Download 2023

APEX: Metallica (Kill ‘Em All) / Alter Bridge / Bullet For My Valentine / Clutch / Testament / Static-X / Bloodywood 

OPUS: Placebo / The Distillers / Funeral For A Friend 

AVALANCHE: I Prevail 

DOGTOOTH: Sleep 

APEX: Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Lamb of God / Babymetal / Motionless In White / Spiritbox / Lorna Shore

OPUS: Ghost / Papa Roach / Meshuggah 

AVALANCHE: The Interrupters 

DOGTOOTH: Hypocrisy 

APEX: Metallica / Parkway Drive / Tenacious D / The Pretty Reckless / Avatar / Bad Wolves / The HU 

OPUS: The Prodigy / Rancid / Electric Callboy

AVALANCHE: Hollywood Undead 

DOGTOOTH: Thy Art Is Murder 

APEX: Slipknot / Pantera / Disturbed / Behemoth / Jinjer / Ice Nine Kills / Vended 

OPUS: Nightwish / Arch Enemy / In Flames 

AVALANCHE: FEVER 333 

DOGTOOTH: Deafheaven 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Few more names thrown into the mix by Nova Rock today 

7812304E-0C30-4320-A602-4606DD2085B0.jpeg

Disturbed and Nightwish sub headliners I reckon. 

37 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

We’re getting The Prodigy, aren’t we 😄 

Another sub headliner?

Have to say it's really starting to look like a dual main stage situation with everyone seemingly available.

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

APEX: Metallica (Kill ‘Em All) / Alter Bridge / Bullet For My Valentine / Clutch / Testament / Static-X / Bloodywood 

APEX: Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Lamb of God / Babymetal / Motionless In White / Spiritbox / Lorna Shore

APEX: Metallica / Parkway Drive / Tenacious D / The Pretty Reckless / Avatar / Bad Wolves / The HU 

APEX: Slipknot / Pantera / Disturbed / Behemoth / Jinjer / Ice Nine Kills / Vended 

So gooood. Can't wait for the announcement.

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Still cracks me up seeing Scooter on line ups like that in Europe.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Didn't Funeral For A Friend play this year? Do you think they'd be back or is one of us wrong? I'd love to see them again as they were incredible on their tour earlier this year.

Just now, metallimuse said:

Still cracks me up seeing Scooter on line ups like that in Europe.

Didn't Funeral For A Friend play this year? Do you think they'd be back or is one of us wrong? I'd love to see them again as they were incredible on their tour earlier this year.

Yeah they did but I could see them getting rebooked on an outdoor stage because they rammed the tent this year and are a DL favourite. 

On 10/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, Spiral_Low said:

I know what your getting at but as a 37 year old who knows a tonne of people over 30 who are into rock/metal, I could probably count the number of them who like BMTH on 1 hand. 

Honestly they are not popular at all amongst the 30-40 metal crowd and we are far from double denim haha. And speaking matter of factly we do make up a substantial chunk of Downloads fan base. No doubt because nu-metal was huge when we were teens. 

This is totally true. I am 39 and know 2 people that "don't mind" BMTH. Not a fan myself. Also i don't do double denim either haha. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Metalhead_Moz_ said:

This is totally true. I am 39 and know 2 people that "don't mind" BMTH. Not a fan myself. Also i don't do double denim either haha. 

Aye. I respect that have a big fanbase. But if Download do offer 'an alternative' to them I suspect it will be very busy! 

3 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Expected Disturbed. The Distillers subbing Placebo is something I thought already. Simple Plan said they would see us soon while supporting Sum 41.

The Prodigy either a sub or headlining secone stage. I'd actually be fine with Yungblud but I expect him at Reading. Papa Roach I thought was a given. 

Nightwish would be okay but I'd rather Evanescence as I gave up my ticket for a holiday.

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

How great would it be if The Prodigy were headlining the Second Stage but after the Main headliner? I know it likely isn’t possible but we never thought that 4 days was possible. 

A crazy crush! Just a small hunch is all going with this idea is that The Prodigy play after BMTH with a closing set. I'm just not sure that second stage is big enough for them. BMTH headline set and Architects sub set length etc with The Prodigy on after.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

A crazy crush! Just a small hunch is all going with this idea is that The Prodigy play after BMTH with a closing set. I'm just not sure that second stage is big enough for them. BMTH headline set and Architects sub set length etc with The Prodigy on after.

Yeah, that’s the big stickler for it happening. Bloody everyone would want to be at that set. Unless they are making second as big as main like some have speculated… 

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, that’s the big stickler for it happening. Bloody everyone would want to be at that set. Unless they are making second as big as main like some have speculated… 

if the rumours of Placebo, Evanescence and Ghost headlining 2nd are true i expect the stage to get a lot bigger. Are Rancid too big to headline Avalanche?

