Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Ooh what is the North West Walls area?

I nice secluded area on the right-hand side of the main stage with nice artwork on stacked containers where you can eat, drink, relax on a hammock or dance to a dj set during the main stage breaks. There is a separate website for it (northwestwalls [dot] be) which appears to be down at the moment but I guess you'll be able to check it out at some point later on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I nice secluded area on the right-hand side of the main stage with nice artwork on stacked containers where you can eat, drink, relax on a hammock or dance to a dj set during the main stage breaks. There is a separate website for it (northwestwalls [dot] be) which appears to be down at the moment but I guess you'll be able to check it out at some point later on.

Cosy place. You can hear the Main Stage from there. Just too bad they don't put a screen there to see the show. I can it's a different area but it could be a nice add.

16 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

So is KluB C halfway between? 5 mins from The Slope Or The Barn? How far is each from the main stage?

Also (probably a daft question) just how sloped is The Slope? It looks like a really cool concept so the back of the crowd gets as good a view as the front but are we talking ski slope or gentle stroll? My better half saw it an hatched plans of sledding 😅

Check out a recent map of the site to get a decent idea about walking times.

Also note, you don't actually stand on The Slope for the concerts. The top is used as a sitting area with a view but the stage is actually at the back, under The Slope.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:43 AM, Floyd_Ams said:

I'll agree with you, it's probably the weakest version from the ones that I've been to although I don't consider it weak. It's a weird summer for European festivals in general. I look at the lineups of all major non-genre-specific festivals and I still find RW's being the best one (for my personal taste that is). I was a bit jealous at Primavera for a while primarily due to having Blur and Depeche Mode. But looking at the undercard and especially after buying tickets to see Blur at their own show, I'm not anymore (my pockets are empty though 😂).

So on the bright side, we 'll have a bit more space as I don't see it selling out this year and the opportunity to discover new bands or see some others for the first time (e.g. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dead Poet Society and The Reytons).

You might be right, but my concerns are also a bit about programming. There has always been issues and clashes, but there are also some general things I can't understand (but maybe som others can shed some light on it).

For instance, why do the first bands of the day play on the exact same time. It's the time when there is the least people on the festival grounds and it's kinda making sure that none of the bands get any large audience. I really can't understand that one. 

Also, why start most days with the Barn & Main Stage playing at the same time. These are the two stages with the most capacity, so at the alternating times you have the two stages with the smallest capacity open. If at any time this could be useful, it shold be with the last two headliners (but here I can understand that they want more people at the main stage).

As for this years clashes there are many unfortunate ones (as always), but some less understandable than others. Röyksopp and Stromae doesn't make any much sense, ending with two in similar genre on an already relatively weak day. Also, putting two of the few rap acts J.I.D & Lil Nas X (if you can call the latter a rapper) on the same time, is kinda hopeless, even if they are not acts I care to much about myself.

Anyway, I'm sure it will be a new nice addition, but I'm almost hoping for cancellations in order for some rabbits to jump out of a box 😉 My schedule before I've managed to listen enough to the more unknown bands;

Thursday: The Mary Wallopers - Anna Calvi - Nathaniel Rateliff - Ashnikko - The Reytons - Stormzy - Røyksopp/Stromae

Friday: The Haunted Youth - The Interrupters - Bear's Den - Hot Milk - Kasabian - Cmat - The Black Keys - Fever Ray/Liam Gallagher/Editors - Wardruna

Saturday: Vintage Trouble - Mimi Webb/Interpol - Paolo Nutini - OatW - Fred Again - Dean Lewis/Muse

Sunday: Dermot Kennedy - Nova Twins - The Lumineers - Lil Nas X - QotSA - Lovejoy/Rufus Du Sol/Arctic Monkeys 

• Upvote 2

Realized there's no reason not to buy a food/drink voucher, if it's indeed cheaper than the festivalsite. I want to assess how much i need, but since the last time I attended was 2018, please help me refresh my memory:

- how many "tokens" (tickets? What was the term?) a shower costs? 

- I seem to recall a snack costs around 2-3 tokens and a proper meal about 3-4.5. Sounds about right?

Also, for Hive fellows - can you remind me where and how can I charge my phone? For free/cost of..?

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Considering buying a Sunday day ticket off Viagogo for this but a bit hesitant. Anybody know the script with ticketing? Presuming it's some sort of E-Ticket?

In addition, does anybody know if there's any sort of daily shuttle to / from brussels? Can't seem to find anything definitive on the website

Cheers!

As far as I know tickets haven't been distributed yet (which is why Ticketswap has none available) so I would not risk buying anything second hand at the moment.

Regarding shuttle buses, they are driving continuously back and from Leuven but not to Brussels. You can take a train from Leuven to Brussels but note this will probably not be possible at night.

1 hour ago, ThijsDB said:

As far as I know tickets haven't been distributed yet (which is why Ticketswap has none available) so I would not risk buying anything second hand at the moment.

Regarding shuttle buses, they are driving continuously back and from Leuven but not to Brussels. You can take a train from Leuven to Brussels but note this will probably not be possible at night.

Cheers for the info mate. Looks as though the tickets are released to the purchasers in June so might hang fire until then

There’s a free shuttlebus to Leuven station.

I don’t know about this edition, but there was a shuttle to Brussels.

took this from a 2018 website:

Rock Werchter Festival organizers have set up a shuttle system that will transport daily festival-goers from Leuven to Brussels. The bus will leave from the Leuven train station platform 2 at 2.30 pm, to rejoin the capital’s three largest stations (Brussels-Nord, Brussels-Central, Brussels-Midi). As every year, the buses will be making trips almost all night between the Werchter plain and the Leuven and Aerschot train stations.

A night bus trip Leuven-Brussels will cost 16 euros. The ticket will have to be purchased beforehand at Ticketmaster. The organizers advise all interested persons to do so well in advance, considering the limited number of available tickets.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Name taken said:

There’s a free shuttlebus to Leuven station.

I don’t know about this edition, but there was a shuttle to Brussels.

took this from a 2018 website:

Rock Werchter Festival organizers have set up a shuttle system that will transport daily festival-goers from Leuven to Brussels. The bus will leave from the Leuven train station platform 2 at 2.30 pm, to rejoin the capital’s three largest stations (Brussels-Nord, Brussels-Central, Brussels-Midi). As every year, the buses will be making trips almost all night between the Werchter plain and the Leuven and Aerschot train stations.

A night bus trip Leuven-Brussels will cost 16 euros. The ticket will have to be purchased beforehand at Ticketmaster. The organizers advise all interested persons to do so well in advance, considering the limited number of available tickets.

I hope they'll do it again (Leuven-Brussels) this year. As I'm going only on Friday, I would prefer this solution instead of the parking. But I check on the website and there's nothing about it... yet. 

13 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Isn't viagogo the most notorious scam in the biz?

I know its notorious for parasites using it as a vehicle to charge several times over FV. Presume you'd be covered under some sort of guarantee though once you've actually paid for your ticket.

FWIW the day tickets in question are going for £160. Presume that'll be over FV but willing to take the extra hit on this occasion

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

QotSA have just cancelled their Welcome to Rockville performance. Wonder if they will cancel Werchter twice in a row

Rockville have been "assured it won't affect their other appearances" but I don't know why or how they would know that for sure.

Awfully coincidental that QOTSA were in The Guardian's first Glasto lineup drop and then quickly scrubbed.