Metal/heavy music at Glastonbury

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Hopefully they’ll have a decent replacement. Amyl and the Sniffers into Turnstile on the same stage would have been a great couple of hours.

If they do drop out I guarantee the replacement will just be some basic indie band that usually fills up the JP rather than a like-for-like replacement for Turnstile. Really hope they don’t as the timing of their set worked out perfectly for me so would be fuming if it now doesn’t go ahead.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

If they do drop out I guarantee the replacement will just be some basic indie band that usually fills up the JP rather than a like-for-like replacement for Turnstile. Really hope they don’t as the timing of their set worked out perfectly for me so would be fuming if it now doesn’t go ahead.

Yeah, it’s slim pickings for us rock/metal/punk fans as it is.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Turnstile have pulled out of Hellfest which is the same weekend as Glastonbury. Not sure if they’ve done that to make their schedule a little less hectic or if they’re gonna bail on more dates. All eyes on Outbreak which is also that same weekend. 

From the looks of the Facebook post it seems as though they are rejigging things hence quite a few bands pulling out.

As everyone else says fingers crossed as they were my must see for the weekend!

Edited by danwink
Spelling

Fingers crossed they’re still playing, saw them at Rock City in Feb after not being to a gig in 2 years and they were brilliant.

There’s not too much I want to see on the Sunday and already missing Fontaines for DR so fingers crossed Turnstile are still at the farm!

Turnstile did cancel some European dates earlier but they were basically just for the next week so it seemed more of a practicality thing more than anything then. Hellfest did cause me to be a little more alarmed but Outbreak announced a bunch of cancellations last week and Turnstile wasnt one of them. They also have a bunch of headline shows across mainland Europe that were rescheduled from their Feb tour that haven't been cancelled or rescheduled as of yet and that starts this month. If Turnstile were cancelling their entire European tour I feel like we would have known by now.

Edited by justanothername

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Turnstile did cancel some European dates earlier but they were basically just for the next week so it seemed more of a practicality thing more than anything then. Hellfest did cause me to be a little more alarmed but Outbreak announced a bunch of cancellations last week and Turnstile wasnt one of them. They also have a bunch of headline shows across mainland Europe that were rescheduled from their Feb tour that haven't been cancelled or rescheduled as of yet and that starts this month. If Turnstile were cancelling their entire European tour I feel like we would have known by now.

More positive posts like this I need 

Punk and Metal are pure Shite. Punk-wise Smash it up by the Dammed was OK and the Clash, but most of it was Total Shite.

Neither form of music deserves any recognition whatsoever really, Especially all Metal.

Total Shite:

Die Mother fu*kas die.

That is all.

Edited by bamber
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, bamber said:

Punk and Metal are pure Shite. Punk-wise Smash it up by the Dammed was OK and the Clash, but most of it was Total Shite.

Neither form of music deserves any recognition whatsoever really, Especially all Metal.

Total Shite:

Die Mother fu*kas die.

That is all.

Yeah, more artists like Megan Thee Stallion and Rosin Murphy we need.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, balti-pie said:

I'm gonna nose around the greenfields and see what i can find there - i suspect itll be a bit folky etc but as everyone in here says, any kind of alternative is welcome!

I dont mind a bit of drum n bass and jungle, its not too dissimilar to some areas of metal, but as i dont take drugs i'll be a little out of place . . . Earache are still having a stage at Boomtown and Kendal Calling, so i've decent hopes they'll return to glastonbury perhaps when the budgets can allow. It got a fair bit of press and attention the last couple of festivals, so i'd have thought its a no-brainer, but i am a bit biased

Stone Circle / Piano Bar!

6 hours ago, bamber said:

Total Shite:

Die Mother fu*kas die.

That is all.

Thanks for that Bamber, really insightful. Now I know that some knobhead from the internet doesn’t like metal 😂 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, bamber said:

Total Shite:

Die Mother fu*kas die.

That is all.

Very few people here shit on you for the unrelenting Jessie J chatter, so how about extending us the same courtesy. Ta.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Very few people here shit on you for the unrelenting Jessie J chatter, so how about extending us the same courtesy. Ta.

I thought turning up to this thread and taking the time to be so expressive had a certain panache. 

@bambereven said a couple of positive things about punk. You certainly can't  accuse them of sitting on the fence 😉

Anyone know if IDLES are doing multiple sets? Their tour dates show Glasto over 3 days so I'm hopeful they'll do more than one set. Their Friday set clashes with Robert Plant who I feel I shouldn't miss as it's a bit of a once in a lifetime opportunity!

On 6/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, clarkete said:

I thought turning up to this thread and taking the time to be so expressive had a certain panache. 

@bambereven said a couple of positive things about punk. You certainly can't  accuse them of sitting on the fence 😉

With a more sober head on, What I'm trying to say is that Metal and to a lesser extent Punk, are musical Cul-de-sacs.

Other music moves on, metal and Punk don't evolve.

Prove me wrong, I'd enjoy that.

I was in-to Metal in my teens.

I saw this band play live.

Not so into Metal after this.

Samson were/are dicks.

( WARNING - THIS IS BAD, REALLY BAD )

All metal sounds like this to me now.

By contrast Funk No.1 - TOKYO GROOVE JYOSHI ..

are really moving on.

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, bamber said:

With a more sober head on, What I'm trying to say is that Metal and to a lesser extent Punk, are musical Cul-de-sacs.

Other music moves on, metal and Punk don't evolve.

Prove me wrong, I'd enjoy that.

I was in-to Metal in my teens.

I saw this band play live.

Not so into Metal after this.

Samson were/are dicks.

( WARNING - THIS IS BAD, REALLY BAD )

All metal sounds like this to me now.

By contrast Funk No.1 - TOKYO GROOVE JYOSHI ..

are really moving on.

You are wrong. But why should we make the effort to prove it to you? All metal fans know how rich and interesting the scene is and if you don’t want to listen to it, fine. You clearly have an axe to grind, and are coming at this with negativity, so why should we waste our energy.

You’ll be happier listening to Jessie J, so just go ahead and do that and enjoy yourself.