2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

3 hours ago, readingnotleeds said:

This year will be my first year since 2016, what's changed since then (other than the ticket prices and an extra day of music?) 

The general layout change is far different. Camping is now all in one area with them removing the camp rueban area and expanding the camp turner section. Forest Stage has completely changed allowing them to put on full bands there, some people like this others don't as it's not really a place to chill out like before. Capacity has improved and some people think the crowd has changed with it. I haven't noticed a general shift in attitudes in the crowd myself (been going since 2015) but I feel like this was a common complaint last year. Also I believe the car park is further back compared to previous years? Festival has gone cashless, like most other festivals, with payments all done on chips on the wristbands but the system functions well so no complaints from most. Some people have complained about it but they clearly weren't there when thefts were super rampant as those have died down significantly now. Festival generally feels bigger on Thursday and more in line with the other 2 days (all stages and nightlife) and with the Weds being like the Thursday of old. Still a silent disco the Weds but only one stage and finishes early. There is less night time stuff on that day, like there is only one silent disco stage and it finishes early and I don't think there's any acoustic sets that day either? It's still a really good festival and my favourite in the country.

EDIT: Just remembered that silent cinema is now longer there. Can't remember any other changes apart from those.

Edited by justanothername
  • Thanks 1

also had a great time last year though it was in spite of the festivals best efforts  it certainly didn't feel like the trees we loved. will be interesting to see how it goes this year as they used the "first one back since COVID" line an awful lot to excuse things that weren't quite as advertised or offered 

14 hours ago, justanothername said:

Aaron West clash with the end of Ithaca, Narrow Head and the start of Graphic Nature is brutal for me as they're all 4 of my must sees that day. Oh well, going to be Aaron West then run for the end of Graphic Nature I guess.

I've got the same issue, Ithaca overlap w AW, and then AW overlap with GN 

I'm quite happy to watch Ithaca til they're finished and then dart to AW, and same for GN though

1 hour ago, itskinglizard said:

I'm quite happy to watch Ithaca til they're finished and then dart to AW, and same for GN though

I reckon AW is gonna be very popular and you'll struggle to get a good view if you're not there at the end of the set before

1 hour ago, itskinglizard said:

Honestly doubt you'll get a spot with decent sound or view if you dont get there early for AW. It'll be absolutely rammed. Apart from Ithaca I've got no one else I want to see on early so me and my mates might just bunker down at the Forest early and chill for there. Wouldn't miss AW for the world, met my best friend at the 2000trees during the AW set in 2017 so gonna have a good time there!

I would have liked to have seen Aaron West in the Forest but it's Narrow Head for me at that time.

The only other decision for me on Thursday is between Skindred and ASIWYFA, but I'll see which way the wind takes me on the day.

• 2 weeks later...