Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

Have they ever left it this late to announce replacements in previous years or are we in uncharted territory with a headliner cancellation so late on. 

It feels like 3 weeks is pushing the limit of when an announcement is going to make any difference to ticket sales. They’re surely only shooting for the local market at this stage as anyone coming from overseas is unlikely to be able to make arrangements at such short notice. 

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Have they ever left it this late to announce replacements in previous years or are we in uncharted territory with a headliner cancellation so late on. 

It feels like 3 weeks is pushing the limit of when an announcement is going to make any difference to ticket sales. They’re surely only shooting for the local market at this stage as anyone coming from overseas is unlikely to be able to make arrangements at such short notice. 

Plenty of non locals in the region that could catch a train or drive from The Netherlands, France, Germany at short notice. Dusseldorf is just a 2 hour drive and Paris less than 4. Out of the top 5 countries might just be a bit harder for those that are UK based. But expect them to focus on regional sales for day tickets regardless. Who is gonna travel more than a 10 hours and take 2 days off for a Werchter Thursday regardless. Not like it's the only festival out there.

Just now, DDave said:

Mumfords for Thursday. That'll go down well. 

I remember I suggested them a few weeks ago but one of the Mumfords were playing at Lolla Sweden. Does he cancel it? 

Anyway, for such a short time to fix it, it's a really decent solution!

47 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

It’ll go down like a lead balloon but I feel like that’s a big get for such a short space of time to book a big headliner 

You'd think so but the 'reactions' on Facebook appear otherwise. 611 reactions with 360 'likes' and 226 'loves'

• Upvote 1

It's been some time since I went to RW, maybe you can help me make some smart decisions. If I go with Sigur Ror all the way through (till 19:20), and MGK (who I don't care for) starts at 19:05, what are my chances to get into the golden ring in time for OATW?

8 minutes ago, Ohad said:

It's been some time since I went to RW, maybe you can help me make some smart decisions. If I go with Sigur Ror all the way through (till 19:20), and MGK (who I don't care for) starts at 19:05, what are my chances to get into the golden ring in time for OATW?

1/1, a ton of people leave between each act at main stage. Just make sure to make your way up to the gate in front around the time MGK finishes. They'll then let people out for 5-10 minutes and then let people in for 5-10 minutes

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, fillou said:

There seems to be a new tent near the Slope stage. Anyone with more info about that? Food hall? Extra stage? 

Are there any maps of the festival area out? Seems by the description that they have moved the lockers outside the festival area? That doesn't make much sense if true. Having to go to security again everytime you want to pick up or change something.