Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Any sign of a little craft beer bar? Or anything a bit different to the main bars? 

You used to be able to get cans of staggeringly good (local brewery) from the cafe at the tennis club, but they're under new management since last fest so I don't know what they'll have this year. Will report back tomorrow (if nobody else does 1st).

• Thanks 1

The rain this year is getting to be a real downer. It’s pissed it down at least one day every weekend I have been away for festivals and outdoor gigs. I was hoping this week end would buck the trend and I would finish my festival excursions with some sun. The odd wet one is fine but it’s been weekend after weekend it’s now becoming hard work.

Oh well can’t be helped, onwards and upwards as they say. So role on The Mary Wallopers, they pulled out of Truck and I could not be arsed to move stage last weekend at Beautiful Days as it was raining and I was struggling to get excited by anything, so hoping to catch them tomorrow although I think they only have 30 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Dales said:

The rain this year is getting to be a real downer. It’s pissed it down at least one day every weekend I have been away for festivals and outdoor gigs. I was hoping this week end would buck the trend and I would finish my festival excursions with some sun. The odd wet one is fine but it’s been weekend after weekend it’s now becoming hard work.

Oh well can’t be helped, onwards and upwards as they say. So role on The Mary Wallopers, they pulled out of Truck and I could not be arsed to move stage last weekend at Beautiful Days as it was raining and I was struggling to get excited by anything, so hoping to catch them tomorrow although I think they only have 30 minutes.

Forecast is all over the place for Saturday. Friday and Sunday looking fine so far. Saturday was awful earlier but now improving. My enjoyment of a festival is directly associated with the weather so fingers crossed for a dry one. Victorious 2018 ( Sunday) ruined the whole weekend for me.  

4 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Forecast is all over the place for Saturday. Friday and Sunday looking fine so far. Saturday was awful earlier but now improving. My enjoyment of a festival is directly associated with the weather so fingers crossed for a dry one. Victorious 2018 ( Sunday) ruined the whole weekend for me.  

Yep that was the one with the horizontal monsoon wind and rain. Got there late due to storm- saw half of Gomez who had to play under a gazebo on main stage, had a wet burger and by 4pm was soaked through and gave up and went home. The first time there were more people queuing to get out than come in!! Apparently the rain did stop later for The Progedy but we were tucked up in bed by then! 😄

5 hours ago, sedra said:

Yep that was the one with the horizontal monsoon wind and rain. Got there late due to storm- saw half of Gomez who had to play under a gazebo on main stage, had a wet burger and by 4pm was soaked through and gave up and went home. The first time there were more people queuing to get out than come in!! Apparently the rain did stop later for The Progedy but we were tucked up in bed by then! 😄

Same. Arrived before Gomez (who came on later than planned), but the crowd were pitiful for such a great band. Kids arena was a ghost town. Got loads of free montezuma chocolate though, so not the worst day. Bluetones were good too. 

7 hours ago, sedra said:

That day I was on site the whole day from the start. It was a mess.

The first band on the main stage played to about 10 people, bins were blowing all over the place, stages were being cancelled but the festival were putting nothing up online to say what was running and what wasn’t. Basically 99% of people stayed at home / in the pub till Gomez.

Anyway, the sun is out in Southsea at the moment. Some rain later maybe but I think overall today won’t be too bad. 

11 hours ago, Andybaggie said:

Rumour going round that McFly are the surprise guests on Saturday - anyone itk? 

It’s reported in the local paper

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/people/victorious-festival-2023-fans-speculate-mcfly-could-be-the-special-guests-for-saturday-lineup-at-portsmouth-music-festival-4267164

20 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Any sign of a little craft beer bar? Or anything a bit different to the main bars? 

Only found Coors & Madri so far. Tennis cafe is closed. Cafe by casemates stage that used to be good for cheap soft drinks is £3 now like the main bars. And Natty's jerk isn't here this year 😢

On 8/24/2023 at 7:58 PM, Dales said:

Gutted for you saw the Wallopers flight was delayed !!

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

How was everyone’s first day?

Even though it was really busy in places, felt quieter? Or was that just me?

Longest queue for Toliets, food, drinks etc was less than 10 mins for us.

Agreed that it felt quieter today, making the Common much bigger has certainly helped.  The only downside to that is the walk feels much longer to the castle stage.

Yeah really good first day, I have to say the standout for me (surprisingly) was RAYE.  Amazing voice and you can tell she’s been through a lot.

Onto day 2

Site on Common area is definitely bigger as they have moved the stage back into what was the car park area. Also quieter and hardly any queues for anything. Hugely expensive though- £3 or £4 for a cup of tea. £5/6 for a plate of chips,  £12 for wrap or Mac nCheese, £15 for pizza. £11.50 for cocktail, £7 beer. 
saw Blossoms, Billy Nomates, Circa Waves, Friendly Fires and finished off with Pete Tong Orchestra Ibiza Classics- heavy downpour at end so was glad we only had to walk to Rees Hall to get dried off as soaked through. The wind was a bit cold being by the sea so definitely needs a hoody or coat for evening. Expect it might be just as quiet tomorrow with train strikes. Definitely wasn’t as busy as last year but it might just have been cos it was Friday? Nice not to be camping though- feels very civilised being able to have a hot shower!! 

17 hours ago, Simsy said:

Only found Coors & Madri so far. Tennis cafe is closed. Cafe by casemates stage that used to be good for cheap soft drinks is £3 now like the main bars. And Natty's jerk isn't here this year 😢

There are so many regular food vendors not there this year. No 7Bone, need street food, baffled or croxtons etc