Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

43 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Only Bloc Party for me from that lineup, but mostly filled with a sense of dread at who we may share 🤣🤣🤣  they played  Victorious pretty recently I’m sure 🧐 

bit the bullet and bought early bird tickets for full weekend last night.  The line up always has something for my taste, so I’m keeping the faith ✌️ Genuinely my favourite festival, just a bugger being the other side of 🇬🇧 

bloc party played the silent alarm album in full backwards in 2019 and then took a year out. was a fantastic set.was on castle stage and could be a castle headliner again or special guest opening.

4 minutes ago, retrokev said:

bloc party played the silent alarm album in full backwards in 2019 and then took a year out. was a fantastic set.was on castle stage and could be a castle headliner again or special guest opening.

And the libs played the year before and we’re back this year so no reason for them not to be there.

PSB, Kasabian, Noel - 

Bloc Party , Years + Years, Heaton & Abbott

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Rule Elton John out then....

(It's a joke for those who have no funny bone)

LOL, no... I mean... it could be his LAST last show... but unlikely. 

Equally, I don't think we'll get an announcement today. The festival news cycle is a touch... busy.

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Early bird ticket price finishes tonight.  In my mind this price is for the hardy loyal souls who don’t need a line up to buy a ticket 😁

So I reckon more likely to get something next Friday to drive Xmas ticket sales, would be mad not to announce something pre Xmas 

Early bird ticket price doesn't end tonight, just entry into the competition. 

You know, I don't mind him. But I was expecting more. 

Can't say I've listened to too much of his stuff outside his singles if I'm honest, he hasn't had a hit in forever either so I guess he's the big old school act for next year and I also assume he would only headline Common Stage and probably charges headliner money too. 

We all knew sooner or later he would end up at Victorious, for me if he was a sub I'd be well chuffed but headliner, I can't help but feel underwhelmed. A hour set blasting the hits before someone else great. 

But headline I don't think I'd want to watch near 2 hours of him. 

Imagine if he's just a early special guest now 😂

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just had a look on socials and majority of people seem well happy with the booking

Yeah it’s a good booking as he’s been away for quite a long time.  5 or 6 massive hits and will probably get 90 mins (sure he’ll have some new stuff too).  Guessing he’s the Friday older act… I guess.  

Happy myself as never seen him.

19 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah it’s a good booking as he’s been away for quite a long time.  5 or 6 massive hits and will probably get 90 mins (sure he’ll have some new stuff too).  Guessing he’s the Friday older act… I guess.  

saw him a lot and not really my thing but Friday night would suit 

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Mrs ain't happy, she was already on the fence about next year and she's just said she don't fancy it unless they pull something out the bag, we hotel see and it's a lot when u think about it these days and she is saying would rather put money to going abroad.

We will see what gets announced next week.

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Mrs ain't happy, she was already on the fence about next year and she's just said she don't fancy it unless they pull something out the bag, we hotel see and it's a lot when u think about it these days and she is saying would rather put money to going abroad.

We will see what gets announced next week.

Yeah would like a few good ones for the Mrs too. It is expensive once you add the hotel on too but for us it’s a really good few day family break.  

Fingers crossed they announce 10 or so next week and we all get something we like