Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

27 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/duffmckagan/2983557441234074363/?hl=en

Still up on Duff's instagram. Seems that GnR side announced it a bit earlier than they should've

The link doesn't seem to be working but no need I believe what you are saying, thanks!

Edit: It's officially announced now: https://www.gunsnroses.com/tour

Edited by Floyd_Ams

6 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Didn't her solo Werchter date sold very poorly and it got moved back to an arena?

Still a weird ending for this. Because her show at SportPaleis (20k) was soldout in a couple of minutes for almost the same price as the show at Werchter. She would have only enough Belgian fans to sold an arena but not more? Hard to thing that. Especially after the insane show she did early afternoon at Pukkelpop in 2019... But now, she's for sure one of the biggest pop headliners we could have.

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Volbeat were on that RW20 poster and have only one date next summer so far, opening for Metallica in Gothenburg on June 16th. I hope we get them... 

In 2020, it was a co-headline SOAD-Volbeat. If SOAD aren't coming, I don't see them taking Volbeat again. 

Just now, Archi said:

In 2020, it was a co-headline SOAD-Volbeat. If SOAD aren't coming, I don't see them taking Volbeat again. 

You're right, Volbeat could only ever play in a co-healining structure with System of a Down, it's not like they played as a sub in 2013...or wait.....

Just now, Gossard said:

You're right, Volbeat could only ever play in a co-healining structure with System of a Down, it's not like they played as a sub in 2013...or wait.....

I remember. They sub for Rammstein. I don't see them sub for Stromae. And if an act like Billie Eilish is confirmed on Friday, I don't see Werchter adds Volbeat there. That's my full opinion 😉 

4 minutes ago, Archi said:

I remember. They sub for Rammstein. I don't see them sub for Stromae. And if an act like Billie Eilish is confirmed on Friday, I don't see Werchter adds Volbeat there. That's my full opinion 😉 

They would have been a fitting co-head/sub for Muse, but Oscar and The Wolf tool that slot.

Hoping for a quick Blur/Billie Eilish confirmation!

33 minutes ago, Archi said:

To be fair, Pink subbed Rammstein a couple of years back;) However, I also think

that Volbeat won´t sub Stromae or Billie. 

Edited by ParanoidTourist

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

Nobody expected Black Eyed Peas playing after Iron Maiden in 2011 either 😉 

44 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Let's also not forget that either Stromae or the Friday headliner are probably the replacement for RATM. Which means a sub like Volbeat (or BMTH?) could've been booked before there were even talks of booking a pop headliner.

Have RATM played Werchter before? Are we sure they're not back in the loop?

2 hours ago, Cammers said:

Where do The 1975 stand nowadays? 

Touring European festivals this summer, but I presume still not headline worthy for RW?

Maybe a Sub slot? 

Last time they played Belgium, their arena show got downgraded to a club-sized venue. Wouldn't expect them much higher than last time they played.

16 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Google says this:

twc07-5bbf3b23e3137.jpg

Yeah, but TW Classic surely can't count? Nice line-up though...

Anyway, realized he has a concert in Zürich on the 1st, and as the other days are unlikely I'd say he's out as well. Unfortunately things narrow down to Billie. Sziget moved the whole festival one day because of her... 😕

Edited by tmolvik

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

Yeah, but TW Classic surely can't count? Nice line-up though...

Anyway, realized he has a concert in Zürich on the 1st, and as the other days are unlikely I'd say he's out as well. Unfortunately things narrow down to Billie. Sziget moved the whole festival one day because of her... 😕

i doubt it because billie is doing august festivals. would imagine she does pukkelpop instead.