Isle of Wight 2023

galbani

16 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Heard there was still a healthy slate of tickets left for The Strokes in Lytham. (In part because Lytham is quite, y'know, out of the way.)

Also, has anyone seen The Strokes' setlists this year? There might be a few disappointed punters going down for Last Nite.

In 2019 it was the perfect mix at APE. New album is class anyway so not too bothered - just wish there was a Southern show 😞. Wouldn't be surprised if the night before the tickets get on the seatfiller sites

38 minutes ago, gfa said:

In 2019 it was the perfect mix at APE. New album is class anyway so not too bothered - just wish there was a Southern show 😞. Wouldn't be surprised if the night before the tickets get on the seatfiller sites

One to keep an eye on. Will be making the trip over as part of a three-show, four day run up and down the country from the NorthernSoul52 base of rural West Yorkshire.

I'd be surprised but elated with QotSA and/or Blur but I don't see either happening, as they would probably choose something higher profile/more lucrative for their return(s).

If the Chems are there then I will be too, even if just for a day.

Foals would be awesome too, and I could see Fender coming back to headline but might be a bit too soon for Ezra?

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd be surprised but elated with QotSA and/or Blur but I don't see either happening, as they would probably choose something higher profile/more lucrative for their return(s).

Foals would be awesome too, and I could see Fender coming back to headline but might be a bit too soon for Ezra?

It didn't stop them with David Guetta (2017 & 2021), Kasabian (2018 & 2022) and Liam Gallagher (2018 & 2021)!

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Ezra could step up to a full headliner maybe instead of having a closer set after him perhaps.

George Ezra / older act + chems closing set / rock band type setup

They played Killers and Robbie Williams as the fireworks were going off at the end of Muse. At the time I thought they could be foreshadowing two of next years big acts.

Is Robbie the right size to co headline? Genuinely no idea if he would be too proud or expensive to be on before a dance headliner like Chems or if his stock has fallen so far that it'd be seen as scraping the barrel. 

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

They played Killers and Robbie Williams as the fireworks were going off at the end of Muse. At the time I thought they could be foreshadowing two of next years big acts.

Is Robbie the right size to co headline? Genuinely no idea if he would be too proud or expensive to be on before a dance headliner like Chems or if his stock has fallen so far that it'd be seen as scraping the barrel. 

Robbie would do it without a dance act closing. I think his name is big enough surely to do it solo?

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

For myself and being realistic as i can

FRI      FLO/ Prodigy,

SAT    Foals support Royal blood headliner      

SUND  2 door support Killers headliner

would love arctics or radiohead but never happens.      

Foals and Royal Blood would be co-headliners imo

I could see Gerry doing IOW

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Robbie would do it without a dance act closing. I think his name is big enough surely to do it solo?

Yep, for sure.

Even though not at (nowhere near) the level he was in the 00s, he'd still be a bigger draw than the majority of IOW headliners of the past ~5 years and I suspect would fit the target audience well.

2 hours ago, retrokev said:

For myself and being realistic as i can

FRI      FLO/ Prodigy,

SAT    Foals support Royal blood headliner      

SUND  2 door support Killers headliner

would love arctics or radiohead but never happens.      

Your suggestions are far more suited to me than what ever the line up probably is - but I think it is unlikely that AM would do IOW on the come back, I think they are tipped for Glasto but not impossible for them to do both. I don't think Radiohead are showing any signs of activity at the moment - it could be more likely that The Smile would be there but even then it would seem like a bit of an odd booking. You'd see me front and centre of either though.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Foals and Royal Blood would be co-headliners imo

I could see Gerry doing IOW

You're probably right about Robbie, he certainly has enough hits to do a full headline slot.

In my head Royal Blood are no bigger than Foals but both would be great.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Robbie Williams and The Killers would pull plenty of punters in. Both stuffed with hits to the gills.

Would imagine they'd look for someone a little more...recent-ish perhaps with those two.

Not sure IOW could get them both in the same year. Is robbie actually around as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 12:06 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Chemical Brothers could well do both. They'll be a lock for Glastonbury

a bit less of a lock than they used to be, i was told that nick has given up his non-glasto music roles(so no longer handling the chems).

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

With Pulp reforming next year could we see them back at IOW? I remember enjoying them very much before Foos in 2011

Good bet for where they will go imo, although if they do APE/BST that may rule them out i think due to proximity.

• 2 weeks later...