Size of Stages - 2022 Edition

stuartbert two hats

51 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, thank fuck. I forgot about that place. The most un-Glasto space at Glasto. The only venue at the festival where I've seen more than two police officers. At one point, there were a dozen of them. Not unusual at some festivals but quite disconcerting to see at Glastonbury. 

That said, Elrow is always a laugh.

Had to rack my brain to remember what that was - finally remembered walking past it during the festival, wasn't it in a oddly central location? It had a Creamfields (I might be unfair there) vibe about it

22 minutes ago, benc said:

Had to rack my brain to remember what that was - finally remembered walking past it during the festival, wasn't it in a oddly central location? It had a Creamfields (I might be unfair there) vibe about it

Right by the Glade that year. The Elrow session in there was good, enjoyed that. 

26 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Are the Truth Stage and Hell Stage both in Shangri-la? I feel like I've never seen the Hell Stage but I must have, is it in the South most point (looking at the map)?

Was the hell stage there in 2019? Didn't it become the gas tower? 

Do we think the reorientation of the other stage increased the fields capacity?

Re the Other stage vs the Pyramid capacity, I just did a very rudimentary overlay of the outline of the field on top of the Pyramid to the same scale, it definitely seems to be at least 50% the size of the pyramid:

59991FCA-4CFC-4370-82D6-E805D877166F.thumb.jpeg.b6e80a590c053ac86f8696c5002f22e4.jpeg

Edit: This is probably a better representation of comparable useable space:

952E7211-0EB7-4B94-A2B0-BDA608382025.png

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

32 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Re the Other stage vs the Pyramid capacity, I just did a very rudimentary overlay of the outline of the field on top of the Pyramid to the same scale, it definitely seems to be at least 50% the size of the pyramid:

59991FCA-4CFC-4370-82D6-E805D877166F.thumb.jpeg.b6e80a590c053ac86f8696c5002f22e4.jpeg

Edit: This is probably a better representation of comparable useable space:

952E7211-0EB7-4B94-A2B0-BDA608382025.png

Really surprised to see the width being so comparable. What do we reckon then, 80-90k? More? Less?

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really surprised to see the width being so comparable. What do we reckon then, 80-90k? More? Less?

I’m not sure because I guess it depends on how much of the width is actually usable, if you flip the image of the other stage instead of just rotating it round, then it only takes up about 50% of the pyramid field of you work to the same angle the Pyramid field is in terms of its width:

C5566C41-1664-410D-A68D-1C7574475792.thumb.jpeg.39727269e93aa247bcb5452a49b668fd.jpeg

But then is the pyramid field just narrower and that extra width of the other is proper usable space? I reckon you can safely say it’s at least 50% though so 60k minimum?

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, incident said:

The tent used for JP is 11,808 before Staging etc, so will be more like 8-9,000 as you'll lose at least 25%.

Likewise the tent used for the Acoustic (4 pole Rounded version) is 7,808 without staging so will be 5-6,000 after.

Had no idea JP was that big 👏👏👏 think I'll be going there alot more this year with coming into the festival from either gate D or A rather than C 

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

image.thumb.png.2e72691c5d1d06fbd0ca86a88be32c96.png

That’s from here 

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-pyramid-line-up-headliners-2942649

which is likely to be sourced from this board 

They took 50% of row mead for the stones gig in 2013 and don’t think it’s ever been back since. That must added a bit more 

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Was the hell stage there in 2019? Didn't it become the gas tower? 

Do we think the reorientation of the other stage increased the fields capacity?

That probably explains why I can't remember it if it wasn't there in 19 (or presumably 17!)

12 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

In fact wouldn’t this information be in the event plan?

failing that we know the capacity of bst so can do a rough comparison for that area size and totals

There's not much in the public facing plan, probably for very good reasons. 

16. Venues Plan

16.2 Advance discussions are held with Area Organisers and Venue Managers regarding venue requirements. Safe occupancy calculations are established to take into account the venue use,number of suitable exits, fire escape plans etc.

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/7467/Glastonbury-Festival-Licensing-and-Event-Management-Information

Edited by Leyrulion

Just now, Leyrulion said:

There's not much in the public facing plan, probably for very good reasons. 

16. Venues Plan

16.2 Advance discussions are held with Area Organisers and Venue Managers regarding venue requirements. Safe occupancy calculations are established to take into account the venue use,number of suitable exits, fire escape plans etc.

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/7467/Glastonbury-Festival-Licensing-and-Event-Management-Information

We need an insider, or some elaborate job to steal the information. 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m not sure because I guess it depends on how much of the width is actually usable, if you flip the image of the other stage instead of just rotating it round, then it only takes up about 50% of the pyramid field of you work to the same angle the Pyramid field is in terms of its width:

C5566C41-1664-410D-A68D-1C7574475792.thumb.jpeg.39727269e93aa247bcb5452a49b668fd.jpeg

But then is the pyramid field just narrower and that extra width of the other is proper usable space? I reckon you can safely say it’s at least 50% though so 60k minimum?

Other stage definitely needs more speakers "can't remember what they're called" , if there's a crosswind and your not down the front then the sound is shite