

• Upvote 1

Unlikely - :

I think we can rule out most of the artist playing solo shows in Budapest just months prior or after the festival, so Robbie, 

Pentatonix, Maneskin and Bring Me The Horizon seem unlikely at this point. We also ruled out Taylor.

All the similar festivals happening in August didn't annoucened anything yet, so nothing for us there.

Likely + :

We could maybe get something from 2020 lineup, so Stormzy, Foals, Mark Ronson, Mabel, Foster the people, Of monsters and men, Tom Walker? 

Then all the names that had been cancelled for 2022, Little Simz, Yung Lean, Giant Rooks. 

Looking at announced names at June/July festivals... Burna Boy, Editors, Royal Blood, George Ezra, One Republic, Chemical brothers, Christine and the Queens, Becky Hill? 

Edited by activean

23 minutes ago, activean said:

Unlikely - :

I think we can rule out most of the artist playing solo shows in Budapest just months prior or after the festival, so Robbie, 

Pentatonix, Maneskin and Bring Me The Horizon seem unlikely at this point. We also ruled out Taylor.

All the similar festivals happening in August didn't annoucened anything yet, so nothing for us there.

Likely + :

We could maybe get something from 2020 lineup, so Stormzy, Foals, Mark Ronson, Mabel, Foster the people, Of monsters and men, Tom Walker? 

Then all the names that had been cancelled for 2022, Little Simz, Yung Lean, Giant Rooks. 

Looking at announced names at June/July festivals... Burna Boy, Editors, Royal Blood, George Ezra, One Republic, Chemical brothers, Christine and the Queens, Becky Hill? 

How likely are the 1975 to come back? They are on tour in the US currently and they have dates scheduled until june-july, and there is not a single concert in europe outside UK and Ireland. Not a huge fan of them, just curious 🤷🏼‍♂️

37 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

How likely are the 1975 to come back? They are on tour in the US currently and they have dates scheduled until june-july, and there is not a single concert in europe outside UK and Ireland. Not a huge fan of them, just curious 🤷🏼‍♂️

I really hope they're not coming back lol... just hate theM...not only they think they are a greater band than Oasis ( 🤔 ) but lately the lead singer said that Metallica is the worst band ever... 😑     man, who are you with your stupid girly fuckin' Pop music ...

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I really hope they're not coming back lol... just hate theM...not only they think they are a greater band than Oasis ( 🤔 ) but lately the lead singer said that Metallica is the worst band ever... 😑     man, who are you with your stupid girly fuckin' Pop music ...

He likes slayer and refused. Its not like he hates metal music. Just hates Metallica. We all have bands in genres we love where we irrationally hate them 

26 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

He likes slayer and refused. Its not like he hates metal music. Just hates Metallica. We all have bands in genres we love where we irrationally hate them 

then just say you don't like it, not " it's the worst band ever" (I'm not even a Metallica fan lol, just aware of what they are)

Plus.. I mean... you are a teenagers girls pop band, how can you talk about one of the greatest metal band of all time, who are you lol ?

Anyway.. let's just hope we don't get them, we already had Justin Bieber this year for the 16 years old girls, thats enough.

14 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

then just say you don't like it, not " it's the worst band ever"

He said they are HIS worst band ever. A lot of metalheads feel the same way about Metallica. 

Matt's a known wind-up merchant, don't take anything he says seriously. 

• Like 1