Download 2023

3 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Hope so! One of the best surprises for me from the new drop so a run of Neck Deep - Pendulum - Architects - BMTH would be insane for me.

Right there with you. As soon as Pendulum were announced I pretty much disregarded them as a thought they were certain to clash with a headliner so that's a big bonus too if so.

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

If the poster is true I'm pretty happy about it. Just hoping Halestorm - Jinjer - Perturbator don't clash! I'd guess Halestorm 3rd down main, Jinjer, sub on second and Perturbator headline 4th. Presuming no one clashes with Metallica.

If Carpenter Brut could clash with BMTH though that be grand.

What was the clash situation for main stage headliners last year? The internet tells me only Biffy Clyro had anyone against them, and that Kiss and Iron Maiden had clean runs across the four key stages.

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

If Carpenter Brut could clash with BMTH though that be grand.

Definitely will. Those last big names on each day are locks for Dogtooth heads IMO.

I think they've increased the size of Avalanche and Pendulum, Simple Plan and I Prevail will top it on the normal-sized days. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

What was the clash situation for main stage headliners last year? The internet tells me only Biffy Clyro had anyone against them, and that Kiss and Iron Maiden had clean runs across the four key stages.

I didn't go last year but forum talk is that they are minimising clashes.

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Definitely will. Those last big names on each day are locks for Dogtooth heads IMO.

I think they've increased the size of Avalanche and Pendulum, Simple Plan and I Prevail will top it on the normal-sized days. 

That makes alot of sense as would leave space for Gojira and Lamb Of God.

I still have the feeling dual main or no clashes between main and second is on. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

I still have the feeling dual main or no clashes between main and second is on. 

I think so too. The lineup doesn’t seem as filled as previous years. I guess it’s only the second announcement but I would have expected stage splits at this point, right? Not too clued up on bow previous Download announcements have been to be honest so could be normal.

Edited by FeverDream

8 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I think so too. The lineup doesn’t seem as filled as previous years. I guess it’s only the second announcement but I would have expected stage splits at this point, right? Not too clued up on bow previous Download announcements have been to be honest so could be normal.

First time we're not seeing stage splits at this point but I think they're still going to announce them as part of the statement, just not the poster. 

Some are dead obvious like the main stage subs and we already know the 2nd heads are FFDP / Evanescence / Placebo / Ghost but the rest are a bit of a weird unknown right now. It would be strange for them not to at least put those on the website. 

9 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Any idea on how much day tickets will be? can’t miss the Friday 

I'd guess at about £110 after fees. Maybe just over £100 for Friday actually, I bet Saturday will cost the most and Thursday should be the least it being a much shorter day. 

Edited by BenG92

No stage splits. Each day is £110 so I got that part right, but the reduced Thursday being the same price is a bit ridiculous. 

Although as pointed out to me by someone on the official forums, Saturday's Metallica show is offset by having the smaller undercard. Makes sense I guess. 

Edited by BenG92