Volunteering 2023

neil93

6 minutes ago, Snoop Cat said:

So I have just gone on to their website and got in touch with someone via the chat function and said my payment had been taken but no place confirmed. They checked there and then and confirmed my place!

link to live chat is - https://www.oxfam.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

if you are in the same position as me give it a go!

Cant see live chat on there?

8 minutes ago, Snoop Cat said:

So I have just gone on to their website and got in touch with someone via the chat function and said my payment had been taken but no place confirmed. They checked there and then and confirmed my place!

link to live chat is - https://www.oxfam.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

if you are in the same position as me give it a go!

2 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

Lovely Rob has confirmed I’m in 

I've just tried this and Benita said "I can see your deposit was charged but your place is yet to be confirmed  I will send you an email later when I am very certain because the system is still down I am not able to confirm"

I guess this, coupled with the facebook post that said if you've paid then you're in means it's going to be OK but who knows?

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

I've just tried this and Benita said "I can see your deposit was charged but your place is yet to be confirmed  I will send you an email later when I am very certain because the system is still down I am not able to confirm"

I guess this, coupled with the facebook post that said if you've paid then you're in means it's going to be OK but who knows?

I sent and received this, from Facebook and here it does look like it’s absolutely fine for most of us with the payment being taken

459F6977-DC86-4C04-BC52-CDDC4FCB9D3F.jpeg

1 minute ago, savethatjek said:

I sent and received this, from Facebook and here it does look like it’s absolutely fine for most of us with the payment being taken

459F6977-DC86-4C04-BC52-CDDC4FCB9D3F.jpeg

I wish I got Rob! 

haha 

• Like 1

I volunteered with Oxfam for the first time last year, and it was a wonderful experience. Worked on Ped Gate A on ticket checks for opening, saw Michael & Emily open up the gates, and had a full on eight hour shift!

The second two were on Wickett gate right next door, welcoming in hospitality and celebs. Great experience too!

I hope everyone that managed to get in has a FABULOUS time - you really will enjoy it! Just embrace every moment as if it's your last!

PS: Arrive on Monday, it's lovely to be able to wander the site before the punters descend!

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Maybe it's just on mobile! i dont get that pop up on my computer

Or maybe it's something to do with cookie / 3rd party blockers I have on... 

Ta!

Maybe your blockers as I see it on my desktop too.

image.thumb.png.258816ee67ab25418f32eec71bdf19a0.png

Tips for first timers!

priorities: make your bed space as comfy as possible. Dont sleep on the floor in a crappy sleeping bag, bring a nice duvet and a decent mattress thingo. If you sleep well, you're going to ensure you have the max amount of energy for the festival on top of working. It is bloody knackering! 

Insoles, hiking boots, nice socks - your foot comfort is of extreme importance, you'll be on your feet for eight hours and need to be comfortable

Layers for the night shift - it gets really bloody cold! 

get there as early as you can, definitely aim for the monday - wandering around before the punters get there is great

always remember the staff bars during the festival - sofas and seats galore, its brilliant having a pint and a nice sitdown after your shift, youve earnt it! 

bring a variety of ambient food for your tent - cereal bars, munchy things, loads of fruit. The food in the oxfield is pretty decent, but it cant hurt to have a few snacky things. a bag of maoam pinballs at 5am on your night shift is beautiful. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

I don't think FEStaff are taking applications this year

Not at first, but if they still have spaces later on they will. 

GLASTONBURY 2023 APPLICATIONS – we are not currently accepting applications.
All those who have worked two camping events with us in 2022 will receive an invite to apply in late Feb/early March first and foremost and then we will open up things to a wider audience....please keep an eye on our SM steams for updates! 

*Receiving an invite does not guarantee a place - please make sure you profile is as uptodate and is filled out fully to give you the best chance if numbers are tight. We will also be looking at supervisors feedback on individuals at Glastonbury and their performance at sister events as part of our selection process.

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Tips for first timers!

priorities: make your bed space as comfy as possible. Dont sleep on the floor in a crappy sleeping bag, bring a nice duvet and a decent mattress thingo. If you sleep well, you're going to ensure you have the max amount of energy for the festival on top of working. It is bloody knackering! 

Insoles, hiking boots, nice socks - your foot comfort is of extreme importance, you'll be on your feet for eight hours and need to be comfortable

Layers for the night shift - it gets really bloody cold! 

get there as early as you can, definitely aim for the monday - wandering around before the punters get there is great

always remember the staff bars during the festival - sofas and seats galore, its brilliant having a pint and a nice sitdown after your shift, youve earnt it! 

bring a variety of ambient food for your tent - cereal bars, munchy things, loads of fruit. The food in the oxfield is pretty decent, but it cant hurt to have a few snacky things. a bag of maoam pinballs at 5am on your night shift is beautiful. 

Seconding the layers for night shift! I've got rotten circulation and ended up absolutely frozen on mine last year - reckon I'm taking some thermals and gloves this time around.

Don't underestime how cold it can get when you've not got a beer jacket on!

Just now, e_p said:

what would happen if you did oxfam but couldn't arrive until weds

You must arrive by Tuesday afternoon. 

There are two briefings - one on Monday and one on Tuesday afternoon and they are compulsory. 

First shift could be at 04:45 Wednesday. 

29 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

PS: Arrive on Monday, it's lovely to be able to wander the site before the punters descend!

I love this part of the festival.  Also last year we had an efests crew/volunteers meet on the Monday night which was good fun

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations to everyone that got places, loved working for Oxfam and hope to do it again soon.  
Working ped gate A for gates open on Wednesday in 2019 was brilliant fun..  Nightshift on worthy view gate had the best view of the site through sunset and sunrise.

You see another side to the festival (and the crew bars are great 😊).

• Like 1