Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Assuming he plays, I hope Ashcroft is on the Saturday or Sunday as I wont be there on Friday. That alone would pretty much justify my ticket for the day. Personal tastes of course but when I compare RA to JK there's no comparison. Kasabian don't excite me at all-seen them so many times and would much rather see someone that I either haven't seen at all or seen for a while. Two Door Cinema Club are very active this year - really wouldn't surprise me to see them headlining.   

Victorious - Jamiraqoui, ? , ?

Tramlines - Richard Ashcroft, Courteeners, Heaton & Abbott

Truck - TDCC, Alt J, Royal Blood

Y Not - Royal Blood, Kasabian, ?

Victorious shared Sam Fender with Tramlines +
truck last yeah and Stereophonics with Y Not.

I reckon Ashcroft and Heaton & Abbott could be there but neither will headline outright. 

Would be happy with either Alt J or TDCC at Victorious 

39 minutes ago, sisco said:

Victorious - Jamiraqoui, ? , ?

Y Not - Royal Blood, Kasabian, ?

I reckon Ashcroft and Heaton & Abbott could be there but neither will headline outright. 

Would be happy with either Alt J or TDCC at Victorious 

For their all struggling for headliners its crazy they all have completely different headliners so far!

Y Not is James btw (maybe not a headliner but i think so)

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, gfa said:

For their all struggling for headliners its crazy they all have completely different headliners so far!

Y Not is James btw (maybe not a headliner but i think so)

Yeah I agree with you on James.  

Victorious to me is looking like:

Jamiraqoui, Kasabian and then either TDCC, Alt J or Ashcroft (don’t think it’s him myself).

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Personally I’m not.  Victorious seem to have a stand-alone header and he felt like the obvious one 

Superstruct like to position Victorious as their crown jewel of the festivals they run, I'd say Boardmasters as well, but Victorious has much more strength in depth throughout. 

So makes sense they would keep some exclusives for Victorious.

This is shown in their road to Victorious competition where bands can play the smaller fests until the big one Victorious. 

Them block booking in the future makes a lot of sense, maybe even with Beni thrown in as well.

13 hours ago, atomised said:

I'm definitely surprised jamiroquai haven't been popping up at all of these 

Thought he was more on the expensive side? Also doesn't really suit truck etc, don't think the truck demographic would pick jamiroquai over any of the 3 they have now

13 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Superstruct like to position Victorious as their crown jewel of the festivals they run, I'd say Boardmasters as well, but Victorious has much more strength in depth throughout. 

So makes sense they would keep some exclusives for Victorious.

This is shown in their road to Victorious competition where bands can play the smaller fests until the big one Victorious. 

Them block booking in the future makes a lot of sense, maybe even with Beni thrown in as well.

Boardmasters books a far bigger lineup each year and is more diverse lineup wise

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thought he was more on the expensive side? Also doesn't really suit truck etc, don't think the truck demographic would pick jamiroquai over any of the 3 they have now

Boardmasters books a far bigger lineup each year and is more diverse lineup wise

Boardies is a different level of pricing too and does seem to get that next level of headliners.  Certainly aimed at a different demorgraphic too.

2 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Oh gosh, that far off?

I was going off last years being on 8th Feb and 2020s (moved to 2021) being 3rd Feb. 

Maybe next week is more likely then.  I just thought they might want to try and sell tickets to the others over the next couple of weeks.   Next week would be nice though 

• Like 1

Victorious - Jamiraqoui, ? , ?

Y Not - Royal Blood, Kasabian, Paul Weller

So….. what we thinking 

Assuming the other 2 headliners are shared, I’m putting my £1 on Kasabian and TDCC, but by choice Ashcroft would be top of my list by far. Just hope we find out a few more names soon!

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Victorious - Jamiraqoui, ? , ?

Y Not - Royal Blood, Kasabian, Paul Weller

So….. what we thinking