Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

21 minutes ago, Archi said:

@Ken19 said a couple of weeks ago that Foo Fighters were speaking with Pinkpop/Werchter but didn't make it in the end. Now they have announced 4 festivals in the USA next Summer including one mid-June (the same weekend as Pinkpop where all headliners have been announced) and another one on July 15st. I can't see them coming in Europe for like 2 weeks and just a few shows. Seems clear they are out.

About The National, we can agree they're not that big to headline major festivals and put some hype in a global announcement like this. For Panic At The Disco, it seems clear the tour next month is gonna be the last one, based on their statement today.

Honestly, I can't imagine Guns N Roses at RW... They always play a very long set. And they play in London on June 30th. Like said before, they're 99% out for Werchter then.

An act like Black Pink would be a first-comer... they gonna play in Belgium one day or another. They play in London on Sunday July 2nd so they could be in Belgium or 29th or 30th. A duo Stromae - Black Pink could be huge!

Not sure I know who Black Pink are. Are they big in Belgium? 

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

Panic! at the Disco just announced today that this is it, after their Europe/UK shows, they're done. So maybe some last festivals before the end ..

Foo Fighters will be in the US during July, forget about it. Only August might be possible for Europe.

As for now, they have only festival dates. I don't think it's that far fetched.

But as mentioned, Ken hinted first timers, so maybe not foo.

Anyone got any last minute predictions or wishes before it drops tomorrow? 

Inevitably going to be here sad and underwhelmed when we end up with some combo of Robbie Williams, Sam Smith and Lizzo but in the meantime I’m going to bed dreaming that we’re going to get the big name we all want for the Thursday (I’m banging that Blur drum still even though we know it’s not happening).

In their inevitable absence I would be more than happy with any of the Foos, GNR, The Strokes, the National or Tame Impala (or some other mystery names that aren’t touring yet) filling out the remaining two headliner slots. Would love to see names like Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, The Mars Volta and Placebo on the undercard

8 hours ago, Archi said:

Honestly, I can't imagine Guns N Roses at RW... They always play a very long set. And they play in London on June 30th. Like said before, they're 99% out for Werchter then.

True true. I was thinking that 27 June is the first day of Werchter so they could co-headline with Stromae

7 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Anyone got any last minute predictions or wishes before it drops tomorrow? 

Inevitably going to be here sad and underwhelmed when we end up with some combo of Robbie Williams, Sam Smith and Lizzo but in the meantime I’m going to bed dreaming that we’re going to get the big name we all want for the Thursday (I’m banging that Blur drum still even though we know it’s not happening).

In their inevitable absence I would be more than happy with any of the Foos, GNR, The Strokes, the National or Tame Impala (or some other mystery names that aren’t touring yet) filling out the remaining two headliner slots. Would love to see names like Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, The Mars Volta and Placebo on the undercard

Of bands I´ve seen in other festivals I´d go for Liam Gallagher, Franz Ferdinand, Prodigy, Pet Shop Boys, Foals, Foo Fighters or Guns & Roses. 

I still mourn we don´t get Blur or Depeche Mode. 

• Like 1

New are: Iggy Pop, Röyksopp, Warhaus, Anna Calvi, Compact Disk Dummies, GAYLE, MEROL and Picture This for Thursday 29 June. Liam Gallagher, Ben Howard, Fever Ray, The Haunted Youth, Spoon, Squid, PUP, Hot Milk and Kelsy Karter & The Heroines join the line-up for Friday 30 June. Interpol, The Opposites, City And Colour, Dope Lemon, Mimi Webb and Touché Amoré come to the Festivalpark on Saturday 1 June. Lil Nas X, RÜFÜS DU SOL, The Driver Era, J.I.D, Baby Queen, Nova Twins and Ethan Bortnick join on Sunday 2 July

Edited by 49Lawson

Yeah it feels like a bit of a strange mixed bag. Still don’t think we have our missing headliner slots filled either (or we might; I’m trying to make sense of the website)

Just having a look through the days actually, Friday looks very good for me now (A potential main stage run of The Black Keys > LG > RHCP > ??? Could be up there with the best days at Werchter I’ve done if the missing headliner is good), Saturday has enough I want to see, Thursday is missing that something big to fully convince me but has a few nice names and Sunday has some stuff I want to see but the booking looks all over the shop. Just seems like they’ve booked a collection of bands and artists with no coherence.

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah it feels like a bit of a strange mixed bag. Still don’t think we have our missing headliner slots filled either (or we might; I’m trying to make sense of the website)

Just having a look through the days actually, Friday looks very good for me now (A potential main stage run of The Black Keys > LG > RHCP > ??? Could be up there with the best days at Werchter I’ve done if the missing headliner is good), Saturday has enough I want to see, Thursday is missing that something big to fully convince me but has a few nice names and Sunday has some stuff I want to see but the booking looks all over the shop. Just seems like they’ve booked a collection of bands and artists with no coherence.

We´re talking about Rock Werchter. They do this every year like that. 

Our expectations were too high I guess... Liam Gallagher sub on Friday. Didn't see it coming. There's still one headliner missing on Thursday but I start to thing plans have changed since the few infos we got in December (like a first time comer as headliner or an headliner announced in January). On this list of 30 bands, I don't know a few and they are all spread over the 4 days sadly. 

For the 2020 line-up, I remember we had already LG as sub below The Strokes. And it was a bit disappointing. Same feeling here.