news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

said what?

About Turkey joining the EU. I think it was in Cameron's book that when he challenged Corbyn on going awol during the EU referendum campaign Corbyn offered to make a speech on Turkey joining the EU.

Edited by lost

1 minute ago, lost said:

About Turkey joining the EU. I think it was in Cameron's book that when he challenged Corbyn on going awol during the EU referendum campaign Corbyn offered to make a speech on Turkey joining the EU.

ok...well I haven't read cameron's book because I really could not be bothered with what that c**t has to say..but did corbs said we'd be swamped by scary turkish migrants? 

all I know is that maverick genius cummings played by marvel superhero cumberbatch went round the country talking to good honest people in pubs and worked out they love the nhs, don't like uncontrolled immigration, and don't like muslims...hence the whole turkish migrants and cash for nhs thing pushed by vote leave over and over again...which worked because cumberbatch is right, we're a bunch of bigotted morons...

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok...well I haven't read cameron's book because I really could not be bothered with what that c**t has to say..but did corbs said we'd be swamped by scary turkish migrants? 

I havent either he mentioned it on a radio 4 interview I believe. I guess the question is if he realised he was taking the piss with that suggestion?

Cameron isn't the only one claiming Corbyn was trying to sabotage remain from the inside. Alan Johnson from labour remain said the same thing:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-allies-sabotaged-labour-in-campaign-and-fuelled-brexit_uk_576eb1b5e4b0d2571149bb1f 

If the most popular Tory at the time Boris and the most popular labour MP Corbyn both wanted to leave and one was working from the inside then I can see how we ended up leaving.

Edited by lost

9 minutes ago, lost said:

I havent either he mentioned it on a radio 4 interview I believe. I guess the question is if he realised he was taking the piss with that suggestion?

Cameron isn't the only one claiming Corbyn was trying to sabotage remain from the inside. Alan Johnson from labour remain said the same thing:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-allies-sabotaged-labour-in-campaign-and-fuelled-brexit_uk_576eb1b5e4b0d2571149bb1f 

If the most popular Tory at the time Boris and the most popular labour MP Corbyn both wanted to leave and one was working from the inside then I can see how we ended up leaving.

ok, but I wasn't talking about whether corbyn was a leaver or not, but about how vote leave stoked some incendiary anti-immigrant/muslim stuff.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok, but I wasn't talking about whether corbyn was a leaver or not, but about how vote leave stoked some incendiary anti-immigrant/muslim stuff.

Corbyn was a leaver, always obvious now confirmed by Diane abbot. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok...whatever...fuckall to do with the conversation...but ok.

Lost was pointing out that corvyb helped leave to win, by hyping worries about immigrants. 

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

Lost was pointing out that corvyb helped leave to win, by hyping worries about immigrants. 

yeah, but he wasn't part of vote leave that really pushed the migration thing. It was official uk policy for Turkey to join EU, Corbyn was nothing to do with that. Bit sick of the twisting that goes on here to blame everything on corbyn/sturgeon or whatever to fit other agendas ffs. The point I was making was vote leave using that possibility of Turkey joining the EU to stoke prejudices...bit like what Braverman and co are doing now with their use of certain phrases like being swamped etc.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Gary Linekar saying what opposition should be saying, but unfortunately it's all about winning over a certain section of the electorate.

if gary cant do that then labour can't either, the tory minds want to keep their stance of destroying stuff.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

to run the country you have to demonise immigrants and say 100 million would invade if we don't do something?

No. They will have a certain amount of resources to allocate and be judged by the elctorate on where that money goes.

7 minutes ago, lost said:

No. They will have a certain amount of resources to allocate and be judged by the elctorate on where that money goes.

ok, well Linekar wasn't criticising that, but the language being used...and not heard any on opposition (labour) benches criticising except Abbott, McDonnell, Lewis 

Edited by steviewevie

3 minutes ago, lost said:

yep, and its politically difficult to justify putting non-brits up in hotels at brit-taxpayer's expense when many brits are homeless.

Just now, steviewevie said:

ok, well Linekar was criticising that, but the language being used...and not heard any on opposition (labour) benches criticising except Abbott, McDonnell, Lewis 

immigration is labour's weak point for tory attacks. i reckon its best for labour to let the tories get on with it, so it might go-away as an issue,  and  where labour can always look better.