Isle of Wight 2023

galbani

16 hours ago, gfa said:

Think interpol are maybe a bit niche to do the thursday, they certainly aren't the kind of act that would shift heaps of thursday tickets vs someone more radio friendly thats still a band like Kaisers for instance

100%, especially if you look at the bands who have done the Thursday in recent years. The Wombats, Happy Mondays, Scouting For Girls, Wet Wet Wet, Razorlight.

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Looks like they’re gearing up for an announcement.  Social media and John Giddings tweeting things 

Seems this week is Blink 182, feel like they are unlikely for IOW though

14 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

They have multiple dates in California that weekend. Even if Travis has started flying again I doubt that they'd pop over for an IOW sized pay check

Also add the fact that Blink-182 probably aren’t and never will be on IOW’s radar. Don’t think It’s a very them booking, personally.

• Upvote 2

Anyone well known and of a size announcing a tour next year, suddenly become a isle of wight headliner. lets think about and check tour dates  home and away,days resting and whether they are iow suited before jumping to wrong and funny conclusions .very funny some of the headliners put on here.  the likely hood of pink , arctics ,blink headling are as likely as john lennon ,the smiths and iron maiden headlining.🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, retrokev said:

Anyone well known and of a size announcing a tour next year, suddenly become a isle of wight headliner. lets think about and check tour dates  home and away,days resting and whether they are iow suited before jumping to wrong and funny conclusions .very funny some of the headliners put on here.  the likely hood of pink , arctics ,blink headling are as likely as john lennon ,the smiths and iron maiden headlining.🤣

AM fit the festival to a T but it wouldn't work with their tour. Muse did it this year and did a similar stadium tour recently.

P!nk is the kind of oddball booking IOW have done in the past too - although you'd like to think they have better ways to spend their ££

1 minute ago, gfa said:

AM fit the festival to a T but it wouldn't work with their tour. Muse did it this year and did a similar stadium tour recently.

P!nk is the kind of oddball booking IOW have done in the past too - although you'd like to think they have better ways to spend their ££

AM have never done fest in all time its been going and cant see any time soon. pink i know has played befre ,but what i was getting at is people see a tour announced and suddenly they going to headline iow ,without looking at tour dates home and abroad and days needed for rest between shows.

1 minute ago, retrokev said:

AM have never done fest in all time its been going and cant see any time soon. pink i know has played befre ,but what i was getting at is people see a tour announced and suddenly they going to headline iow ,without looking at tour dates home and abroad and days needed for rest between shows.

Neither are likely this year because of tour dates, but at the same time both are pretty decent shots for 2024. That was more my point, they are the right size / type act vs actually playing 🙂 

Edited by gfa

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

When was the last time IOW had a massive headliner like AM? Don’t say muse as they’re defo on the way down now.  Personally thought IOW had moved to mid level headers now 

The Killers in 2018, probably. Though I disagree with you on Muse. They’re still a huge stadium band and will continue to be a huge stadium band worldwide. The fact IOW got them considering the size of their recent headliners was pretty surprising to me.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

The Killers in 2018, probably. Though I disagree with you on Muse. They’re still a huge stadium band and will continue to be a huge stadium band worldwide. The fact IOW got them considering the size of their recent headliners was pretty surprising to me.

I just think it’s unrealistic to think the big stadium acts like AM, Taylor Swift, Adele etc… those top top ticket sellers will do it anymore. 

The 1975 are doing it this year and tbf… arena sized is where I see the festival 

3 hours ago, sisco said:

When was the last time IOW had a massive headliner like AM? Don’t say muse as they’re defo on the way down now.  Personally thought IOW had moved to mid level headers now 

Muse, AM and Killers are all shifting the same tour. If the money is right AM will play, just look at some of the random festivals they have played in Europe this summer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Muse, AM and Killers are all shifting the same tour. If the money is right AM will play, just look at some of the random festivals they have played in Europe this summer.

They’ve never played IOW festival, and they generally only play the 2 biggest ones in the U.K. (Glasto + R&L).  IOW used to pay massive money and still they never played. 

Tbf, I’d love it if they did but like I say can’t see the massive acts like AM, Adele, Taylor Swift ever doing it 

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

They’ve never played IOW festival, and they generally only play the 2 biggest ones in the U.K. (Glasto + R&L).  IOW used to pay massive money and still they never played. 

Tbf, I’d love it if they did but like I say can’t see the massive acts like AM, Adele, Taylor Swift ever doing it 

totally agree with what you have said.the only chance of getting AM playing is years to come in legend headliner spot

19 minutes ago, galbani said:

Glastonbury hikes ticket prices by nearly 20% to £340 as organiser Emily Eavis blames 'enormous running costs' and impact of Covid

Are we likely to see a busier than usual IoW 2023?

Glastonbury will sell out immediately as always so I’d not imagine it’ll have a huge bearing on IOW. 

Personally it is one of my back ups if I don’t get a Glasto ticket.  Being honest though surely IOW with the ferry crossing wouldn’t make it much cheaper 

Yeah the ferry makes IOW a pain. If people are feeling rough on money - IOW is barely cheaper than glasto so may as well break the bank a bit and just go to glasto. Its the y not / truck / victorious level festivals which are going to benefit i think (but they will be hit in their own way as independents anyway)

On 10/18/2022 at 8:19 PM, gfa said:

Yeah the ferry makes IOW a pain. If people are feeling rough on money - IOW is barely cheaper than glasto so may as well break the bank a bit and just go to glasto. Its the y not / truck / victorious level festivals which are going to benefit i think (but they will be hit in their own way as independents anyway)

I guess that's what put me off going for Muse day this year - quite late in the day I actually came around to the idea of going having previously been not quite so interested, only to be put off by the ferry prices.