Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Just saw chemical brothers have announced some shows next year.  My guess would be no prodigy for victorious 23 but chemical brothers are a stick on! Imagine getting Noel and chemical brothers subbing… potential for a Setting Son collaboration there 😁 and yes, I know I’m being a tad optimist again but… 🤣

7 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Just saw chemical brothers have announced some shows next year.  My guess would be no prodigy for victorious 23 but chemical brothers are a stick on! Imagine getting Noel and chemical brothers subbing… potential for a Setting Son collaboration there 😁 and yes, I know I’m being a tad optimist again but… 🤣

They’re playing IOW so they’re out 

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Chems aren't subbing either

6 hours ago, sisco said:

They’re playing IOW so they’re out 

I 100% take that back.  Was clearly too excitable after my morning coffee and completely forgot they’re playing IOW 🙈🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I 100% take that back.  Was clearly too excitable after my morning coffee and completely forgot they’re playing IOW 🙈🤣🤣

You're getting Fatboy Slim.

17 hours ago, retrokev said:

okay, so most think noel  kasabian  fatboy  for dance act for main? What about castle people? oh and good luck to those going for Blur tickets from 2mrw.

thats was painless.got on 6 mins to and in queue 546. sorted within 5 mins. blur here we come

Just seeing J talking in the Tramlines thread saying fests struggling to tie acts down for next year and announcements will be pushed back.

I had a look at Victorious announcements from last year.

1st announcement Friday Dec 10th 

I'd imagine they will announce Friday Dec 9th (my birthday btw, so hope it is!)

2nd announcement was really early Tuesday 8th February! I'd forgotten they did it so early. I imagine with higher prices they will try and go early again next year and stick to this time but also I think last year had a lot to do with having Sam Fender and they announced the same day as the Brit Awards.

A quick Google tells me next year's Brit Award is a Saturday night for the first time ever. 11th February. So this might not play so much into Victorious' announcement especially if they don't have any winners or big performers there booked.

If you remember V festival always used to announce straight after Brit Awards because they would push artists from there as playing. 

We all know the lads who started Victorious modelled it after the first 10 years of V before it went to shit. With Superstruct they have the booking power to attract bigger names. Maybe we will get Capaldi after all, his UK tour ends Feb 2nd btw....

12 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just seeing J talking in the Tramlines thread saying fests struggling to tie acts down for next year and announcements will be pushed back.

I had a look at Victorious announcements from last year.

1st announcement Friday Dec 10th 

I'd imagine they will announce Friday Dec 9th (my birthday btw, so hope it is!)

2nd announcement was really early Tuesday 8th February! I'd forgotten they did it so early. I imagine with higher prices they will try and go early again next year and stick to this time but also I think last year had a lot to do with having Sam Fender and they announced the same day as the Brit Awards.

A quick Google tells me next year's Brit Award is a Saturday night for the first time ever. 11th February. So this might not play so much into Victorious' announcement especially if they don't have any winners or big performers there booked.

If you remember V festival always used to announce straight after Brit Awards because they would push artists from there as playing. 

We all know the lads who started Victorious modelled it after the first 10 years of V before it went to shit. With Superstruct they have the booking power to attract bigger names. Maybe we will get Capaldi after all, his UK tour ends Feb 2nd btw....

Yeah I think victorious will announce some before Christmas like always.  They tend to raise their prices after Christmas so they’ll want to do something.  The fact they normally only announce 1 headliner and a few acts will certainly help.  

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah I think victorious will announce some before Christmas like always.  They tend to raise their prices after Christmas so they’ll want to do something.  The fact they normally only announce 1 headliner and a few acts will certainly help.  

I've convinced myself Capaldi is headlining now, won't be announced until next year though.

I think Fatboy will headline Castle, also won't be announced until next year.

Leaving 2 Common and 2 Castle Stage headliners. I still think one of these 4 will be Kasabian. 

Leaving 3 left. I don't think Kasabian are big enough to be the lead act for pre Xmas announcement to sell tickets as Xmas presents so I wonder who it could be. 

One act I don't think we've seen mentioned who have headlined Reading and IOW, sold out their UK tour which ends Dec 13th, might be a possibility is The Cure.

Won't be doing another tour next year I'd imagine, no other fests big enough, might be up for the payday and fits Victorious demographic.

Just now, luckysalt said:

I've convinced myself Capaldi is headlining now, won't be announced until next year though.

I think Fatboy will headline Castle, also won't be announced until next year.

Leaving 2 Common and 2 Castle Stage headliners. I still think one of these 4 will be Kasabian. 

Leaving 3 left. I don't think Kasabian are big enough to be the lead act for pre Xmas announcement to sell tickets as Xmas presents so I wonder who it could be. 

One act I don't think we've seen mentioned who have headlined Reading and IOW, sold out their UK tour which ends Dec 13th, might be a possibility is The Cure.

Won't be doing another tour next year I'd imagine, no other fests big enough, might be up for the payday and fits Victorious demographic.

