2021 build up

zico martin

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling the government will do some sort of compromise for the 21st. I can imagine that they'll go with something like 1 metre + as well as mask wearing in enclosed spaces but more freedoms when outside. 

Considering festivals largely happen outside I think they will all be fine to go ahead as long as they put safety measures in place such as hand sanitisers and temperature checks.

Even if nothing changes on the 21st the talk is the maximum delay would be a month which would still mean Beautiful Days will be ok. 

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

They'll have a month from unlock to gates opening - fingers crossed. How much of a build is there? 

It's not massive, so I'm thinking just about OK. Any further delay and we might be kajiggered.

• 2 weeks later...

What do we reckon then?

I'm quietly confident but given Truck Festival that I had tickets for (last week in july and after restrictions are due to end) went last week its getting quite close. 

I think one more delay to anything and it will be a postponement.

16 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What do we reckon then?

I'm quietly confident but given Truck Festival that I had tickets for (last week in july and after restrictions are due to end) went last week its getting quite close. 

I think one more delay to anything and it will be a postponement.

I'm the same as you, quietly confident.  And desperately hopeful!  I'm so looking forward to it, it'll be gutting if it gets pulled.
I think it was @crazyfool1 that said somewhere else that we're not likely to get any news until 12th July, which is when the govt are due to confirm restrictions lifting on 19th (or not).  I'd agree with that.

I don't think the build is more than 2-3 weeks so that would still leave plenty of time to crack on with it.

Look forward to a mini efest meet if it does go ahead!

2 minutes ago, Skelts said:

I'm the same as you, quietly confident.  And desperately hopeful!  I'm so looking forward to it, it'll be gutting if it gets pulled.
I think it was @crazyfool1 that said somewhere else that we're not likely to get any news until 12th July, which is when the govt are due to confirm restrictions lifting on 19th (or not).  I'd agree with that.

I don't think the build is more than 2-3 weeks so that would still leave plenty of time to crack on with it.

Look forward to a mini efest meet if it does go ahead!

Yeh I think @crazyfool1 is probably on the money with that....then the question is, if restrictions aren't completly lifted which ones could still be in place for the event to still go ahead?

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh I think @crazyfool1 is probably on the money with that....then the question is, if restrictions aren't completly lifted which ones could still be in place for the event to still go ahead?

Yeah, that's the big question.  I'd quite happily take a test prior to the event if that's a requirement, which I suspect it will be 

5 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, that's the big question.  I'd quite happily take a test prior to the event if that's a requirement, which I suspect it will be 

Test pilot event perhaps?

Given its only a 17k capacity this could be feasable.

I would take one too and I suspect most people will have been double jabbed by that point too.

Hmmm.

I just logged into my Beautiful Days ticket order on See Tickets and it has this note on there:

Refunds

This show has been postponed and your ticket(s) will be valid for the re-arranged date.

If you are unable to make the new date and require a refund, please click on the button below and you will receive a response within 28 days.

49 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Hmmm.

I just logged into my Beautiful Days ticket order on See Tickets and it has this note on there:

Refunds

This show has been postponed and your ticket(s) will be valid for the re-arranged date.

If you are unable to make the new date and require a refund, please click on the button below and you will receive a response within 28 days.

Did you originally purchase the tickets for 2020 and that message is just left over from that?

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

We had to do a test before Bigfoot festival and it was a remarkably smooth process. Uploaded the result on the festival website then got a new ticket sent via email showing we were 'covid safe', job done

12 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

No, I only bought mine in March this year.

Strange - if you go to purchase then it's still showing 2021 dates and while the bulk of tickets are sold out it'll still allow you to buy Car Park tickets which I wouldn't expect if See had word it was cancelled.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Strange - if you go to purchase then it's still showing 2021 dates and while the bulk of tickets are sold out it'll still allow you to buy Car Park tickets which I wouldn't expect if See had word it was cancelled.

I have questioned it with them via Twitter (As has someone else)

Perhaps it is on all ticket purchases and has been left on by accident from last year.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Hmmm.

Refunds

Its still letting you buy car parking tickets for the current date which bodes well. 

Was thinking in terms of the headliners at least Beautiful Days are in a better position than most given they are one of them, and from what I can gather James and Frank Turner are their mates so can't imagine they would be getting a non-refundable deposit of it can't go ahead. Same could potentially be true of the bars being a local brewery. Stuff like the fencing and toilets etc probably not so much

If the above is the case maybe they can afford to wait a little longer before making their final decision?