victorious 2022

retrokev

Just trying to do the maths. How long before partner finishes work call? How long before she gets ready? How long to get a cab? Or do we walk? Will I get a chance to grab a cider before the mighty Scream take the stage?

My inner clock is screaming hurry up but my face is smiling like I don’t have a care in the world. Is it to early to have a cider while I wait patiently and try to carry on smiling.

44 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I was really hoping for sneaky craft beer / cider play hiding somewhere.  Maybe at the weekend 😬 cheers 👍

I think Watkins & Faux normally have cans from staggeringly good, but security will stop you taking them into the rest of the site (if they see them).

15 minutes ago, russell94 said:

Can anyone tell me what the searches are like going into the site. What’s the chance of smuggling booze in?

They always search my bag, had a poke around in it today. I have in the past successfully got a hip flask in on my person (didn't try today but will tomorrow).

Back in hotel now. 

Thoughts, Primal Scream had an hour set but did about 4 breakdowns in songs dragging them out when they could have played more tracks. Bit of a weird setlist, I enjoyed them, but felt they were losing the crowd completely half way through.

Listened to Soak but wasn't really watching them cus gone a wander, started strong but then I kinda went too far out from them

Self Esteem was absolutely fantastic. Can't say anything bad apart from she didn't play Rollout, but understandable as it's old.

Anna I listened to far away, sounded alright.

James were brilliant, seems Tim really seemed to enjoy himself. 

BBC I'm not familiar with, they were really good. 

Stereophonics, might have been the best time I've seen them, up there with TITP 2008. MUCH better than their last Viccy headline slot. Really polished act now and not in a bad way. 

Great day. More bars on site as well but a lot are cans only now. Food selection was the worst I've seen over the years though imo. 

Can't wait for full site open tomorrow

14 hours ago, Simsy said:

They always search my bag, had a poke around in it today. I have in the past successfully got a hip flask in on my person (didn't try today but will tomorrow).

There wasn’t a full body search, if you’re aiming to sneak in some spirits in a pouch or something 🤣 however I did some folk with a carrier bag full of cans/bottles, no idea how they managed that!!