Your ideas for themed areas

TheGChild

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

around the pier/Glastonbury on Sea: i'd like to see some pirates free ranging around that area, stealing cans of beer and chips off people and saying AAARRR  a lot. Sort of like the seagulls in t+c but with a stronger feel of faint violence to them. 

That already exists. It’s called Pennards. 

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And they can only listen to Van Morrison.

Only if he's not allowed to bang on about vaccines. 

21 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Actually not a bad idea. Re-enactments of the battle of Yeoman’s bridge every day at 5pm. 

*tips over portaloo*

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Let's stop there!

The Western town idea sounds awesome, would be well up for that. A gritty industrial venue would be awesome

They are essentially two areas of the pre-Covid era Boomtown. 

We (a friend and I) actually submitted a venue idea for Boomtown before it was cancelled in 2020 which I think would have been a winner. 

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

around the pier/Glastonbury on Sea: i'd like to see some pirates free ranging around that area, stealing cans of beer and chips off people and saying AAARRR  a lot. Sort of like the seagulls in t+c but with a stronger feel of faint violence to them. 

Ha. Again this was also an area in Boomtown! Kind of. We once had to queue one legged for ages in order to meet the pirate captain to exchange a golden yarn for a floppy disk. 

I would love some more / some of the disappeared micro-venues back at Glastonbury.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You can't say this then not elaborate...

I can't say too much on here in case we ever decide to resubmit it. 😂 I can tell you it was going to be called 'The Recovery Room', and it was a completely new idea themed around an A&E. Obviously, it also may have been a rubbish one... who knows!?  Edit: It wouldn't work as well post-Covid either!

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can't say too much on here in case we ever decide to resubmit it. 😂 I can tell you it was going to be called 'The Recovery Room', and it was a completely new idea themed around an A&E. Obviously, it also may have been a rubbish one... who knows!? 

Don't worry, nobody is going to steal your idea...

707306.jpg?b64lines=Cm1lbnRhbCBub3RlOiBzdGVhbCBoaXMKaWRlYQ==

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

They are essentially two areas of the pre-Covid era Boomtown. 

We (a friend and I) actually submitted a venue idea for Boomtown before it was cancelled in 2020 which I think would have been a winner. 

Ha. Again this was also an area in Boomtown! Kind of. We once had to queue one legged for ages in order to meet the pirate captain to exchange a golden yarn for a floppy disk. 

I would love some more / some of the disappeared micro-venues back at Glastonbury.

Its definitely on my to do list, pretty stupid question but its not just DnB right like late night? We all need to support these kinds of festivals so that glastonbury see they are popular and add more micro venues / more similar events pop up. There's probaby a market for a northern version of boomtown for instance.

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can't say too much on here in case we ever decide to resubmit it. 😂 I can tell you it was going to be called 'The Recovery Room', and it was a completely new idea themed around an A&E. Obviously, it also may have been a rubbish one... who knows!?  Edit: It wouldn't work as well post-Covid either!

Sounds cool although anything covid related a big no i think - instant moodkiller.

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its definitely on my to do list, pretty stupid question but its not just DnB right like late night? We all need to support these kinds of festivals so that glastonbury see they are popular and add more micro venues / more similar events pop up. There's probaby a market for a northern version of boomtown for instance.

Sounds cool although anything covid related a big no i think - instant moodkiller.

It was submitted before COVID was a thing, so I would have to change bits up.

Boomtown is predominantly DnB/dance at night at the big stages, but has loads of smaller venues doing different things - there is a heavier music area now too that's open late. Some of the curfews are really odd though. One of my best nights at Boomtown was limboing with the Grandma's of Grandma's Living Room (which is a venue very much as it sounds!). There is also the annual Christmas party in the job centre... 😂

Glastonbury used to have alleyways of micro venues in the Shangri-la but they changed in 2017 (?) due to health and safety I think.

Edited by vintagelaureate

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It was submitted before COVID was a thing, so I would have to change bits up.

Boomtown is predominantly DnB/dance at night at the big stages, but has loads of smaller venues doing different things - there is a heavier music area now too that's open late. Some of the curfews are really odd though. One of my best nights at Boomtown was limboing with the Grandma's of Grandma's Living Room (which is a venue very much as it sounds!). There is also the annual Christmas party in the job centre... 😂

Nothing says middle class like a load of white people dancing in a festival set job centre!

Dance is all good for me, just can't stand it only being dnb. Its definitely on the wishlist, i would probably have done it this year if my main mate who's into dance wasn't away july/august.

We should celebrate Grime. A small stage or area that's modelled around Pirate Radio, with loads of small/indie MC's performing cyphers/sets and various DJ's. They could even broadcast it as a second a radio station. 20 years since Grime's inception, would be fun. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Bent did a hospital tent at The Big Chill. They brought you in took your pulse and other such checks, then you laid on a hospital bed where headphones were put on you and you stayed there for about 10 mins listening to music. Got a badge for being good 

Edited by fred quimby