news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Neil said:

330391813_878975543211465_16922911082597

Down voted (as you don't allow it)

Anyway here's some good news for you, Lineker has "stepped down" (suspended) from MOTD.

Also the last episode of Attenborough's latest documentary will not be broadcast on TV (only on iplayer), because it might upset some right wing climate skeptics.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skip997 said:

Well on our way to fascism, control of the media is an important step. 

as putin is finding out, in the 21st century it's not possible to control the media

Matthew Thompson
@mattuthompson
NEW: Sky News understands the BBC statement on Gary Lineker is incorrect.

That Lineker has not agreed to 'step back', and has instead been taken off air as he is unwilling to apologise for his comments this week on social media.

Good for him.

Apparently Ian Wright has now quit MOTD

Ian Wright: "Everybody knows what Match of the Day means to me, but I’ve told the BBC I won’t be doing it tomorrow. Solidarity."

Edited by Skip997

I think BBC should get rid of Lineker as I see his wages as poor use of taxpayer money. I think you could pay a presenter a quarter of the salary and the viewing figures for MOTD or international tournaments would stay the same.

I however think what he says about politics is irrelevant, he isn’t a political presenter.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think BBC should get rid of Lineker as I see his wages as poor use of taxpayer money. I think you could pay a presenter a quarter of the salary and the viewing figures for MOTD or international tournaments would stay the same.

I however think what he says about politics is irrelevant, he isn’t a political presenter.

taxpayer money?

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Sorry meant license fee.

I mean...kind of same thing in that you have to pay it if you have a tv...but I like to be pedantic.

He is paid too much...but I like what he says so I turn a blind eye cause I'm a hypocrite.

I don't think anyone should be paid more than 100k, and no one should be paid less than 40k. That is my manifesto.