Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

42 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wet Leg are at R&L so sadly they won’t.  Loved them at Glasto would have loved them to be.

DMA’s…. I just can’t see why they wouldn’t have been announced already. 

smashed bigtop iow  rammed. lucky enough to get there early and be near front

8 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Does Victorious do camping or not?

Yes but it's offsite. A free shuttle bus runs regularly but it does take about 40 mins to get to and from. Its a nightmare getting back after the last act so if you want to avoid this then try and leave a little earlier. We did notice that if we saw an act on Castle stage instead of the main stage then that finished a bit earlier than the main so it was better for getting back. Nice campsite though, good ground, clean and flat. 

4 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Yes but it's offsite. A free shuttle bus runs regularly but it does take about 40 mins to get to and from. Its a nightmare getting back after the last act so if you want to avoid this then try and leave a little earlier. We did notice that if we saw an act on Castle stage instead of the main stage then that finished a bit earlier than the main so it was better for getting back. Nice campsite though, good ground, clean and flat. 

Are you saying there's a chance of missing the shuttle if you watch the last act, or that it's just a pain in the arse?

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are you saying there's a chance of missing the shuttle if you watch the last act, or that it's just a pain in the arse?

you can see last act,but i walk past shuttle bus pick up to my hotel and it is chaos and huge queues .not something i would fancy after day in sun and many beers

So with the lack of an onsite car park this year, how easy do you think its going to be to park up somewhere? A case of rocking up on the day and hoping you get in the park and ride or can anywhere be pre booked? Can imagine it will be carnage trying to park thousands more cars in public car parks! Will be my 4th time at Victorious but I've always either parked onsite or got a hotel, but coming down with the kids this time so on my best behaviour!

6 minutes ago, EssexIndie said:

So with the lack of an onsite car park this year, how easy do you think its going to be to park up somewhere? A case of rocking up on the day and hoping you get in the park and ride or can anywhere be pre booked? Can imagine it will be carnage trying to park thousands more cars in public car parks! Will be my 4th time at Victorious but I've always either parked onsite or got a hotel, but coming down with the kids this time so on my best behaviour!

Here's Just Park availability for the dates of Victorious. No idea what other things will be like i.e. shopping centre car parks etc but yeah, it's pretty well sold already

image.thumb.png.b895e3076b8f131dd7bf08513e73eaf2.png

• Thanks 1

Think they are doing a Park and ride service this year, judging by the website. Being a Portsmouth local, I can imagine it be the Park and ride in Tipner (Access is via the M275) or they will use Lakeside North Harbour, although that may not be available friday as its offices/business park, but it is a good 20-30mins bus ride via motorway from festival site.  But I might be wrong. 

4 hours ago, retrokev said:

you can see last act,but i walk past shuttle bus pick up to my hotel and it is chaos and huge queues .not something i would fancy after day in sun and many beers

This exactly. Last year almost put us off going but we are a fickle group and we are still going this year. It's something I wish they would sort out, it's been going for long enough that I would have thought they would have sorted it by now. All they need is to have the pick up from both sides of the festival site so that not everyone has to try and get out on one side. 

Edited by Bubblepopelectric

I think the decision to remove the car park and not announce an alternative yet is going to backfire and it will be carnage in the local area in and around the site as people panic for places to park.  It's not as if the site is anywhere near a train station (30 mins walk min) and the taxi drivers hate the festival weekend and many local taxi drivers don't work that weekend to avoid it.  Whilst I support all the environmental drivers for removing the car park, there is currently no known alternative for 20k people to get on site that used to use the car park. 

I wonder if they were trying to have a campsite closer to the site hence the carpark going, the huge area behind common stage where it's bands area they could move that to where the car park was and use the grass area behind as camping. 

I think this was their plan and it was going to be glamping but sounds like they dropped the idea, at least for this year. 

Be interesting to see how the festival changes in the coming years. It's so big now they need to adapt some things.

9 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

I think the decision to remove the car park and not announce an alternative yet is going to backfire and it will be carnage in the local area in and around the site as people panic for places to park.  It's not as if the site is anywhere near a train station (30 mins walk min) and the taxi drivers hate the festival weekend and many local taxi drivers don't work that weekend to avoid it.  Whilst I support all the environmental drivers for removing the car park, there is currently no known alternative for 20k people to get on site that used to use the car park. 

Surely their day tickets sales will suffer as a consequence?

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I wonder if they were trying to have a campsite closer to the site hence the carpark going, the huge area behind common stage where it's bands area they could move that to where the car park was and use the grass area behind as camping. 

I think this was their plan and it was going to be glamping but sounds like they dropped the idea, at least for this year. 

Be interesting to see how the festival changes in the coming years. It's so big now they need to adapt some things.

But where do you put all the cars? People who camp tend to be the ones who travel by car to get there.

I cant see camping on Southsea Common, as I think they tried that before and they didnt get it. And to be honest, people are crying out for Victorious to get a bigger site. The only place they can expand is behind the common stage (aka onsite parking)

They also tried to put in a glamping site on a field called Alexandra Park in November, but locals raised objections, as it is surrounded by a housing estate.

11 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

According to the website a park and ride will be the alternative however no other news on it yet. The reasons behind the car park going are below... 

image.png.36cafdba01f1c068be1fcbf53c31515c.png

49 minutes ago, s30foster said:

According to the website a park and ride will be the alternative however no other news on it yet. The reasons behind the car park going are below... 

image.png.36cafdba01f1c068be1fcbf53c31515c.png

See I absolutely get this, and part of me wonders if it's because of the chaos/utter abuse they got on social media from the car parking. However, trying to get a bus after Victorious is impossible. We always end up trying to leg it to Fratton to get the last train, or heading into Efes and having a kebab while we wait for the taxis to calm down as well.

5 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

See I absolutely get this, and part of me wonders if it's because of the chaos/utter abuse they got on social media from the car parking. However, trying to get a bus after Victorious is impossible. We always end up trying to leg it to Fratton to get the last train, or heading into Efes and having a kebab while we wait for the taxis to calm down as well.

Yeah I get it as the car parks were so badly run and it being on a main road just made it a complete mess for hours.  Agree though, not sure where everyone is going to park now

40 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Stage Coach are now running buses on a friday and saturday till 1.30/2am...Number 23