Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

10 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Sunday TBC --- Wetleg?

hear me out, they are currently one of the hottest bands in the UK and they dont seem to be anywhere else this year really

They fit the vicky genre and demographic and they are a local band (isle of white)

just a thought

at iow and to small to headline off one album

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not to rain on the parade of new bands, and not even wading into the "industry plant" conversation that sprung up around them...

Saw Wet Leg on the Lytham bill with The Stokes last year, on what ultimately felt like a day of underachieving live prowess. Just couldn't get them at all.

Like, I like them. And I'll always be a fan of Isle of Wight bands getting some recognition. However, I can't seem to understand why nobody can hear that they aren't just a repackaged, slightly emo sounding CSS. There's nothing new or innovative about them. 

Lots of crossover acts with Victorious and Big Feastival which takes place on same weekend. 

Their headliners are Sigrid, Tom Grennan and Blossoms.

Joining them is Vaccines, Rick Astley, Example, Hot Chip DJ Set, Faithless DJ Set, Mel C, Freya Ridings, Katy B, Baby Queen, Alice Merton, New Hope Club, Cuban Brothers, Duke and more. 

Wondering whether we'll get Tom Grennan and or Rick Astley.

1 hour ago, s30foster said:

Lots of crossover acts with Victorious and Big Feastival which takes place on same weekend. 

Their headliners are Sigrid, Tom Grennan and Blossoms.

Joining them is Vaccines, Rick Astley, Example, Hot Chip DJ Set, Faithless DJ Set, Mel C, Freya Ridings, Katy B, Baby Queen, Alice Merton, New Hope Club, Cuban Brothers, Duke and more. 

I've been wondering if Tom Grennan would do festivals, as he was promoting his new album on Sunday Brunch recently. He has a tour soon, but nothing over summer so far.

Edited by kelstar

On 2/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, kelstar said:

Think they are doing a Park and ride service this year, judging by the website. Being a Portsmouth local, I can imagine it be the Park and ride in Tipner (Access is via the M275) or they will use Lakeside North Harbour, although that may not be available friday as its offices/business park, but it is a good 20-30mins bus ride via motorway from festival site.  But I might be wrong. 

It's normally Lakeside, I've used it on previous years. It's easier getting the bus in from there than driving into town when it's on, just a big queue coming home. 

9 hours ago, WhatADin said:

Like, I like them. And I'll always be a fan of Isle of Wight bands getting some recognition. However, I can't seem to understand why nobody can hear that they aren't just a repackaged, slightly emo sounding CSS. There's nothing new or innovative about them. 

This might sum it up best. All power to their success, but just not doing it for me.

8 hours ago, s30foster said:

Rick Astley has been dynamite fun every time I've seen him, so that would be a win.

2 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

On The Beach Brighton teasing for 30th July , day after royal blood.

Alot of people saying Noel, if this is the case then would it not be geogrpahically too close for pommy to also have him?

Can’t see it being him with that weird Ireland show being announced and then pulled randomly 

On 2/16/2023 at 2:00 PM, kelstar said:

I don’t think any of those listed in this article are likely.

I still think we’re missing some pre 90s established legend! Look at past line ups and have had the likes of Weller, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Specials, Madness, Nile Rodgers, New Order and the one and only Ray Davies!!

I mean Weller could quite easily come back again, no? It’s been a few years.  There are others knocking about this year like

* The Who

* Van Morrison 

* Duran Duran 

* Tom Jones

Or going back to the 90s I see Placebo are out on tour too.