news & politics:discussion

zahidf

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He'd normally be all over my recent posts

isn't that skippy admitting that he know hes trolling?

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Barry has broken the forum rules on multiple occasions and the moderation team has decided that a permanent ban was needed on this occasion

Where are these rules?

• Upvote 1

Barry has broken the forum rules on multiple occasions and the moderation team has decided that a permanent ban was needed on this occasion

Permanent seems harsh but I didn't see the offending posts.  Your gaff your rules.

19 hours ago, Skip997 said:

That the real Israeli government plan is to clear Gaza of Palestinians and claim it as part of Israeli.

If you really believe this then its a stupid move to give Isreal an excuse to do it. Some parts of the coalition want to settle Gaza but others don't. Netanyahu opposed the previous peace plan but he won't be around for ever.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

Permanent seems harsh but I didn't see the offending posts.  Your gaff your rules.

The thread has been much better since he’s been gone and to be fair he has broken numerous rules over and over so I feel the mods had no other choice. 

28 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/terms/

you sign up to them when you join 

Permanent as in never-allowed-to-darken-our-doors-ever-again-permanent? Or sit on the naughty corner for a bit type permanent?

Harsh if the former. I joined efests over 15 years ago, I don't remember the 'terms' and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a 'gold member' option back then so it must have been updated since I joined. Was Baz given the chance to revisit the 'terms' and apologise before being kicked off site?

Baz is an irritant but I've found him a useful irritant which has led to me challenging my thinking on some subjects. Don't tend to agree with a lot of his world view, but I don't think he's a deliberate troll. He can be a f**king wind-up at times but I've also been on the thread long enough to see him change his own mind and apologise when challenged. A pity to see him booted.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Permanent as in never-allowed-to-darken-our-doors-ever-again-permanent? Or sit on the naughty corner for a bit type permanent?

Harsh if the former. I joined efests over 15 years ago, I don't remember the 'terms' and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a 'gold member' option back then so it must have been updated since I joined. Was Baz given the chance to revisit the 'terms' and apologise before being kicked off site?

Baz is an irritant but I've found him a useful irritant which has led to me challenging my thinking on some subjects. Don't tend to agree with a lot of his world view, but I don't think he's a deliberate troll. He can be a f**king wind-up at times but I've also been on the thread long enough to see him change his own mind and apologise when challenged. A pity to see him booted.

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

We had good reason . Pretty much all I’m adding not going into specifics . 

9 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Baz is an irritant but I've found him a useful irritant which has led to me challenging my thinking on some subjects. Don't tend to agree with a lot of his world view, but I don't think he's a deliberate troll.

I disagree.

The ridiculous way he went after me over getting a couple of coffees in exchange* for a very sought after pass was pathetic.

*TBH it wasn't even an exchange as such as I asked for nothing.

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

We had good reason . Pretty much all I’m adding not going into specifics . 

This is it too, there will be more that the mods have seen that they can’t/wont tell us. He clearly broke rules all the time and the mods that don’t often ban decided it was enough.

I think we can all say the thread has been much nicer. 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/terms/

you sign up to them when you join 

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Neil has broken almost all of these several times. When is his ban coming?

Stevie too tbh.

Bit of a farce when the rules are clearly not applied equally.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skip997 said:

I disagree.

The ridiculous way he went after me over getting a couple of coffees in exchange* for a very sought after pass was pathetic.

*TBH it wasn't even an exchange as such as I asked for nothing.

You're right, coffee-gate was pathetic. I can't remember how that particular pages long argument started but Baz had clearly lost the debate and instead shifted it with Neil onto a clownish 'freeloader' issue instead.

About 18 months ago I had a back and forth with him after he'd infuriated me (on another thread) and I accused him of trolling and he was very specific in his replies to explain why it wasn't and why it annoyed him people throwing the troll accusation around. It changed my opinion of him. At the time I even saved a quote from him ready to throwback at him but never needed it and now looks like I never will.