Thursday

Apex: Metallica / Alter Bridge / Halestorm

Opus: Placebo / Rancid

__

Friday

Apex: Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / While She Sleeps

Opus: Ghost / Behemoth

___

Saturday

Apex: Metallica / Pantera / Disturbed

Opus: The Prodigy / Pendulum

__

Sunday

Apex: Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Lamb Of God

Opus: Evanescence / Nightwish

i know that both Rancid and Nightwish are too big to sub Opus but they are surely bumping that stage size / capacity for next year

11 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

if the rumours of Placebo, Evanescence and Ghost headlining 2nd are true i expect the stage to get a lot bigger. Are Rancid too big to headline Avalanche?

I would say so, yeah. I think they could either sub or headline the current second stage down to rarity. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

My thinking is if BMTH accepted to be on the second stage at Reading but as a 'headliner' then I don't see them turning down being billed as a Download headliner and The Prodigy as a dance closer kind of thing. 

56 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

51 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

i know that both Rancid and Nightwish are too big to sub Opus but they are surely bumping that stage size / capacity for next year

Pendulum won't play before The Prodigy, that would be crazy! I don't think Placebo or Evanescence now are above 3rd main personally. Evanescence are only doing arena's due to a joint tour and Placebo only played arena's as part of a greatest hits tour.

If The Prodigy are there, for me they are either subbing main or closing after a headliner and it won't be any but BMTH

Rancid are too much of a rarity for Avalanche but they could still sub Opus.

Thursday

Apex: Metallica / Alter Bridge / Halestorm

Opus: Placebo / The Distillers

__

Friday

Apex: The Prodigy (closing) Bring Me The Horizon (headline) / Architects / While She Sleeps

Opus: Ghost / Pendulum

___

Saturday

Apex: Metallica unopposed / Pantera / Disturbed

Opus: Evanescence / Papa Roach

__

Sunday

Apex: Slipknot / Parkway Drive 

Opus: Nightwish / Rancid (still think they could be announced for Slam Dunk later to push for tickets) But I agree that with them being announced for lineups that Download might have just been able to sell it to them.

Could swap Pendulum and Papa Roach around but Pendulum are definitely a bigger ticket seller.

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I really, really hope we get Rancid. 

Thursday

Apex: Metallica / Alter Bridge / Bullet for my Valentine

__

Friday

Apex: The Prodigy (closing) Bring Me The Horizon (headline) / Architects / While She Sleeps

___

Saturday

Apex: Metallica unopposed / Pantera /Halestorm

__

Sunday

Apex: Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Disturbed

Opus: Nightwish / Rancid

That's what I would see in bold. I've switched Disturbed because I'm not dealing with a Papa Roach clash as for me there is too much crossover...I say for me.

It's also worth noting that Nova Rock has a history of only sharing one headliner with Download. By that I mean a headliner there and here so The Prodigy is a 50/50.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Thursday

Apex: Metallica / Alter Bridge / Bullet for my Valentine

__

Friday

___

Saturday

Apex: Metallica unopposed / Pantera /Halestorm

__

Sunday

Apex: Slipknot / Parkway Drive / Disturbed

Opus: Nightwish / Rancid

That's what I would see in bold. I've switched Disturbed because I'm not dealing with a Papa Roach clash as for me there is too much crossover...I say for me.

It's also worth noting that Nova Rock has a history of only sharing one headliner with Download. By that I mean a headliner there and here so The Prodigy is a 50/50.

I think The Prodigy playing after a headliner is a pipe dream but other than that, I think that looks great. Definitely the strongest lineup for ages. 

I think that’s what they’re going for next year. Properly pushing the boat out for the 20th. 

54 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

My thinking is if BMTH accepted to be on the second stage at Reading but as a 'headliner' then I don't see them turning down being billed as a Download headliner and The Prodigy as a dance closer kind of thing. 

This is such a dishonest characterisation of the BMTH situation.

They headlined Reading and Leeds, there’s no inverted commas about it.

R&L has 2, equally sized and equally promoted, main stages and all 6 acts are billed as headliners. You make it sound like they played the old NME tent but lobbied to get a bigger logo on the poster.

1 hour ago, King101 said:

This is such a dishonest characterisation of the BMTH situation.

They headlined Reading and Leeds, there’s no inverted commas about it.

R&L has 2, equally sized and equally promoted, main stages and all 6 acts are billed as headliners. You make it sound like they played the old NME tent but lobbied to get a bigger logo on the poster.

Not really. Tbh I actually read on here people say that one was smaller and MSE was the proper main stage.

All that aside, I still think if Download have them it's either a sub or closing as them on second would be silly.