Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

The Mars Volta and The War On Drugs being Madrid exclusive and BCN getting Gost is also quite weird

The Mars Volta being Madrid exclusive has really gutted me. Probably my favourite artist on the lineup and I wont even get to see them. Hopefully something changes.

From what I rebember of the bigger acts Im looking forward to is Blur, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Four Tet, Fred Again, Pusha T, Anderson Paak, War on Drugs,

My girlfriend got extremely hyped for Kendrick, Christina and the Queens, Rosalia.

Haha. Tokischa, Skrillex, Måneskin and Calvin Harris are no go.

Dont remember most of the acts, need a poster.

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

The Mars Volta and The War On Drugs being Madrid exclusive and BCN getting Ghost is also quite weird

War on Drugs will play BCN: "The Parc del Fòrum will be the place to enjoy the grand guignol metal of Ghost, the simmering quejío of Israel Fernández and Diego del Morao, the refined saudade of Arthur Verocai and the rock in scope of The War On Drugs"

Just now, lighthouse said:

Insane lineup.

Blur, Kendrick Lamar and Depeche Mode alone are huge headliners for this festival. 

NxWorries is the new project of Anderson Paak, by the way. 

Not really new, they released some stuff bu have another project coming up

Really liked this album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0gpxUkqSnLwD50aaRir6jH?si=L_CgK9uwRYaMFpgDeplB5g

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I mean it's all nice to have an undercard that sells "us" the festival instead of the headliners, but it's still odd for a festival to be THIS all-encompassing, mainstream and non mainstream wise

The thing is though I don't even think the undercard is that good compared to this year. There are some good bookings like Swans and Death Grips but I can see them at their own gig for a better experience in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

A couple of ‘mainstream’ names and people are complaining? There’s still a ton of Primavera style acts on that lineup 

Those shit mainstream names are taking up the place of what could have been better alternative acts.

Its also a sign of the way the festival is going which is why people are complaining. There are plenty of other euro festivals to watch this dross

• Upvote 2

Just now, chilirocker said:

I don't think it is. Kendrick was €110 alone for his tour, Rosalia is selling out all over Europe, Depeche Mode is a festival exclusive, the Blur Wembley show is over €100. Yeah Calvin Harris and Skrillex are odd bookings, but it's still a solidly Primavera line up outside of a few acts who they are obviously under pressure to book to increase ticket sales and profits. 

If you wanna see all of them, fair. Personally I don't care about the headliners so 350€ for acts you'd see at a 150€ fest is quite demanding

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Also thinking the amount of dickheads Calvin Harris and Skrillex are gonna bring to the festival. Probably talking through acts etc, which there was loads of at the festival this year 

I expect LOADS of Depeche Mode fans too. That is one of the biggest names they have ever booked. 

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

The thing is though I don't even think the undercard is that good compared to this year. There are some good bookings like Swans and Death Grips but I can see them at their own gig for a better experience in the UK.

yeah totally agree. there's a small handful of acts which feel like an afterthought to pacify the regulars

1 minute ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Those shit mainstream names are taking up the place of what could have been better alternative acts.

Its also a sign of the way the festival is going which is why people are complaining. There are plenty of other euro festivals to watch this dross

Also they are driving up prices significantly. 325€ to see Soul Glo and Julia Jacklin is just unreasonable. It kills the "other" PS experience, off the main stages, discovering brazilian hardcore punk at 6am or stumbling over the next lizzo at the beach