2023 Festival

TheWaters

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Seems a safe, ticket shifting bet. 

Paramore x YUNGBLUD 

Eminem x Doja Cat 

The 1975 x Sam Fender 

I really hope not, would only be fussed about seeing Sam Fender and Doja Cat personally, maybe The 1975 if the new album is decent.

Personally hoping for something like:

Paramore / Tyler, The Creator

The Weeknd / Sam Fender

The Killers / Doja Cat

• 2 weeks later...

florence + the machine / aj tracey

billie eilish / sam fender

the killers / doja cat

not sure if this is the most realistic, but wonder if next year they'd maybe go for 3 female headliners? seem to have gone down very well this year (and of course, with wireless too) - so would love to see it continued! 

15 hours ago, stanh said:

the killers / doja cat

not sure if this is the most realistic, but wonder if next year they'd maybe go for 3 female headliners? seem to have gone down very well this year (and of course, with wireless too) - so would love to see it continued! 

Could see that with eminemememem in place of billie. 

20 hours ago, stanh said:

the killers / doja cat

Florence’s live show really doesn’t suit R&L imo - its very theatrical just would fall on deaf ears. AJ Tracey is like a 3rd down i swear also? Maybe a sub now i don’t know but would be a weak booking to say the least

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Florence’s live show really doesn’t suit R&L imo - its very theatrical just would fall on deaf ears. AJ Tracey is like a 3rd down i swear also? Maybe a sub now i don’t know but would be a weak booking to say the least

AJ subbed Stormzy on 2021.

Florence doesn't fit R&L at all anymore.

It would be Billie OR Doja and I think Doja is more the vibe now and probably cheaper too.

Dua Lipa // The Killers // Kasabian

Tyler the Creator // Doja Cat // Sam Fender

5 hours ago, gfa said:

AJ I think will get the call soon to do it, subbed Stormzy last year, headlining a couple of smaller festivals this year - probably going to re-announce his arena tour, perhaps alongside his next album. Don't think he'd look out of place, especially considering MTS's placing at Wireless and Parklife this year. Florence is definitely more of a pipe dream, can see her being more likely to get booked again for Boardmasters next year instead.

Tyler, The Creator / Sam Fender

Dua Lipa / Chase & Status (Live) or Courteeners

The Killers / Doja Cat

or

Cardi B / Paramore

Drake / Sam Fender

Red Hot Chili Peppers / Doja Cat

Would love to see Kygo or Calvin Harris at R&L, but can't really see that happening - as good as that would be.

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

AJ I think will get the call soon to do it, subbed Stormzy last year, headlining a couple of smaller festivals this year - probably going to re-announce his arena tour, perhaps alongside his next album. Don't think he'd look out of place, especially considering MTS's placing at Wireless and Parklife this year. Florence is definitely more of a pipe dream, can see her being more likely to get booked again for Boardmasters next year instead.

Tyler, The Creator / Sam Fender

Dua Lipa / Chase & Status (Live) or Courteeners

The Killers / Doja Cat

or

Cardi B / Paramore

Drake / Sam Fender

Red Hot Chili Peppers / Doja Cat

Would love to see Kygo or Calvin Harris at R&L, but can't really see that happening - as good as that would be.

Kygo has completely fallen off I thought? If you want to see calvin just go to creamfields lol

Just now, gfa said:

Kygo has completely fallen off I thought? If you want to see calvin just go to creamfields lol

He's still headlining festivals and making hits - would make a great MSW headliner, or a MSE 'special guest'. And I've seen Calvin before, but just saying that I think it'd be cool to see him at R&L, would imagine he would go down really well personally with the majority of R&L attendees. 

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

He's still headlining festivals and making hits - would make a great MSW headliner, or a MSE 'special guest'. And I've seen Calvin before, but just saying that I think it'd be cool to see him at R&L, would imagine he would go down really well personally with the majority of R&L attendees. 

Definitely would go down well but like he’d take up a MSE slot, which i really don’t want 

7 minutes ago, stanh said:

Fair enough, I'd love to see him do that personally - would prefer it to let's say, Eminem again, or dare I say, Kings of Leon

Haha i'd take him over both of those too honestly. Eminem would be welcome back come 2023 thats 6 years - definitely long enough. I feel like 3 years is fine at Reading given the crowd

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Haha i'd take him over both of those too honestly. Eminem would be welcome back come 2023 thats 6 years - definitely long enough. I feel like 3 years is fine at Reading given the crowd

Yeah definitely long enough, guess that's just my music taste though, never really been much of a fan of Eminem, nor did I enjoy him that much in 2017😂

On 2/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, stanh said:

Fair enough, I'd love to see him do that personally - would prefer it to let's say, Eminem again, or dare I say, Kings of Leon

I'd be surprised if Kings of Leon turn at R&L again tbh.

In fairness I thought they might endup at Glastonbury at some point, given they have there since the very last tour before Sex on Fire and Use Somebody came out.

• 2 weeks later...

With the response to this years lineup, I fully expect next year's to be a total teen pleaser.

MSE// Dua Lipa, Tyler the Creator, The 1975

MSW// Sam Fender, Yungblud, Doja Cat

Subs by Rex Orange County, Wombats, MGK, Central Cee, Blossoms, Pusha T

Edited by Chad888

31 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

With the response to this years lineup, I fully expect next year's to be a total teen pleaser.

MSE// Dua Lipa, Tyler the Creator, The 1975

MSW// Sam Fender, Yungblud, Doja Cat

Subs by Rex Orange County, Wombats, MGK, Central Cee, Blossoms, Pusha T

I think that’s pretty realistic. Coincidentally, I was genuinely just putting my 2023 guess together and it shares a lot of the same acts: 

MSE: The 1975 / Rex Orange County / Slowthai

MSW: Sam Fender / The Wombats / Nothing But Thieves 

MSE: Paramore / Olivia Rodrigo / Central Cee 

MSW: Doja Cat / Don Toliver / You Me At Six 

MSE: Muse / Machine Gun Kelly / IDLES 

MSW: YUNGBLUD / Charli XCX / Tom Grennan

The people complaining usually want acts who played the previous year. I find this trend on social media all the time. Do people buy a ticket / decide to go and expect the exact same lineup as the year before? It’s weird. Is it the FOMO from seeing last years sets?

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think that’s pretty realistic. Coincidentally, I was genuinely just putting my 2023 guess together and it shares a lot of the same acts: 

MSE: The 1975 / Rex Orange County / Slowthai

MSW: Sam Fender / The Wombats / Nothing But Thieves 

MSE: Paramore / Olivia Rodrigo / Central Cee 

MSW: Doja Cat / Don Toliver / You Me At Six 

MSE: Muse / Machine Gun Kelly / IDLES 

MSW: YUNGBLUD / Charli XCX / Tom Grennan

That's something I can see for sure but I'd make a few changes...

MSE//

Dua Lipa >> Rex Orange County >> 6lack

Tyler the Creator >> Pusha T >> Charli XCX

The 1975 >> Wombats >> Decklan Mckenna

MSW//

Yungblud >> MGK >> Anne Marie

Sam Fender >> Blossoms >> Slowthai

Doja Cat >> Central Cee >> IDLES

Edited by Chad888