Kate Bush

kevbizarre

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

She gets it all out by pretending to be a wood pigeon, or dog, or a ghost, or pair of lovers who have been reincarnated many times through history and keep running into each other.

Or my favourite, which kind of embodies the dichotomy at the root of her work, a women that uses a washing machine to clean shirts, but sung in a more dramatic fashion than any of the wild fantasies above.

Yep of all artists I think she probably has for me one of the careers I would most like to have. Absolute artistic integrity and yet has maintained her privacy etc very well. 

2 hours ago, Olshansky said:

exactly this 

I treasure having had the opportunity to see one of those 2014 shows.  Might have been the best show I've ever seen. 

I would bet my savings that she's done playing live for good.  

Totally. It was a magical show, something completely different to a normal gig because of the unreal stage production that went in to it.

Interesting to see she's getting extra fans due to Stranger Things. I just presumed everyone already knew who she was!

Yes, Before the Dawn much more like musical theatre than a standard gig and would be lost in a huge setting like Glastonbury. Kate’s notes in the programme also illustrate how precious she was about not just the show itself, but on finding the right venue. Many were looked at, including larger ones, before settling on the Apollo. I don’t think she’s likely to start playing festivals anytime soon.

Wish she would release the show as a movie/blu-ray though. It was filmed but she’s been reluctant to release it.

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It will never happen. Those shows 8 years ago were very special but Kate is never going to rock up and say hello Glastonbury. 

It would be crazy weird if she did. I imagine if she ever went to Glastonbury she’d mostly be in the tiny tea tent being very, very normal. That’s the thing about Kate she seems incredibly enigmatic but also very normal and down to earth. 

Agree going to one of the Hammersmith apollo concerts was one of the best things I've ever seen . Been a massive fan since 70s and couldn't believe she did them gigs after 35 years of not playing live.

But be amazed if she ever did anything live again and it certainly wouldn't be a greatest hits type concert.

The last one was basically a lot of hounds of love and aerial and very few singles.

Before the Dawn was perfect and I feel it is one of the great privileges of my life that I got to see it.

But yeah, considering just how particular Kate Bush has always been about being in complete control of her output, I don't forsee her ever getting onboard with festival performances - if she ever chooses to perform again at all.

On 6/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I really enjoyed the opening set too - and the encore too with Cloudbusting was a taps aff moment. 

I felt quite mixed about it. I might have caught her on a bad night, but it felt a bit like just running through the hits. Although, my memory is foggy as it was so long ago. The theatrical bit was life affirming though. So glad I saw it. 

3 minutes ago, bernardlillywhite said:

why would miss eavis not invite her ........ no1 all around the world perhaps her father then could sway it  mr hero...............................................................................................................................................................................