news & politics:discussion

zahidf

51 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

At this point does that actually matter?

I think it does matter because you sometimes get the impression that some on the left criticise Hamas because they know they really should, but at the same time don’t really mean it. They are putting way more responsibility on recent deaths on Israel than the people who co-ordinated the attacks that caused an escalation. They are very lenient on Hamas hiding in public places using innocent Palestinian as human shields.

If your point is assigning blame doesn’t move us forward then I agree with you. Hopefully things are being done to progress and limit deaths.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think it does matter because you sometimes get the impression that some on the left criticise Hamas because they know they really should, but at the same time don’t really mean it. They are putting way more responsibility on recent deaths on Israel than the people who co-ordinated the attacks that caused an escalation. They are very lenient on Hamas hiding in public places using innocent Palestinian as human shields.

If your point is assigning blame doesn’t move us forward then I agree with you. Hopefully things are being done to progress and limit deaths.

Ok. Most of those 10k have been killed by Israeli bombs. You can say Hamas were hiding amongst civilians or whatever, but Israel still dropped those bombs. You can argue Hamas started it, but when did it actually start? There is a lot of history in this conflict. Meanwhile hundreds are dying every day, thousands have no home, thousands do not have access to basic humanitarian needs...blame only gets you so far. It needs to end.

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

The already have done and said they couldn't care less how many people are martyred for the the cause.  Willingly or otherwise.  That was said last week.

What is important I feel is if the wider region actually start ing to blaming Hamas for it and start accepting regardless of their feelings on Isreal that Hamas has to go.

There can be no peace with Hamas still around.

Think most governments in the area do, certainly Egypt as they kicked them out of Government when they were Muslim brotherhood. Think others do but at present can not really say anything.

14 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Most of those 10k

Who has claimed the 10k figure? Obviously there are civilian casualties in this conflict but are they as high as said. Does it include those “500” people from the hospital car park which we now know to be false. 

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Who has claimed the 10k figure? Obviously there are civilian casualties in this conflict but are they as high as said. Does it include those “500” people from the hospital car park which we now know to be false. 

We've been through this.. numbers from Gazan health ministry which is ran by Hamas, but they have found to be accurate in the past.

39 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Clearly it does unless you want to bury you head in the sand and show no respect for what they day means to most people.  

To “most people” that date is of marginal historical significance and doesn’t stop the present world in its tracks.

Do you think the Israeli government is going to halt their ethnic cleansing for a couple of minutes? 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You really shouldn't comment from all the way over in Australia about something you clearly no nothing about within the UK.  It still matters a great deal here. 

But I should pay attention to you pontificating over things that are happening 2,000 miles away from you? Proximity doesn’t legitimise opinion, Barry.

11/11 doesn’t matter in any substantial way to the majority of the UK outside the establishment and the media. 

3 hours ago, Neil said:

This wouldn't happen said someone. House prices rising due to shortage of supply

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/nov/07/uk-house-prices-rise-high-interest-rates-halifax?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

They fell for the 6 months before that according to what you just posted. They aren’t going to fall in a straight line each month. It’s more about a general direction of travel.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

My house price has gone up apparently

You’d only know that if you sold it 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

House down the road just sold for £20k more than I thought it would do.  

Maybe it has, I’ve no idea. I find it hard to believe house prices won’t continue to drop due to mortgage rates and an increasingly bad economic outlook for the country. 

We will be buying next year either way. 

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

They fell for the 6 months before that according to what you just posted. They aren’t going to fall in a straight line each month. It’s more about a general direction of travel.

A

As I said its not a good time to sell so people won't sell and it'll help to limit how much prices fall.

if you can't afford to buy now in sh*t city then they will never fall by enough to make you happy.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

A

As I said its not a good time to sell so people won't sell and it'll help to limit how much prices fall.

if you can't afford to buy now in sh*t city then they will never fall by enough to make you happy.

Clearly we need to build more houses, it’s basic common sense and anyone looking to buy would genuinely want more to be built.