BST 2023

mike99

43 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Yeah unless its someone like McCartney its a bit of a push to expect to sell out Hyde Park in 2 months? 

It doesn't necessarily need to sell out though, and especially not at full capacity.

To start with, the Hyde Park licence is for 7 shows at 65k and 2 shows at 50k - so a smaller show than the likes of Springsteen, Joel, P!nk, etc would probably be on the cards anyway. Beyond that, the infrastructure is going to be in place regardless, and all of the commercial agreements (staffing, concessions, sponsorship, etc) likely have been based on running 9 shows so it's possible there'd be penalties for not running the final date.

As a result the "break even" point will depend largely on artists fees - if they get for example Flo in with suitable support and draw 30,000 then as long as they're not paying insane money they should still be able to turn a profit.

Just now, Dg_vic said:

But will she be headliner or support. Cant see her selling 30k tickets (as above). 

This is what I'm wondering.

Pretty happy with this either way as I loved her as a teenager and never got the chance to see her, but I'm wondering if she's ever really been popular enough to sell 50/65k? I imagine if it's headline it's exclusive (bar Glastonbury) so that will boost sales, plus she's got a huge new wave of fans from TikTok and has just had a number one album. Is that enough, though?

2 hours ago, shivroy said:

she's definitely a headline act, especially since she hasn't played a proper show in the UK for ages. I don't see the date on her website anymore tho? does anyone have screenshots

It's cause its no longer 23rd apparently. Final Sunday instead

18 hours ago, incident said:

It doesn't necessarily need to sell out though, and especially not at full capacity.

To start with, the Hyde Park licence is for 7 shows at 65k and 2 shows at 50k - so a smaller show than the likes of Springsteen, Joel, P!nk, etc would probably be on the cards anyway. Beyond that, the infrastructure is going to be in place regardless, and all of the commercial agreements (staffing, concessions, sponsorship, etc) likely have been based on running 9 shows so it's possible there'd be penalties for not running the final date.

As a result the "break even" point will depend largely on artists fees - if they get for example Flo in with suitable support and draw 30,000 then as long as they're not paying insane money they should still be able to turn a profit.

Out of interest do you know who the 50k ones are this year?

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

Out of interest do you know who the 50k ones are this year?

Not aware of it ever being confirmed, and I certainly don't have any inside line (the licence info is all public record).

But given the slow ticket sales, I'd assume Blackpink are the most likely of the current ones.

4 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

What date would that make her? Praying I'm free as I've twice had tickets to see her only for her to cancel. Would honestly complete my summer to finally catch her live! 

If they're correct, that would make her 9th July. Kind of hoping it is actually still the 23rd but doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me either way!

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On the Boss, he doesn't have tour supports but last time he played Hyde Park (albeit when it was called Hard Rock Calling) there was a full line up of supports on before him 

John Fogerty and Lady A in 2012 and Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes in 2013 (plus others but they were the main two)- I'm going to guess something old as the main support and then something a bit more modern below.

Edited by efcfanwirral

5 hours ago, c82588 said:

It would seem that's what the poster who said she'd moved is saying. Seems a bit crazy to me for it to be moved at such short notice, as surely that would require a lot of undercard acts to be rebooked/replaced. Vendors probably less of an issue. 

I don’t think it’s been moved, it was probably always the 9th July - her website is just listing the first date of the festivals she’s playing… for example Glastonbury says 21st June & the Canadian festival date says 6th July when she’s actually playing on the 15th July. 

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

John Fogerty and Lady A in 2012 and Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes in 2013 (plus others but they were the main two)- I'm going to guess something old as the main support and then something a bit more modern below.

2013 was the (outside of the) Olympic Stadium rather than Hyde Park. 

30 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Patti Smith and the gaslight anthem?

I saw TGA last year and figured they'd be guaranteed for the UK festival circuit this year but it doesn't look likely. They supported BS the first time I saw him, Hyde Park 2009, along with Dave Matthews Band, James Morrison and a few others.

John Fogerty is in the area, so it's totally possible he'd support again!

I also still think War on Drugs, The Chicks and Sam Fender (sorry!) are totally possible.

For Billy Joel I'll be amazed if Tom Odell and/or Jamie Cullum aren't tagged on because "pianos" innit?

Edited by judyblue110

11 minutes ago, stanh said:

Looks fake, can't really see O Rod accepting that slot, plus she isn't announced for anywhere else this year (I don't think) - would be a massive booking.

She's still on the up and up. Sam Fender supported the Stones last year when he was in I'd say a similar position.