Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

7 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

There is one act missing indeed and it will probably be an early afternoon one but I wouldn't rule out a small surprise there. It's possible that they are keeping one slot open to fill in later in accordance with ticket sales. If I remember correctly something similar happened in 2019 with some late additions to P!nk's day due to poor ticket sales. 

Ok, sounds nice but I don't dare to hope for a big act! Hoping for bad ticket sales then for Thursday in order for the organisers to get a bigger incentive to improve the line up on that day😉

16 hours ago, Ohad said:

I think there was a whole mess with Pinks day because she wanted her DJ or something to play in between shows. Can't remember the exact story.. Anyway, it seems to me a bit over optimistic to think there's a potential name that will push stormzy, 1975 or fender down the list 

Stormzy is one of this years headliners so that will not happen.

51 minutes ago, branvan said:

But New Order in the late afternoon would be a nice addition... 😎

They were great in 2019 and they could definitely give that Thursday a little boost! But I don't see them playing main stage late afternoon. Before Iggy or after Royksopp would be more probable I think (by moving one of the acts before them to the main). As mentioned before we shouldn't be expecting such names anymore but one can hope right? 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, BenG92 said:

Not even going, I just love a Clashfinder. 

Not counting clashes, thse are what I am interested in seeing.

Thursday - Lil Lotus, The Snuts, 1975, Sam Fender, Stormzy and Royksopp. (6)

Friday - The Haunted Youth, Liam Gallagher, Bears Den, CMAT, Tamino, Editors and the end of RHCP. (7)

Saturday - Interpol, Pauli Nutini, Muse, Sigur Ros, Xavier Rudd and Fred Again. (6)

Sunday - Inhaler, QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys. (3)

So not a bad edition.

Edited by thetime

Hello here in the forum, normaly we went to Sziget - but this year the lineup is too bad.

So we want to go to Werchter this year.

I have some questions:

1. Are there festival busses from the festival to Leuven and/or Aarschot?
2. Are there trains in the night after midnight between Leuven/Aarschot to Brussels or other directions?
3. Do we have to pay for the public transports? Or is that included in the festivalticket?
4. Or does anybody has a more detailed infosite? I did not find much on the festivalsite.

Thanks from my side!!!

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom Lobo said:

Hello here in the forum, normaly we went to Sziget - but this year the lineup is too bad.

I have some questions:

2. Are there trains in the night after midnight between Leuven/Aarschot to Brussels or other directions?
3. Do we have to pay for the public transports? Or is that included in the festivalticket?
4. Or does anybody has a more detailed infosite? I did not find much on the festivalsite.

Thanks from my side!!!

Tom

There are shuttles from/to leuven, and the festival ticket includes train tickets (from/to the festival, I dont think it includes daily train rides).

Edited by Ohad

13 hours ago, Tom Lobo said:

I have some questions:

Thanks from my side!!!

Tom

1. Yes

2. No ( and to be honest if you'd like to see the whole headliner set you'd be at Leuven/Aarschot train station around 1:40 AM at the earliest. 2 AM is more accurate. The trains start around 4 AM from what I remember

3. One ride to Leuven/Aarschot by train and one travel FROM Leuven/Aarschot is for free. They give the link to Belgian Rail early June. You STILL have to pay the Diabolo Fee to & from Zaventem Airport (5,5 euro last summer)

4. If there's no detailed info they'll give it soon. Theis festival is very well organised and they DO inform about everything necessary.    

18 hours ago, Tom Lobo said:

I have some questions:

Thanks from my side!!!

Tom

If I can give you one piece of advice, avoid staying in Brussels or any other big city that would require additional transportation. Don't do that to yourself. Going back every night (or early morning actually) will be exhausting. There are still a few glamping spots available. If you can't afford that, booking a room at Leuven is probably your best option. Easy to go back and forth, cozy city centre to go around and plenty of shops with everything you might need.

2 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

If I can give you one piece of advice, avoid staying in Brussels or any other big city that would require additional transportation. Don't do that to yourself. Going back every night (or early morning actually) will be exhausting. There are still a few glamping spots available. If you can't afford that, booking a room at Leuven is probably your best option. Easy to go back and forth, cozy city centre to go around and plenty of shops with everything you might need.

and sometimes there are cancellations in Hotels in Leuven a few weeks/days prior to the Festival. Staying in Leuven is a good choice, with the bus it's easy getting to the festival and back. 20 Min to walk from the Busstop to the entrance I would say. 

11 hours ago, heti said:

1. Yes

2. No ( and to be honest if you'd like to see the whole headliner set you'd be at Leuven/Aarschot train station around 1:40 AM at the earliest. 2 AM is more accurate. The trains start around 4 AM from what I remember

3. One ride to Leuven/Aarschot by train and one travel FROM Leuven/Aarschot is for free. They give the link to Belgian Rail early June. You STILL have to pay the Diabolo Fee to & from Zaventem Airport (5,5 euro last summer)

4. If there's no detailed info they'll give it soon. Theis festival is very well organised and they DO inform about everything necessary.    

Is the shuttle bus from Leuven also free or if not how much does it cost?

Thank you very much for your opinions. My first idea was, to drive with my motorbike to and from the festival to a hotel in the near - Maybe til 15 km. No alcohol is no problem for me, so it will be an option.

Another option is to rent a room short before the festival, if some people cancel their stay.

Thx and til the festival

Black Pink just announce a show in Paris (Stade de France) on July 15st. Their only Stadium show in Europe this year. And I just saw they're working with AEG, not Live Nation. Could it be the reason they don't play a lot in Europe this Summer? They only have this show and London 2 weeks before. I'm not a fan of the band at all but I expected to see them at some festivals like Rock Werchter or Lollapalooza.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Black Pink just announce a show in Paris (Stade de France) on July 15st. Their only Stadium show in Europe this year. And I just saw they're working with AEG, not Live Nation. Could it be the reason they don't play a lot in Europe this Summer? They only have this show and London 2 weeks before. I'm not a fan of the band at all but I expected to see them at some festivals like Rock Werchter or Lollapalooza.

I think it's rather because they're not ready for it yet (at least RW). They still get a lot of shit on social media whenever a pop/rap act is booked as headliner. Imagine the fallout that a kpop act would cause...

How long do you expect our headliners to perform? I know RW usually gives them 90~ minutes, but there are headliners out there that tend to play longer (eg Nick Cave won't turture us for less than 2hrs) or shorter (eg The Strokes tend to play 75 mins) sets.

Edited by Ohad

40 minutes ago, Ohad said:

How long do you expect our headliners to perform? I know RW usually gives them 90~ minutes, but there are headliners out there that tend to play longer (eg Nick Cave won't turture us for less than 2hrs) or shorter (eg The Strokes tend to play 75 mins) sets.

Guess: Stromae, Stormzy, RHCP, QOTSA and AM all playing 1,5 hours with Muse maybe doing 2? 

• Thanks 1

Random question but I'm coming from the UK to this festival and it's my first festival abroad. I wondered what do people do with their passports when going to see the music. Is there somewhere secure to put stuff like that or do people just take it with them in a bum bag/ leave it in the tent? 

1 hour ago, AlexR said:

Random question but I'm coming from the UK to this festival and it's my first festival abroad. I wondered what do people do with their passports when going to see the music. Is there somewhere secure to put stuff like that or do people just take it with them in a bum bag/ leave it in the tent? 

There are lockers that you can rent, some with electricity as well.

I only really have my tokens, max 50€ and my phone with me

Edited by Nicklord