Volunteering 2023

neil93

5 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Any idea when these would become available?

In true Glastonbury style - there is no pattern. Just keep checking as often as you can and make sure you have your card details to hand because they go quickly.

I believe that it's possible to set up page checkers but I've never used one. 

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

In true Glastonbury style - there is no pattern. Just keep checking as often as you can and make sure you have your card details to hand because they go quickly.

I believe that it's possible to set up page checkers but I've never used one. 

I'm not sure you can for this as you can only see the slots come available after you've logged into your account.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm not sure you can for this as you can only see the slots come available after you've logged into your account.

You can as long as you keep your session open. I.e. as long as your laptop takes to go into sleep mode... or not if u want to waste electricity 🙃

5 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

If you use distill on chrome then once you’ve logged in, it will stay logged in as the session is active. 

4 hours ago, stuie said:

If you use distill on chrome then once you’ve logged in, it will stay logged in as the session is active. 

Only as long as your device remains active and doesn't go into standby or sleep mode. So you need to leave your laptop on permanently and prevent it going into sleep mode. 

That's what I have to do anyway ha ball ache

15 hours ago, ConMan said:

Ah okay, thanks. Was there a set split pattern, or was it just a case of ‘you’ll be here at x o’clock and finish at y o’clock’ ?

I just did 3 shifts with set times (can leave early sometimes if its quiet or you ask nicely)

5 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Oxfam site has just gone down for maintenance.  Wonder if the Glastonbury tickets back in the pot will be released when it's back up

Profiles being locked I think. If they were releasing more places they would have said on Facebook page 

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

Profiles being locked I think. If they were releasing more places they would have said on Facebook page 

They've not been consistent about that in the past. Think it usually depends on how many places are coming available.

21 minutes ago, Havors said:

From a post in the Oxfam WhatsApp group, looks like they were locked yesterday morning, as they couldn't make any changes then

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ConMan said:

Ah okay, thanks. Was there a set split pattern, or was it just a case of ‘you’ll be here at x o’clock and finish at y o’clock’ ?

There is a Shelter Facebook Group, if you search Rota in that you can see the shift patterns from the last festival but it depends what bar you are allocated which you won't find out until you get there. 

18 hours ago, ConMan said:

There is a Shelter Facebook Group, if you search Rota in that you can see the shift patterns from the last festival but it depends what bar you are allocated which you won't find out until you get there. 

2 minutes ago, danstan said:

Anyone previously volunteered with Shelter? How was it? And do you have to use their coaches or can you make your own way there? 

cheers

last few pages there is chat about Shelter! I think people have managed to drive in before but I'm not sure I think it was under certain circumstances. if you join the FB group might see chat about it from recent years

4 minutes ago, danstan said:

Anyone previously volunteered with Shelter? How was it? And do you have to use their coaches or can you make your own way there? 

cheers

I believe that prior to 2022 they ran coaches from London and Sheffield (?) and you had to come that way.  But last year they changed it (relatively last minute) to Bristol and again you had to take it but then train strikes were announced and they said people could drive

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Well, just found out now that the Quimby's will be on the farm. Gas'd as the kids say. Working T&C again. Was in the balance but all sorted. Phew.

said it in the chat but delighted youve made it and we've got some late green on our spreadsheet 🙂 

58 minutes ago, March Hare said:

What night is the efest volunteer meet?

44 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Last year was Monday night

Yep. Monday night at Tow & Hitch.

Probably try and organise it again for there this year as was good night- as my head on the Tuesday testified

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Slightly off topic sorry but I’m gonna assume I won’t get a glasto spot at this point (will keep trying) so have signed up for two others; Womad and Nass.. 

i feel like Nass is probably full of kids and might not be so great but the lineup is decent and the skating etc will be good. My other option was 2000 trees on same date but don’t know too much about that one?

anyone worked any of these and what are they like?

I would’ve chosen boomtown or even arctangent but they clash with houghton and it’s aftermath 

Edited by golden egg