news & politics:discussion

zahidf

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Unfortunately we are in an age where people will believe what they want to believe and if it’s something they don’t want to believe will just question its validity. Whatever’s happened it’s tragic to see more unnecessary deaths, hopefully some good can come of the tragedy and it starts off a move to peace. Unfortunately I can see it getting worse before it gets better.

It’s why I think for a situation as sensitive as this it’s best to wait before we can get verification before say out and out that such side were responsible.

You are right, it is tragic and hopefully there be justice one day. 

Palestinian Islamic Jihad deny blame for blast at hospital

The Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) has denied Israeli suggestions it was responsible for a blast at the Al Ahli hospital in Gaza City, the Reuters news agency quotes the militant group as saying.

Here’s another deleted tweet.

This racist c**t Netanyahu.

How many images of rows upon rows of the bodies of palestinian kids laid out on the ground covered in dust and rubble will we see before its all over. Are they the ’children of darkness’? To me they just look like normal kids who were probably full of life and mischief and fun, as kids are. Its just so sad and utterly pointless.

IMG_0816.jpeg

10 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Here’s another deleted tweet.

This racist c**t Netanyahu.

How many images of rows upon rows of the bodies of palestinian kids laid out on the ground covered in dust and rubble will we see before its all over. Are they the ’children of darkness’? To me they just look like normal kids who were probably full of life and mischief and fun, as kids are. Its just so sad and utterly pointless.

He's using the term children as in "the children of god", and is refering to the populations of Israel (light) and Palestine (dark) which doesn't make it any better.

Some Israeli's condider themselves to be "the chosen people".

Just now, Skip997 said:

He's using the term children as in "the children of god", and is refering to the populations of Israel (light) and Palestine (dark) which doesn't make it any better.

I understand that. I dont mean he is making a comment on skin tone- israelis and palestinians as far as I can see are fairly similar in complexion. He’s a racist because he sees israeli’s as inherently virtuous and palestinians as inherently evil.

8 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I understand that. I dont mean he is making a comment on skin tone- israelis and palestinians as far as I can see are fairly similar in complexion. He’s a racist because he sees israeli’s as inherently virtuous and palestinians as inherently evil.

Indiginous Israeli's and Palastinians are the same people, which makes the whole thing even more disturbing.

58 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I hadn’t really noticed Yousaf much before but his leadership on this topic, even given his personal ties, has been impressive. I heard his speech to SNP conference too and thought he spoke very well on independence.

He’s the kind of guy who seems to do better the more airtime he gets. I think the SNP will perform better than most expect in an election campaign.

He’s come across well on this during what must be a very difficult time for him. Ultimately he’s going to fail as SNP leader regardless of what he does now cause too many people have already made up their mind on him and the only way is down for a scandal hit party. He also barely won the leadership election against someone who thinks gay people shouldn’t be allowed to marry so members don’t love him. 

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not some Israeli's. Its all Jews.

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I can see how it could be Israel, could be Hamas on purposes, Hamas by accident or someone trying to frame either side. Conclusion I don’t have a clue, but it’s a really sh*t situation.

It was an Islamic Jihad rocket that was intercepted and then landed on the hospital.

Maybe.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

“All Jews” are you sure.

Either way that belief doesn’t help in this situation.

their scriptures claims them as the chosen people, and Palestine is the promised land.

7 hours ago, Neil said:

a bit of luck has fallen my way, i have a trainee occupational therapist, wanting to work with me  as her little project to try and wake up my hand and arm. i'm happy to give it a go cos mostly the highly train professionals have taken no interest in my arm. those that have have given me exercises, completely pointless, cos with no controlled movement in my  hand and arm i can't do exercises (can anyone exercise what they can't move).

Bless. When I was a student RMN we called occupational workers "basket weavers". There was one that I had a soft spot for and we got stuck in my home together (a 3 bedroomed house on site,) but I never took it anywhere as I had met my ex.

I hope you don't belittle being her pet project. She might just be what you need. Students tend to be obsessed with their "projects"

4 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I hope you don't belittle being her pet project. She might just be what you need. Students tend to be obsessed with their "projects"

i don't - am happy to be her project, i'm just pleased that i have someone paying attention to my arm & hand, which i feel was ignored as  i went thru those many months in hospital. my arm and hand never really had a chance of recovery, and I'm excited to have this chance.

i've no idea what she's like as a therapist, i feel the quality of the ones i've met so far has varied hugely. i do know she's proactive with some stuff, like taking me on as a project, she met me briefly a couple of weeks ago, and i guess i said enough to spark her interest that she can help me. 🙂 

6 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Don't you think there's rather more important things going on in the World at the moment?

it's all news. These by-elections results could be a big deal..if tories lose both they might feel they need another leader? If they win both then that will give them hope and all is not lost.