Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

Hi folks! I'm new in this, but I silently read the whole topic the last months. Have you considered The Strokes as missing headliner for Friday? 

First, they should be first timers (according to Ken19). The band was booked for the 2020 edition, but we all know that didn't happen because of Covid. Also, The Strokes are touring with RHCP in April and May, which band could be more perfect for that spot on Friday before them? According to Rick Rubin they were recording a new album back in 2022. So maybe festival announcement and new album this month?
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ali_rocks said:

Hi folks! I'm new in this, but I silently read the whole topic the last months. Have you considered The Strokes as missing headliner for Friday? 

First, they should be first timers (according to Ken19). The band was booked for the 2020 edition, but we all know that didn't happen because of Covid. Also, The Strokes are touring with RHCP in April and May, which band could be more perfect for that spot on Friday before them? According to Rick Rubin they were recording a new album back in 2022. So maybe festival announcement and new album this month?

People were quick to deduce they are out because The Voidz are playing Primavera (early June). But Julian tours with the strokes until the end of May and then again in August, so I really don't think it's far fetched.

As Strokes canceled their Primavera show last year in a day's notice, it will be a great compensation for me. Also, may be another factor contributing to the bizzare outcome of RHCPs back to back booking.

18 minutes ago, Ohad said:

As Strokes canceled their Primavera show last year in a day's notice

A true blessing in disguise, means I got to drag my mrs. to King Gizzard instead and it was the #2 show of the entire year for me behind Turnstile at RW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

A true blessing in disguise, means I got to drag my mrs. to King Gizzard instead and it was the #2 show of the entire year for me behind Turnstile at RW.

Haha, it was King Gizz instead for me too. The set was a bit less to my taste, but they're so diverse it's impossible. I do believe I would've had much, much more fun at the strokes

12 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

Hope it is not going to the Strokes . Seen them in Nos alive last year and they were terrible . Even their fans were leaving early 

One may assume Julian had a shitty recovery from covid, because I did not hear any complaints until June. After that pretty much every show was criticized 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Hello all. We anticipating a return to the Friday announcements this week or next?

Have there really been any Friday-announcement to talk about at all for this festival? Can't find any patterne in their announcement really...

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

Have there really been any Friday-announcement to talk about at all for this festival? Can't find any patterne in their announcement really...

In the past few years, the friday 4pm local (belgian) time announcement has been a staple, especially for packets of names. I even recall an announcement in the previous years where Werchter said on their socials something of the sort "bringing back old tradition, the announcements of friday afternoon", can't recall the exact post though. The headliner announcements do not usually follow this pattern however.

Edited by polnico

1 hour ago, polnico said:

In the past few years, the friday 4pm local (belgian) time announcement has been a staple, especially for packets of names. I even recall an announcement in the previous years where Werchter said on their socials something of the sort "bringing back old tradition, the announcements of friday afternoon", can't recall the exact post though. The headliner announcements do not usually follow this pattern however.

Would love if it happended, but seems like they are more into big batches now. Hopefully I'm being proved wrong on Friday 🙂