BST 2023

mike99

only last week full lineups of Take That and Guns N' Roses dates announced and there are only one or two acts for Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen dates that were announced last year. Lana's concert announced just few weeks ago so I guess they might skip the announcement of main support act and just announced full lineup soon, though with that crazy fast sale maybe they don't need to bother adding anything else 😄

speaking of full lineups, gotta say that althouge I want to see The Darkness and can't say Pretenders aren't good band but both aren't the most exciting acts and I didn't know any of the other bands announed, heard few songs of each and nothing seems that interesting so not sure I'm that tempted to get there early. feel a bit weak comparing Pearl Jam and Rolling Stones days or lineups from previous years. hope for 1-2 nice names for Bruce Springsteen.

did you see any of those acts and can say it's worth seeing? 

image.thumb.jpeg.552be6df41fc56bb592bc6f74f344853.jpeg

3 hours ago, amfest12 said:

did you see any of those acts and can say it's worth seeing? 

Seen Bad Nerves a few times. If you like pop punk/slam dunk style acts you will probably like them but in general don't know the other smaller names. I think I have heard one song by The Dust Coda and did not think I need to check this band out.

• Like 1

Definitely go and see James and the Cold Gun. They did one of the Pearl Jam days last year, got a shout out from Eddie Vedder and have since signed to Stone Gossard's label. Frontman used to be the bassist in a band called Holding Absence but not sure that will mean anything to anyone here!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, c82588 said:

Definitely go and see James and the Cold Gun. They did one of the Pearl Jam days last year, got a shout out from Eddie Vedder and have since signed to Stone Gossard's label. Frontman used to be the bassist in a band called Holding Absence but not sure that will mean anything to anyone here!

Will try and check them out. I saw Holding Absence before supporting Creeper and thought they were ok and so up for giving James and the Cold Gun a go.

2 hours ago, Onetime guest said:

Hello! Any advice when to arrive if we want to avoid the lineups (for Blackpink day)? Also, can I bring in the picknick blanket to sit on the grounds as I was hoping we'll stand way in the back since I have a smallish kid with me..

Websites says that last entry is 8:30, would aim for 7:30 latest to be safe

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I have some questions for you. I'm not a UK resident (Netherlands) and I'm going to see Lana del Rey on July 9th.  Because I arrive the day before (8th) I was thinking about how cool it would be to see Bruce Springsteen that day. I know it's all sold out, therefore I would like to know what are good and trustworthy ways to buy tickets. My questions:

1) Here in Holland the advice is always to keep watching Ticketmaster, because often they release some tickets in the last days/weeks before the concert. Is that also the case for Ticketmaster uk?

2) Does Ticketmaster uk has a site where tickets are 'resold'?

3) Is Ticketswap a common way to offer tickets in the UK? I know here in The Netherlands it's used a lot. What I like about it, is that sellers are limited to the amount of profit they can make on a ticket (about 20% I believe), and the fact that its quite safe to buy from them.

4) If ticket swap is not a common way to get tickets, what are good and safe websites / forums / buy/sell platforms to to business on? I don't like stub hub, it's way too expensive and also not always safe. Hope there are other and better alternatives.

Hope you can help me out! Thanks.

12 hours ago, Jackflash said:

Hi everyone, I have some questions for you. I'm not a UK resident (Netherlands) and I'm going to see Lana del Rey on July 9th.  Because I arrive the day before (8th) I was thinking about how cool it would be to see Bruce Springsteen that day. I know it's all sold out, therefore I would like to know what are good and trustworthy ways to buy tickets. My questions:

1) Here in Holland the advice is always to keep watching Ticketmaster, because often they release some tickets in the last days/weeks before the concert. Is that also the case for Ticketmaster uk?

2) Does Ticketmaster uk has a site where tickets are 'resold'?

3) Is Ticketswap a common way to offer tickets in the UK? I know here in The Netherlands it's used a lot. What I like about it, is that sellers are limited to the amount of profit they can make on a ticket (about 20% I believe), and the fact that its quite safe to buy from them.

4) If ticket swap is not a common way to get tickets, what are good and safe websites / forums / buy/sell platforms to to business on? I don't like stub hub, it's way too expensive and also not always safe. Hope there are other and better alternatives.

Hope you can help me out! Thanks.

So 1) and 2) - keep an eye on the event page https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/amex-presents-bst-hyde-park-bruce-london-08-07-2023/event/37005CEDC4B61F63 and the resale tickets appear when you have clicked the number of tickets you want and then hit "Find tickets". None right now but that's where they'll be if they appear. 

On 3) and 4) Twickets is our main equivalent of Ticketswap. https://www.twickets.live/event/1548959856512208896. Similar thing, all face value and trustworthy. You'll need alerts set up 

From past experience, when you get close to a massive gig like this tickets do appear. You're in a great spot because you're coming over anyway, so can get a ticket like the day before if it comes to it

Edited by efcfanwirral

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So 1) and 2) - keep an eye on the event page https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/amex-presents-bst-hyde-park-bruce-london-08-07-2023/event/37005CEDC4B61F63 and the resale tickets appear when you have clicked the number of tickets you want and then hit "Find tickets". None right now but that's where they'll be if they appear. 

On 3) and 4) Twickets is our main equivalent of Ticketswap. https://www.twickets.live/event/1548959856512208896. Similar thing, all face value and trustworthy. You'll need alerts set up 

From past experience, when you get close to a massive gig like this tickets do appear. You're in a great spot because you're coming over anyway, so can get a ticket like the day before if it comes to it

Thanks very much. This is really helpful.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:37 PM, mike99 said:

Any ideas for next year?. Paul McCartney maybe the Killers

Aerosmith? Doing their 'last ever tour' at the moment. IIRC were booked to headline Glasto in 2020 and obviously that never happened so yeah, maybe BST and Glasto to wrap up their shows in the UK. 

4 hours ago, amfest12 said:

Map, Blackpink + Pink schedule and now Springsteen support acts updated, again I don't know anything beside the top two acts and only interested in Frank Turner. If you have any recommendations for 6/7 would love to hear, thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.e80c2b016b90cc2ef4508e3f7b9e8b3f.jpeg

Going on the same day, can't help with recommendations at all 😂😂

8 hours ago, amfest12 said:

Map, Blackpink + Pink schedule and now Springsteen support acts updated, again I don't know anything beside the top two acts and only interested in Frank Turner. If you have any recommendations for 6/7 would love to hear, thanks

I can recommend Attawalpa, definitely. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, amfest12 said:

Picture Parlour on the Springstein Thursday are worth a listen. Girl band with guiatars and a few good tunes. I think their first single is coming out soon.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 10:17 AM, amfest12 said:

Stone are very good.

Some artists don't have a catwalk, so diamond view doesn't seem to have much of an advantage there.

Do you guys think the diamond view is a good upgrade to the Gold circle? On the map I see Diamond view is smaller, but seems also not as centered to the stage as Gold circle. Is Diamond view less crowded than Golden Circle?

38 minutes ago, Jackflash said:

Some artists don't have a catwalk, so diamond view doesn't seem to have much of an advantage there.

Do you guys think the diamond view is a good upgrade to the Gold circle? On the map I see Diamond view is smaller, but seems also not as centered to the stage as Gold circle. Is Diamond view less crowded than Golden Circle?

I personally think both are a load of old tosh