Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

42 minutes ago, gfa said:

Boardmasters have him on an exclusive

they are both superstruct so i guess its possible but would be quite weird to hold him back for no reason really

anyone expecting LG is only kidding themself i think

Didn’t realise he was on a exclusive with boardmasters to be fair 

As others have said there is no reason to hold any of the other headliners back from the Superstruct events so can’t see Ashcroft or Weller turning up.  

Id imagine it was Noel and there’s some sort of contract dispute going on.  Although Liam probably isn’t going to do it the tweet does show they’ve not actually got anyone booked for it just yet.  

Great little lineup for me and more than enough to keep me interested:

Friday - Jamiraqoui, Blossoms, Jake Bugg, Circa Waves and Wunderhorse

Saturday - Kasabian, Alt J (although prob both clash), Kaiser Chiefs, Amyl and the Sniffers and The Coral

Sunday - Ben Howard, The Vaccines, Sea Girls, Hard Fi and The Enemy.

Decent really 

Edited by sisco

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

As others have said there is no reason to hold any of the other headliners back from the Superstruct events so can’t see Ashcroft or Weller turning up.  

Id imagine it was Noel and there’s some sort of contract dispute going on.  Although Liam probably isn’t going to do it the tweet does show they’ve not actually got anyone booked for it just yet.  

Saturday - Kasabian, Alt J (although prob both clash), Kaiser Chiefs, Amyl and the Sniffers and The Coral

Decent really 

Interesting to see who it would be to be fair. And line up for me is a real winner. 

friday - Jamiroquai, charlatans, blossoms, Pete tong ibiza classics (hoping that would be under Jamiroquai but doubt it) the view 

Saturday - Kasabian, the coral, Kate nash, insprial carpets, Annie Mac

sunday- hard fi, the enemy, vaccines, Johnny marr, the blinders and maybe Ben Howard depends who headlines 

The craziest thing from the whole Liam thing.

Isnt that it seems Victorious has no one booked as headliner.

It's not that a fan could possibly have booked Liam as headliner.

Its the absolutely, and I mean absolutely crazy thing that happened, that, victorious twitter actually sent a tweet that wasn't a promotional tweet for Victorious like a machine!

They actually sent a reply to someone. Yeah it was Liam, but still a reply. 

I hate that their social media is so shit.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

The craziest thing from the whole Liam thing.

Isnt that it seems Victorious has no one booked as headliner.

It's not that a fan could possibly have booked Liam as headliner.

Its the absolutely, and I mean absolutely crazy thing that happened, that, victorious twitter actually sent a tweet that wasn't a promotional tweet for Victorious like a machine!

They actually sent a reply to someone. Yeah it was Liam, but still a reply. 

I hate that their social media is so shit.

😂😂😂.  That’s so true, they do not reply to anyone do they 

well im actually over the moon with this, gutted bea's been taken off the lineup BUT, 

Friday: Friendly Fires, Charlatans, Katy B, DJ Fresh 

Saturday: Kasabian, Kaisers, Belle And Sebastian (hopefully not a clash), Kate Nash, Shame, JULIE!!???? (buzzed for them)

Sunday: Ben Howard, Ellie, Marr, Hard-Fi, 

fantastic really

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Decent really 

Good value for me so far, Saturday especially is incredible for me.

Friday - The charlatans, the view, jake bugg, blossoms 

Saturday - Kasabian, belle & Sebastian, divine comedy, Amyl & the sniffers, The Coral, Shame, Inspiral Carpets, Badly Drawn Boy, Natalie Imbruglia

Sunday - Johnny Marr, The Enemy, The Blinders

on the subject of blossoms, I chanced upon them supporting inspiral carpets in 2014 and I swear they were a completely different animal! Ended up seeing them play tiny venues like sneaky petes in Edinburgh and king tuts Glasgow, at this stage they were quite a dark band sounding similar Humbug era Arctic Monkeys.  All this before debut album came out, and all of a sudden a MASSIVE change in sound… tbf proved extremely successful for them, but personally such a shame as they were decent band 

11 minutes ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

well im actually over the moon with this, gutted bea's been taken off the lineup BUT, 

Friday: Friendly Fires, Charlatans, Katy B, DJ Fresh 

Saturday: Kasabian, Kaisers, Belle And Sebastian (hopefully not a clash), Kate Nash, Shame, JULIE!!???? (buzzed for them)

Sunday: Ben Howard, Ellie, Marr, Hard-Fi, 

fantastic really

dunno why I forgot Natalie when I had a huge smile on my face when I saw her name on there, adore her 1997 album

I’m trying to work out top acts. What we thinking?

Jamiraqoui, Friendly Fires, The Charlatans, Jake Bugg

Pete Tong, Circa Waves, Katy B, The View

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Belle & Sebastian, Kate Nash

Alt J, The Divine Comedy, Amyl & The Sniffers, The Coral

TBC, Ellie Goulding, Sigrid, Vaccines

Ben Howard, Sea Girls Johnny Maar

Edited by sisco

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

There's a piece on sky news and it confirms Pete Tong is Castle headliner on Friday night.

It also says Annie Mac is on Castle Stage Saturday night, I get the feeling the headliner for Castle hasn't been announced yet Saturday.

I’d be amazed if the Castle header isn’t Alt J sadly.  
Saw the Portsmouth article though that only mentioned Ben Howard being one.  Pete Tong 100% makes sense.

I’d say barring the header for Sunday the main stages are pretty much done barring 1 or 2 smaller acts each day 

12 minutes ago, sedra said:

Has anyone stayed before in the university Rees Hall single accommodation next to the site? There is no onsite car parking this year so looking to stay over instead and go by train rather than drive in each day. 

I've stayed there twice, and am staying again this year.

55 minutes ago, sedra said:

What are the rooms/facilities like? Do they have a lift? 

Yes, there's a lift. Rooms are clean and very basic, good enough for somewhere to sleep and shower. The double rooms sold out on the day they went on sale, but I believe there are still some single rooms left. Decent breakfast. Easy walk to the festival site.

• Thanks 1