news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Everything seems to be aligning for Starmer. He can now simply piggy back on the deal as obviously you need to travel throught the EU to get to the UK.

Edited by lost

45 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just found the article on it and she is saying the ones she sent him have also "vanished".  But she also isn't saying she got a new phone. lol 

She is playing the same card as Boris with a worse excuse 😛

She says she raised it constantly with spaffers chief of staff and he ignored her implies it was a known staff decision to delete them was probably done on spaffers instruction by a junior staff member in no 10.

Just now, Neil said:

She says she raised it constantly with spaffers chief of staff and he ignored her implies it was a known staff decision to delete them was probably done on spaffers instruction by a junior staff member in no 10.

The one that is of no relation to Boris and is now in the House of Lords 

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

You can also delete messages for both parties in WhatsApp which is what Johnson might have done. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You can also delete messages for both parties in WhatsApp which is what Johnson might have done. 

That would show as "Message deleted" though, which she should have to prove in my opinion. And has much more serious connotations.

53 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

if you're going to the trouble to delete might as well delete both sides of the convo.

17 hours ago, Ozanne said:

"Chats are stored separately on each person's device.

So if Person A and Person B are exchanging messages, then both of their phones will have a full, and separate, record of their conversation.

Messages can only be deleted for everybody up to 48 hours after they are sent - and a note appears for all participants saying this has happened.

But any messages older than that can only be deleted by someone on their own phone.

So if Person A deletes a message that is more than two days old, Person B will still have it.

It can only be deleted from Person B's phone by someone who physically picks up that phone and gets into their WhatsApp account.

There's also a feature called disappearing messages.

But that feature only launched in the UK in November 2020 and messages sent before this was switched on would not vanish."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67780595

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Disgraceful...bloody lawyers defending people...

Pretty obvious now the Tories have realised their only last-ditch cling to power is to smear the opposition. It's straight out of the Trump playbook - just make up any old sh*t and do it enough in the hope something will stick.

The bad news for them is the last 13 years.

Edited by kalifire

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Pretty obvious now the Tories have realised their only last-ditch cling to power is to smear the opposition. It's straight out of the Trump playbook - just make up any old sh*t and do it enough in the hope something will stick.

The bad news for them is the last 13 years.

a cousin of mine who is a hardcore kipper* threw jimmy saville at me recently when i mentioned starmer - so some people lap this stuff up.(* he got thrown out for being too on_msg. 😛 )

Edited by Neil

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

My niece is about to get married to she can move with her fella to Switzerland. Luckily he earns enough to move back here with her eventually.

Her dad, my brother is stuck living in Germany Cos his German wife doesn't want to give up her job in Germany to work in the UK  there's no equivalent job here cos she works within the finances for the German healthcare system.