latitude 2023

jj200

It's a shame that Friday looks great at both the BBC sounds and the main stage, whereas I can't get that excited about either stage on Saturday evening. I think I'll probably make the most of that though and spend Saturday evening away from the stages and see if I can find some other entertainment.

**edit** If the sun's out then I'll probably be sitting outside the BBC sounds tent listening to Don Letts 

Edited by km9
Forgot about the reggae
  • Upvote 1

Pulp, metronomy, Yard act, dry cleaning, the beths, the murder capital and do nothing are all must sees on Friday. Young fathers and the big moon are my only must sees for Saturday. Siouxsie, black midi, creep show, Gwenno are my Sunday must sees. 

Then on the sunrise 86tvs, bar italia, miss grit and wunderhorse are must sees (clashes permitting)

In the alcove- English teacher. 

I need to check out a load more people though. 

I have been avoiding the Glastonbury pages for similar reason. Rubbish seeing people getting stroppy even though they have the tickets I didn’t get.

My Latitude acts I’m looking forward to are

FRIDAY - Pulp, Metronomy, Yard Act, confidence man, Georgia

SATURDAY - Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Lightning Seeds, Young Fathers

Sunday - James, Siouxsie, Bob Vylan. 

Edited by Bennykill
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bennykill said:

I have been avoiding the Glastonbury pages for similar reason. Rubbish seeing people getting stroppy even though they have the tickets I didn’t get.

My Latitude acts I’m looking forward to are

FRIDAY - Pulp, Metronomy, Yard Act, confidence man, Georgia

SATURDAY - Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Lightning Seeds, Young Fathers

Sunday - James, Siouxsie, Bob Vylan. 

Exactly! That is how I feel. 

anyway, some great choices there. I'm hoping Bob vylan doesn't clash with siouxsie.

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Exactly! That is how I feel. 

anyway, some great choices there. I'm hoping Bob vylan doesn't clash with siouxsie.

I’m hoping my wife isn’t to hooked on the idea of watching George Ezra. That will pain be seeing him with the other options on. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, km9 said:

**edit** If the sun's out then I'll probably be sitting outside the BBC sounds tent listening to Don Letts 

I spent at least an hour chatting with him in a Glastonbury back stage bar a few years back.

Just heard a track by Gretel Hanlyn on radio one. I had been meaning to check her out anyway but really liked it. It is kinda grungy indie. I think of you are a fan of soccer mommy or Wolf Alice then you would probably dig it. 

As always, I'm really enjoying digging into the little names lower down the lineup that have only got a few ep's and not massively established yet. I think latitude does a really good job of offering smaller interesting bands that'll get bigger in a year or so.  

23 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

As always, I'm really enjoying digging into the little names lower down the lineup that have only got a few ep's and not massively established yet. I think latitude does a really good job of offering smaller interesting bands that'll get bigger in a year or so.  

I second this, if you look back at some of the Sunrise/Lake Stage lineups of past fests there are some pretty big names who have played like Sam Fender, Dave and Wolf Alice. It's definitely a great festival for nurturing newer talent 

I'm definitely looking forward to Confidence Man, it was about this time last year I saw them on Jools Holland and shrugged them off as I was quite bewildered by it, now I can't get enough of them

I also found some footage from an orchestral show James did about 10 years ago, I think its going to be very special

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I second this, if you look back at some of the Sunrise/Lake Stage lineups of past fests there are some pretty big names who have played like Sam Fender, Dave and Wolf Alice. It's definitely a great festival for nurturing newer talent 

I'm definitely looking forward to Confidence Man, it was about this time last year I saw them on Jools Holland and shrugged them off as I was quite bewildered by it, now I can't get enough of them

I also found some footage from an orchestral show James did about 10 years ago, I think its going to be very special

Let’s not forget that in 2021 Wet Leg played mid afternoon in the Alcove (admittedly it was packed). But I’ve read since that the band said that was the first time that they realised that something big was happening. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:14 PM, rseamer said:

Let’s not forget that in 2021 Wet Leg played mid afternoon in the Alcove (admittedly it was packed). But I’ve read since that the band said that was the first time that they realised that something big was happening. 

One of my latitude regrets was rocking up with 10 mins before the set and seeing the queue up onto the bridge. Never seen it like that before at the alcove. 

• 2 weeks later...