2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Which makes sense but they arent big enough to headline the second stage at Reading. They are a night act imo and they arent big enough to be that.

They’ve done it before. Doesn’t mean they’re big enough now of course but it wasn’t that long back (2018).

As you’ve joined the discussion, Yungblud would’ve been a shoe in the last couple of years I think, the perfect example of a big up and coming up with a large, dedicated fan base who’d have thrived and had a real ‘event’ moment up against some old fart like Liam Gallagher or similar, as opposed to being just another act on at 5pm

Edited by Benj

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Can't go wrong with a big tent.

How big are Pendulum these days with the younger crowd? No idea how to measure them.

I think they could headline the dance tent - it would be quite packed but they'd be shit at 5pm main stage.

They are definitely not massive with the younger crowd, a lot less well known than your andy c, shy fx, chase and status which is what makes them hard to place as they are definitely bigger than say shy fx.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Can't go wrong with a big tent.

How big are Pendulum these days with the younger crowd? No idea how to measure them.

Not really "big", but they have some young fans. We're 30 and we met a really sound 18 year old at Pendulum this year, but most of his mates were back at the tent getting drunk rather than actually watching them or Wolf Alice or Ho99o9, which all makes sense. 

MSE//

Gorillaz >> Rex Orange County >> Loyle Carner

Cardi B >> Aitch >> Playboi Carti

The Killers >> Yungblud >> Maneskin

MSW//

Panic at the Disco >> Jamie T >> Idles

Sam Fender >> Becky Hill >> Central Cee

Paramore >> Don Broco >> The Wombats

Bit outside the box, Gorillaz and Cardi B new albums coming in 2023,

PatD! posters around the festival sites,

Killers in the midst of a tour with expected festivals after,

Paramore new music and album expected,

Sam Fender is on the rise and if his Hyde Park dates don't affect this then he's in.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

MSE//

Gorillaz >> Rex Orange County >> Loyle Carner

Cardi B >> Aitch >> Playboi Carti

The Killers >> Yungblud >> Maneskin

MSW//

Panic at the Disco >> Jamie T >> Idles

Sam Fender >> Becky Hill >> Central Cee

Paramore >> Don Broco >> The Wombats

Bit outside the box, Gorillaz and Cardi B new albums coming in 2023,

PatD! posters around the festival sites,

Killers in the midst of a tour with expected festivals after,

Paramore new music and album expected,

Sam Fender is on the rise and if his Hyde Park dates don't affect this then he's in.

too stacked, carti wombats and loyle carner should all be subbing really. reckon jamie t will do finsbury then like kendal, y not, nbhd weekender etc

9 hours ago, gfa said:

too stacked, carti wombats and loyle carner should all be subbing really. reckon jamie t will do finsbury then like kendal, y not, nbhd weekender etc

The Wombats subbed Madness at Tramlines festival this year - if they're subbing a B-tier festival then they can play third down at festival like Leeds.

Edited by SleepingGiants

11 hours ago, stanh said:

All I can find is this, but I'm pretty sure it's a fake fan-made lineup

FdEhKriWAAEM2GG.jpg

1975 playing but not headlining, over Blink-182 gives me high hopes that they will be Sunday MSE act. Given that 1975 were set to headline this year, I'd take it that a few of these names are being lined up.

Paramore | Drake | Blink-182 > very R&L main stage booking

Sam Fender | Doja Cat | Panic at the Disco! > very MSW booking

Hear me out. RHCP still not cancelled/refunded the Glasgow show that didn't go ahead saying they're "working on it". Only reason I can see is that they're going to be back next year for some reason and R&L the only festival I can see them doing (also satisfies the previous headliner tag) so could add a Glasgow show after?

12 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

this is a obvious fake one but the headliners were leaked by brazilian journalist jose norberto flesch, he is famous for leaking festival lineups with almost 100% accuracy

can you send a source / news article / video?

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Blink-182, My Chemical Romance & Paramore on the same lineup COME ON R&L. Make us 30 year olds happy. 

Can you imagine the outrage of the social media generation if that was the line-up. Imagine the riots in the campsites from the teenagers hyped up on the 1xtra tent and there first actual drink, and first weekend away without parents. 

Granted, us 30s will love it. 

• Upvote 1