Volunteering 2023

neil93

19 hours ago, Havors said:

Cool! I remeber you, good to know youre on here!

It was quite mental he was literally foaming at the mouth hand in a sling and moaning about being scanned but hadn't even let us scan him 🤣🤣 Told us all about his injury and the hospital and his life story very angry haha 

You did great.  I only came over when I saw the foaming at the mouth 🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Yeah i was oxfam volunteering at boomtown last year too, just wondered what venue cuz none of the places i went to was there ever a queue to get in. The micro venues are the best anyway

Mandidextrous scrapyard on the Thursday, we were gonna go but then saw they'd put "scrapyard full" on the led screens so decided not to bother. 

The rest of the weekend late at night there was a one way system round that specific bit.

19 hours ago, mazola said:

This was the worst part of my Oxfam stint a couple of years ago. Was on a vehicle gate (D I think) pretty busy but everyone I'm scanning in is a delivery driver, worker or security. A good proportion of who seemed to just be permanently pissed off, like it was me who had come up with this whole scanning in and out caper. Especially people coming in and out multiple times, you would think they would understand I have a job to do and I'm gonna do it.

At least on a pedestrian gate the people coming in are happy and want to be there, must be a much more pleasant experience.

I prefer pedestrian gates at Glasto but if you are lucky you can end up on a quiet vehicle gate with a spare chair and a bit of shade. Both have their place. I like the variety  

11 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Can anybody tell me. Is there anything I should have ready for Oxfam stewarding volunteering tomorrow? I have a log in for the actual site, but what type of things will it actual ask me that I will need to have to hand?

Card details.

It's pretty much going to be a case of first people to put down confirmed deposit payments get the places. So you may want to make sure your phone is at hand and ready to authenticate.

Edited by incident

33 minutes ago, incident said:

Card details.

It's pretty much going to be a case of first people to put down confirmed deposit payments get the places. So you may want to make sure your phone is at hand and ready to authenticate.

Thanks.

Will I need a valid photo of myself (for the application stage) or do Oxfam just request this at a later stage? 

2 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Thanks.

Will I need a valid photo of myself (for the application stage) or do Oxfam just request this at a later stage?

The various other bits and pieces need to be entered after the application is accepted, but within 24 hours.

Anyone else already page refreshing?! I'd like to hope that it's an early one. I've even got the day off to be able to monitor 🤞❤️ Good luck everyone. 

Edited by JezzaBelle

11 minutes ago, Dankpost said:

Are deposits refundable at all beyond today for new applications - does anyone know?

Negotiating the time off still 😬

I think I read somewhere that under consumer act we have a week's grace in cancelling - double check that though! I'm not sure what their general policy though beyond that

Edited by ced221_

12 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Someone said on Oxfam boards it was going to be mid morning. To me that means 9am but could equally mean 6am or 10:30am??🤥

11am. Their page just updated. 

• Like 1

Good luck to anyone trying at 11am. 

- Make sure you are logged in before that time.

- Have a couple of different payment methods to hand just in case, if you can

- Use Apple Pay if possible 

I look forward to hearing success stories here from 11:01 and will see you in the field! 🤞🤞