news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, steviewevie said:

Rishi says war in Ukraine will end at negotiating table..

yeah it will, theres not going to be the total defeat of russia

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

..with Ukraine in best possible place...👀

there will be a decent victory for Ukraine. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Russel Brand is an outspoken critic of Bill Gates, The Guardian is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, you are not going to get a balanced view from the Guardian, anyone criticising the establishment is now "far-right" or as Sadiq Khan said recently "on the same side as the far-right", pretty desperate tactics to avoid the issues.

Have people heard what's going on with SVB crashing, and ripple effect on global banking sector?

Sounds a bit doom-mongering, but could be the start of another financial crisis. Really hope it isn't.

Edit: SVB is Silicon Valley Bank, a bank that provides loans to tech startups, based in California, for some context. But I think in the top 20 banks in America in terms of assets (or were)

Edited by cellar

12 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Russel Brand is an outspoken critic of Bill Gates, The Guardian is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, you are not going to get a balanced view from the Guardian, anyone criticising the establishment is now "far-right" or as Sadiq Khan said recently "on the same side as the far-right", pretty desperate tactics to avoid the issues.

oh here we go.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

oh here we go.

yeah, i'd forgotten that gizmoman is the resident suckered by conspiracy theories geezer, so him jumping to the defence of conspiracy nut brand is no great surprise. also bad facts as well, who knew that conspiracy fruits believe all sorts of bad bollocks?

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

bullshit, its funded by the scott trust.

Philanthropic partnerships at the Guardian

Tue 2 Oct 2018 14.40 BSTLast modified on Tue 22 Nov 2022 01.31 GMT

The Guardian, like many news organisations around the world, is working to find new ways to fund our journalism to ensure we can continue to produce quality, independent journalism in the public interest.

Increasing philanthropic support for our independent journalism helps fund impactful Guardian reporting on important topics such as modern-day slavery, women’s rights, climate change, migration and inequality.

Our current philanthropic partnerships

Just now, Neil said:

yeah, i'd forgotten that gizmoman is the resident suckered by conspiracy theories geezer, so him jumping to the defence of conspiracy nut brand is no great surprise. also bad facts as well, who knew that conspiracy fruits believe all sorts of bad bollocks?

you just don't get it...you need to be enlightened...it all makes sense....of course....I get it now...

etc

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

You seem incapable of having a reasoned discussion with me, My "bad facts" are just facts, I'm not sure how true statements become bad facts. Dismissing anyone questioning the status quo as a conspiracy nut doesn't help anyone, it just stifles debate,  why don't you discuss the actual issues for a change.

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Philanthropic partnerships at the Guardian

Tue 2 Oct 2018 14.40 BSTLast modified on Tue 22 Nov 2022 01.31 GMT
  •  
  •  
  •  

The Guardian, like many news organisations around the world, is working to find new ways to fund our journalism to ensure we can continue to produce quality, independent journalism in the public interest.

Increasing philanthropic support for our independent journalism helps fund impactful Guardian reporting on important topics such as modern-day slavery, women’s rights, climate change, migration and inequality.

Our current philanthropic partnerships

someone is paying you, does that make you their unwitting sap?

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

You seem incapable of having a reasoned discussion with me, My "bad facts" are just facts, I'm not sure how true statements become bad facts. Dismissing anyone questioning the status quo as a conspiracy nut doesn't help anyone, it just stifles debate,  why don't you discuss the actual issues for a change.

you dismissed an article you clearly didn't read on a spurious basis, c'mon, full disclosure: who is paying you??

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

No one is paying me, if I worked for a company i would be limited in what I could say about that company so I'm not sure your point stands.

i can see you losely associated (as much as what you claimed for the guardian for bill gates) with a corporate funded tech firm, who like you posting bollocks on the internet as it helps them make money

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

If I didn't read it how did I know it mentioned Bill Gates?  No one is paying me, not even the government!

so you must be selling your miracle of free living?

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

If I didn't read it how did I know it mentioned Bill Gates?

it talks about how brand spouts conspiracy theories about gates, and then you spout a conspiracy theory about gates.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

it talks about how brand spouts conspiracy theories about gates, and then you spout a conspiracy theory about gates.

Did I? What was that then? That he funds the Guardian? That is fact, a bad fact according to you, but I suppose it makes it easier to avoid reality if you can just shout conspiracy theory every time someone says something you don't like. I'll leave you to have more sensible discussions with Stevie and the other regulars on here. TTFN

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Did I? What was that then? That he funds the Guardian? That is fact, a bad fact according to you, but I suppose it makes it easier to avoid reality if you can just shout conspiracy theory every time someone says something you don't like. I'll leave you to have more sensible discussions with Stevie and the other regulars on here. TTFN

you went further than saying he funds it. you said he'd bought it -that's just the stupid conspiracy nut way of invalidating evidence.