2023 Festival

TheWaters

51 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going to take this and put MCR in for Muse instead.

I get a feeling MCR might do Download next year but Download will have an array of options with Slipknot (if no Knotfest UK this year which isn’t looking likely as it’d have been announced by now) being nailed on, Avenged Sevenfold/Rammstein releasing new stuff, BMTH/Ghost being up and coming headliner bookings and Metallica not doing a UK date in 2022. But I think Paramore are nailed on to do R&L next year and I don’t think R&L would have both Paramore and MCR as headliners as both would need to play MSE. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Think Cardi B would be MSE. She’s quite big. Not a bad bunch though.

Yeah very true. I’m just trying to think about who will have albums out this year and next year as well as having a good balance of acts that will appeal to the audience. I can see R&L wanting to book someone like Cardi B but I’m not sure the lineup would be as strong with Cardi B/Paramore/Muse or Cardi B/Paramore/Eminem, I feel Paramore will play but would only accept MSE and obviously Muse or Eminem will be on MSE. I think they’ve set a president this year with 2 female headliners so I think we’ll see that going forward as well so a bit of a dilemma. But I’m probably thinking way too much into it. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I get a feeling MCR might do Download next year but Download will have an array of options with Slipknot (if no Knotfest UK this year which isn’t looking likely as it’d have been announced by now) being nailed on, Avenged Sevenfold/Rammstein releasing new stuff, BMTH/Ghost being up and coming headliner bookings and Metallica not doing a UK date in 2022. But I think Paramore are nailed on to do R&L next year and I don’t think R&L would have both Paramore and MCR as headliners as both would need to play MSE. 

R&L have booked RATM who a lot don't care about plus Dave and MTS on the same day. It's still baffles me how her team have got a R&L headline slot but I guess like Disclosure someone had to be the weaker option.

I think Download have setup maybe to get Slipknot's Knotfest show at Download as a return. You just know Andy will want them and it doesn't really make sense for them to play a huge outdoor show in August this year to then play Download the following where it's feasible neither show will sell out. If SOAD and Slipknot headline I really don't see it being MCR as the other one out of them, Metallica, A7X and BMTH. I would struggle not to get a weekend ticket if MCR headlined with those two though. Paramore, MCR and Eminem would be huge for me although I like MCR the least.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeah very true. I’m just trying to think about who will have albums out this year and next year as well as having a good balance of acts that will appeal to the audience. I can see R&L wanting to book someone like Cardi B but I’m not sure the lineup would be as strong with Cardi B/Paramore/Muse or Cardi B/Paramore/Eminem, I feel Paramore will play but would only accept MSE and obviously Muse or Eminem will be on MSE. I think they’ve set a president this year with 2 female headliners so I think we’ll see that going forward as well so a bit of a dilemma. But I’m probably thinking way too much into it. 

I think Paramore could be MSW if the other headliner was big. Hence me pairing them with Em

MSE //

Tyler the Creator - really ramping up shows this year, headlining everywhere

Muse - Headline every few years, one of the ones on socials they are calling for hard.

Blink 182 - Long awaited reunion on the cards, fits in with the past bookings, having the legacy act (Metallica, RHCP, eminem, KOL, Foos, RATM)

MSW//

Doja Cat - Meant to HL this year but pulled out apparently and replaced by Halsey

Kasabian - Pretty guaranteed now, they fit too well

Paramore - Cheap headliner, fits the push to a more inclusive gender based line-up, the kids will enjoy it

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:
3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Paramore - Cheap headliner, fits the push to a more inclusive gender based line-up, the kids will enjoy it

Expand  

I’d love to know that all my success over a decade and a half was purely down to being a cheap box-ticker aimed at children. 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

This has just been posted on reddit, obvs total bullshit because of the old photo but wonder if it's based on anything

67egrvda03f81.jpg

Probably not. They're playing Prague the day before the supposed date and will be announced for Lowlands and Pukkelpop which are on the same weekend (don't believe they would do 4 days in a row).

8 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

This has just been posted on reddit, obvs total bullshit because of the old photo but wonder if it's based on anything

67egrvda03f81.jpg

Based off someone not getting a Leeds ticket and being bored probably

had a punt at a couple of combinations of headliners and subs i think we could potentially see getting announced for 2023...

the weeknd / paramore - olivia rodrigo / aitch

billie eilish / sam fender - playboi carti / the kooks

the killers / doja cat - courteeners / idles

harry styles / sam fender - headie one / idles

drake / paramore - olivia rodrigo / aitch

the killers / doja cat - courteeners / playboi carti

paramore / sam fender - the wombats / olivia rodrigo

harry styles / doja cat - lil baby / machine gun kelly

muse / aj tracey - idles / becky hill

billie eilish / courteeners - becky hill / the streets

tyler, the creator / sam fender - blossoms / mabel

metallica / chase & status (live) - architects / playboi carti

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see them headline Glastonbury but if not, 4 years is enough time to return.  

They were booked to do glasto 2021 before covid but they've lost a fair bit of momentum after Notes so not sure if they will get booked for 2023. Their headline in 2019 was so great and would love to have them back even if it wouldn't feel like a 'moment' like that one did