Sticklinch / Worthy View Emails

Alvoram

Wonder if we're going to be as late as the coach emails were...

Glastonbury site says this

Having booked accommodation via See Tickets, you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your reservation within 24 hours, and will receive a follow-up message from the Festival in May 2022 with further details of your accommodation and access information.

It's now June... 🙈😂

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

(Also, as a complete 'aside' I see now why we get so many similar topics on this site, the search function is horrendous, when searching a topic that brings up multiple pages of results, each page, when you try to click through, counts as a new search, and requires you to 'wait before searching the site again' I've never seen that on any other forums before when just for clicking through different pages of a search result! Why does it count each page of results as a new search?)

Edited by Alvoram

2 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Indeed, I am nervously awaiting mine. Still clearly a bit of a backlog this year, but they'll get there eventually.

I'm not worried, they'll come when they come, makes no difference to us at all, not like the coach folk who needed to know for booking transport / accommodation etc... But I just thought it was funny. Also, it's one more thing to look forward to, and talk about, in the build up. 😁

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

I have a Worthy View tent and car parking booked for this year. It's the first time i've stayed up there, will I be sent a ticket and car parking ticket or will they just have my name on a list that they tick off when we arrive?

You’ll get an email for the tent and a sticker in the post for your car

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I'm not worried, they'll come when they come, makes no difference to us at all, not like the coach folk who needed to know for booking transport / accommodation etc... But I just thought it was funny. Also, it's one more thing to look forward to, and talk about, in the build up. 😁

Very true and the info is fairly sparse anyway. A map of the camp would be interesting, tents are pre allocated anyway

1 minute ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Very true and the info is fairly sparse anyway. A map of the camp would be interesting, tents are pre allocated anyway

A map would be incredible, especially if it gives us an idea of where our tent is. Could print a paper copy marking the tent then incase batteries in phone die etc (Yes, I am going to need to drop a pin on my tent to find it after a long day!!! 🙈😂)

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

A map would be incredible, especially if it gives us an idea of where our tent is. Could print a paper copy marking the tent then incase batteries in phone die etc (Yes, I am going to need to drop a pin on my tent to find it after a long day!!! 🙈😂)

I wouldn’t expect it to be that detailed, more which type of tent is in which area. Highly recommend what3words! (App) to locate your tent 

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Added last line

22 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

(Also, as a complete 'aside' I see now why we get so many similar topics on this site, the search function is horrendous, when searching a topic that brings up multiple pages of results, each page, when you try to click through, counts as a new search, and requires you to 'wait before searching the site again' I've never seen that on any other forums before when just for clicking through different pages of a search result! Why does it count each page of results as a new search?)

I don't have that problem at all and I do a lot of searches. Once you know that it won't match stuff that's too short (I think 3 chars or less), that you get better results if it's a phrase/specifies to match all words /only search vwithin title option or whatever then it works fine and I never find I'm going through pages of results. 

Just think of the repeat warning like Scott in star trek, annoyingly telling you it can't take it...then count to ten and go again. 

Just now, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I wouldn’t expect it to be that detailed, more which type of tent is in which area. Highly recommend what3words! (App) to locate your tent 

I think that's the plan, we'll be using that to find each other when we wander off. GPS signal should be very accurate outdoors.

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I think that's the plan, we'll be using that to find each other when we wander off. GPS signal should be very accurate outdoors.

Just looked for my confirmation from 2019 and it came on 12th June so don’t hold your breath! The tent number didn’t come until 24th June 

33 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Wonder if we're going to be as late as the coach emails were...

Glastonbury site says this

It's now June... 🙈😂

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

Got our email last time on June 10th, the print at home WV ticket with bar codes. The carpark sticker came by normal untracked mail but a see ticket dispatch e mail was also sent .   Reckon info should arrive early next week hopefully at the latest 

18 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I’m concerned about trying to use what3words when I can’t focus on my phone!

I’m tempted to bring some solar lights to put outside the tent so I can spot it

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

We seriously considered hiding an AirTag in the tent and car for this reason, so we can get a massive green arrow pointing us to it... 🙈😂

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

My solar lights are on their way from ebay. Also got some bunting. 

Anyone know what the max distance from the Worthy View car park to your tent is likely to be?

I don't have an issue with walking with my stuff, it's just if it's far i'll make sure I put stuff in bags (like rucksacks) that make it easier and more comfortable to carry for me and my wife. If it's not that far i'll use holdalls that are easier to access the contents.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Anyone know what the max distance from the Worthy View car park to your tent is likely to be?

I don't have an issue with walking with my stuff, it's just if it's far i'll make sure I put stuff in bags (like rucksacks) that make it easier and more comfortable to carry for me and my wife. If it's not that far i'll use holdalls that are easier to access the contents.

As the crow flies, about 0.7km... But you'd have to be extremely unlucky for it to be that far.  

It's similar for Sticklinch too...

WV.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

It’s really not far, from carpark, through ticketing across a field with admin tents then into the campsite. Really all depends where your tent is located. We take all our stuff in holdalls.  Easy to get back to the car to re supply any time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

The “posh” tents are in sticklinch this year so you could be anywhere. They were nearer the car park but further from the festival gate. There are usually helpful sorts with wheelbarrows around but I bring a trolley anyway

ps would always bring a rucksack in case of mud

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare

12 minutes ago, hettyfletcher92 said:

Anyone got any tents in worthy view they don't want / are too big? I have a two man but was really hoping to switch up to a 4 man or a 6 man for people who got their tickets late and are camping alone!!

Sticklinch still has a 6 person tent available...

Best option might be to book that and then try and sell on your Worthy View one. Worthy view is sold out, so shouldn't be too hard, and I believe it's quite easy to assign other people's names to them. 

• Like 1