news & politics:discussion

zahidf

29 minutes ago, Neil said:

he's proper milking it without a shred of self awareness. he doesn't need to be an opportunist when he's already hugely wealthy.

Maybe he just doesn't like the sh*t the press do, like tap people's phones. It doesn't matter who they are, everyone is entitled to some privacy. The way his mum died is possibly fuelling some of this.

Plus, Piers Morgan is a grade A bellend.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe he just doesn't like the sh*t the press do, like tap people's phones. It doesn't matter who they are, everyone is entitled to some privacy. The way his mum died is possibly fuelling some of this.

Plus, Piers Morgan is a grade A bellend.

he's not a privacy campier he's a prince harry campaigner.

33 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Braverman getting the 'Dick of the year ' award on The Last Leg was genuinely one of the funniest moments of the year! Would recommend anyone catching up on channel 4.

thanks will go find it.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Context is everything,bim not sure what the official reason is for the payment. If its an Xmas bonus its fair enough if it's meant to help with cost of living crisis then its far too low a more substantial amount would cost the Govt billions and the we'd say it should be included in the budget and included with the regular payments.

The Christmas bonus has been the same since the 70s. I think if it was adjusted for inflation it should be worth 160 or 170 quid today.

7 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

The Christmas bonus has been the same since the 70s. I think if it was adjusted for inflation it should be worth 160 or 170 quid today.

chrismas bonus is for oldies.

https://x.com/thelastleg/status/1735793362161037671?s=46&t=0L-HQje0RJTtiVIvA-C-dQ

A real ‘Gotcha’ moment. Might it derail her leadership bid as it shows she doesn’t carry out due diligence on people approaching her?

The right wingers are livid in the responses about them ‘wasting an MP’s time’. Is blabbering on about small boats and a campaign that was never going to work also wasting a lot of time?

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

https://x.com/thelastleg/status/1735793362161037671?s=46&t=0L-HQje0RJTtiVIvA-C-dQ

A real ‘Gotcha’ moment. Might it derail her leadership bid as it shows she doesn’t carry out due diligence on people approaching her?

The right wingers are livid in the responses about them ‘wasting an MP’s time’. Is blabbering on about small boats and a campaign that was never going to work also wasting a lot of time?

It’s always someone else’s fault with the Tories. 

Great thanks.

Doubt it. The last leg appears to be the political opposite of the type of people voting in a tory leadership contest. Remember when they wheeled Corbyn out as the second coming?

Saying that I think Badenoch will still be the rights choice when the Tories lose.

jeremy-corbyn-last-leg.jpg?width=1200&he

Edited by lost

11 hours ago, Neil said:

he's not a privacy campier he's a prince harry campaigner.

I see why people think that because of the book and documentaries but let’s be honest, at that point he had no privacy left anyway. 

I’m not surprised he wants to take the press down after his mother and his wife have been viciously targeted by them. 

1 hour ago, lost said:

Doubt it. The last leg appears to be the political opposite of the type of people voting in a tory leadership contest. Remember when they wheeled Corbyn out as the second coming?

Saying that I think Badenoch will still be the rights choice when the Tories lose.

jeremy-corbyn-last-leg.jpg?width=1200&he

The last leg is pretty left wing. I think this is more about throwing something to the viewers than disrupting her. In fairness to Suella (who I have no time for) I think she reacted as well as possible in that situation.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I see why people think that because of the book and documentaries but let’s be honest, at that point he had no privacy left anyway. 

I’m not surprised he wants to take the press down after his mother and his wife have been viciously targeted by them. 

His mother was playing the press as much as they were playing her 

I’m not sure which imbecile at Leeds council signed off a major Palestine protest at the same time as all the Leeds fans are making their way to the match. 

Complete carnage in town as 10000s of fans are trying to find new routes to the stadium as the usual routes are full of protesters. 

It’s like the protesters are deliberately looking to cause problems. 

39 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not sure which imbecile at Leeds council signed off a major Palestine protest at the same time as all the Leeds fans are making their way to the match. 

Complete carnage in town as 10000s of fans are trying to find new routes to the stadium as the usual routes are full of protesters. 

It’s like the protesters are deliberately looking to cause problems. 

IN BRISTOL RECENTLY WE HAD A GAZA PROTEST CROSS PATHS WITH THE SANTAS ON MOTORBIKES.

IT LIVENED UP A SOMBRE PROTEST.