news & politics:discussion

zahidf

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I swear this country gets worse by the hour. Shameful.

It really does. No one should be subjected to the type of abuse that Starmer and Lammy got today. Fortunately nothing more serious happened and hopefully this will lead to the stupid remarks being taken (albeit far too late).

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Ah yes, there you go. It’s still not Johnson’s fault for people shouting the things at Starmer that Johnson had said a few days prior.

It’s never Johnson’s fault. 

They've been given their line and sent out to say it, none of them on TV today will damn the PM. They value their jobs too much. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

this sort of shit has been imported from US...right wing internet conspiracy goons...

I thought it was proper random when Johnson brought up Savile in the Commons but I wasn't aware of the existing conspiracy stuff around it. Now it's hard not to see it as a bit of a dog whistle.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I thought it was proper random when Johnson brought up Savile in the Commons but I wasn't aware of the existing conspiracy stuff around it. Now it's hard not to see it as a bit of a dog whistle.

When you watch the video again, you can see him thinking twice about whether to say it and then just going for it (people seem to be letting Rees-Mogg’s baiting reaction slide - why?).

Not sure if it came after Johnson started attacking Starmer for voting Remain but think in his head he had some momentum going with the personal attacks and thought ‘what’s to lose?’ With his weak and terrified, morally inept cabinet and MPs - nothing, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

When you watch the video again, you can see him thinking twice about whether to say it and then just going for it (people seem to be letting Rees-Mogg’s baiting reaction slide - why?).

Not sure if it came after Johnson started attacking Starmer for voting Remain but think in his head he had some momentum going with the personal attacks and thought ‘what’s to lose?’ With his weak and terrified, morally inept cabinet and MPs - nothing, sadly.

behind all the posh lad bonhomie he's just a nasty twat.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Boris Johnson validated it though, and helped it spread on a massive scale. All very Trump.

Yeah straight out of the Trump playbook. And saying it in the Commons so no one could call him a liar was an extra bonus.

Thing is it didn't work out so well for Trump in the end...