Noel Gallagher might be the one to lead it all.  The fact he’s doing South Facing too makes me think it’ll be him.  

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Noel Gallagher might be the one to lead it all.  The fact he’s doing South Facing too makes me think it’ll be him.  

If it is Noel, I can actually see Kasabian subbing him and then both announced together like Stereophonics and James were in December announcement for this past years. 

Depends how all out they're going with the 10 years event and the fact they're going full festival.

11 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Now you got me dreaming, can't think of anyone i would want to play more then Bob & Co.

• Upvote 1

Prediction Time:

Friday: Noel supported by Kasabian

Sat: Foals supported by Jamie T

Sun: Capaldi supported by Wolf Alice

I know Foals are rumoured to be at R&L but Bastille did both last year. Foals were played so much I think they’ll be there.

Would love The Cure but just can’t see this Festival paying enough. 

12 minutes ago, John L said:

Prediction Time:

I know Foals are rumoured to be at R&L but Bastille did both last year. Foals were played so much I think they’ll be there.

Sadly I’d say you’ve listed 5 possibly 6 headliners there.  Far far too strong.  My current thinking is:

Fatboy Slim

Kasabian

Noel Gallagher 

13 minutes ago, John L said:

Prediction Time:

That looks solid and I agree. Uncle Bob is lovely but spenny. Although cheap bus fare home 

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Strokes, Arcade Fire and Florence announced for Cala Mijas the weekend after in Spain.

Metronomy and Foals supporting - good shouts i think (if foals not at reading)

Strokes and Arcade Fire would be a dream despite the allegations against AF singer, I don't know what's happened with that. 

Florence can get to fuck, not a fan. But I would understand the booking.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Strokes, Arcade Fire and Florence announced for Cala Mijas the weekend after in Spain.

Metronomy and Foals supporting - good shouts i think (if foals not at reading)

wow thats not bad.would love to see both arcade fire and the strokes again. both are great to me but i know a lot that dislike.

29 minutes ago, retrokev said:

wow thats not bad.would love to see both arcade fire and the strokes again. both are great to me but i know a lot that dislike.

I could see Victorious booking The Strokes, because they do fit the demographic, are nowhere near as big as they used to be, probably within their budget.

Arcade Fire I don't feel are as mainstream well known, especially to a lot of the punters that turn up at Victorious. Plus they have the negative allegations against them which certain people who do know them would talk about on socials and then people on socials who had a listen to Neon Bible and go this isn't fucking Anne Marie and all that shite from last year would then kick up a fuss about. Plus I also think they would be a more expensive booking, so I just think Arcade Fire are a complete non starter from Victorious' point of view. 

I'd much rather Victorious pulled The Strokes out of the bag instead of bringing Noel Gallagher back. They would possibly be cheaper as well, cus if they're over in Europe they try to get as many bookings as possible to make the trip over more financially worthwhile, meanwhile Noel is already here saying gimme £1m. 

It's probably between Victorious and APE who gets The Strokes, they may want to play to a more commercial crowd though in a view to gaining new fans, more people to buy tracks and tour tickets, you would imagine APE is going to be a crowd already into the Strokes and I guess that will be a conversation between the band and their tour manager.

That being said. As I've repeatedly said here before, Victorious just don't book headliners from outside the UK, there's been one, Flaming Lips and that was back in 2015. But sooner or later that policy will have to change as the fest is getting bigger and will run into the trouble V had with repeat bookings. 

18 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I could see Victorious booking The Strokes, because they do fit the demographic, are nowhere near as big as they used to be, probably within their budget.

Arcade Fire I don't feel are as mainstream well known, especially to a lot of the punters that turn up at Victorious. Plus they have the negative allegations against them which certain people who do know them would talk about on socials and then people on socials who had a listen to Neon Bible and go this isn't fucking Anne Marie and all that shite from last year would then kick up a fuss about. Plus I also think they would be a more expensive booking, so I just think Arcade Fire are a complete non starter from Victorious' point of view. 

I'd much rather Victorious pulled The Strokes out of the bag instead of bringing Noel Gallagher back. They would possibly be cheaper as well, cus if they're over in Europe they try to get as many bookings as possible to make the trip over more financially worthwhile, meanwhile Noel is already here saying gimme £1m. 

It's probably between Victorious and APE who gets The Strokes, they may want to play to a more commercial crowd though in a view to gaining new fans, more people to buy tracks and tour tickets, you would imagine APE is going to be a crowd already into the Strokes and I guess that will be a conversation between the band and their tour manager.

That being said. As I've repeatedly said here before, Victorious just don't book headliners from outside the UK, there's been one, Flaming Lips and that was back in 2015. But sooner or later that policy will have to change as the fest is getting bigger and will run into the trouble V had with repeat bookings. 

Theres no way Noel Gallagher is charging more than the Strokes. Noel Gallagher is already over in Europe so don't think this argument really stacks up too well - if they went by that logic they'd have done more than just Lytham festival this summer