news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I reckon Jenas wants his job so he will be there.

not so sure .... interesting to see how this develops ... theyve massively underestimated his popularity .... just look at reactions on socials , my watts app groups and twitter are absolutely full of it 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Linekar’s pay has nothing to do with him being censored for calling out the Tories. 

if he had said something right wing I would be wanting him removed...but fuck all that anyway, the culture war is on. 

Actually...culture war wise this is interesting. Anti immigration/woke stuff might be popular with the great british masses, but I'm not sure bbc bashing or in particular linekar bashing is...he may be a well paid sports bloke with liberal views etc...but he's not a politician who are the lowest of the low. Interesting to see how this plays out. Linekar may do as he's told and leave twitter and then return to presenting, or he may say fuck you and set up his own woke footy tv channel.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not so sure .... interesting to see how this develops ... theyve massively underestimated his popularity .... just look at reactions on socials , my watts app groups and twitter are absolutely full of it 

yeah...they could have just left it, it was losing publicity...but now this just makes what he said massive...that the tories are basically nazis.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

if he had said something right wing I would be wanting him removed...but fuck all that anyway, the culture war is on. 

Actually...culture war wise this is interesting. Anti immigration/woke stuff might be popular with the great british masses, but I'm not sure bbc bashing or in particular linekar bashing is...he may be a well paid sports bloke with liberal views etc...but he's not a politician who are the lowest of the low. Interesting to see how this plays out. Linekar may do as he's told and leave twitter and then return to presenting, or he may say fuck you and set up his own woke footy tv channel.

Plenty of BBC presenters spout right wing rubbish eg Alan Sugar but nothing happens to them.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think BBC should get rid of Lineker as I see his wages as poor use of taxpayer money. I think you could pay a presenter a quarter of the salary and the viewing figures for MOTD or international tournaments would stay the same.

I however think what he says about politics is irrelevant, he isn’t a political presenter.

It's his private twitter, nothing to do with the BBC

Edited by Skip997