Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

That's a image.png.cb07854ebfda6a608a69428c647dd4b3.png but that's image.png.9c6cab89551052368b460ded6b0f8b9d.png 

You can either image.png.69a3f1a1c160dd78eba4944a49d95140.png or else maybe  

image.png.4f50c8712404fa8192119f04c0307165.png can offer you a image.png.37a776b1a209db67e9aef77f18a2d576.png and help you  image.png.b8abd2cd04cd5d1f1b4aae574b88c41c.png...

Are you also working from home and struggling to fill your time...?

(Kudos where it's due, most creative thing I've seen on eFests for sometime)

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Where would she play though, after headlining in 2015?

Unannounced set somewhere?

Given that the headliner was a last-minute replacement, I feel like there'd be no shame in subbing pyramid. Would love to see it tbh, falls exactly into that bracket of people I like but wouldn't pay their ticket prices to see.

55 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Where would she play though, after headlining in 2015?

Unannounced set somewhere?

Was about to post this, what if she’s the Saturday headliner and GNR are in the legends slot?

If not, I’m thinking a secret set or she’s keeping the weekend free incase 2015 happens again. 

3 minutes ago, Punisher said:

Was about to post this, what if she’s the Saturday headliner and GNR are in the legends slot?

If not, I’m thinking a secret set or she’s keeping the weekend free incase 2015 happens again. 

Forgive me if this is a stupid thing to say as I'm fairly new to all this speculation, but is it a normal thing that someone would keep the weekend free in case someone drops out? Seems to be what people are suggesting for the 1975 too and it just seems bizarre to me that that would be a legit thing!

3 minutes ago, becca_ said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid thing to say as I'm fairly new to all this speculation, but is it a normal thing that someone would keep the weekend free in case someone drops out? Seems to be what people are suggesting for the 1975 too and it just seems bizarre to me that that would be a legit thing!

Bands definitely keep the weekend free

1 minute ago, becca_ said:

Given what happened in 2015 with Flo stepping in when The Foos pulled out last minute, I think it’s reasonable for big acts to do this if they have no other good offers for that weekend. Someone dropping out could lead to the show of their career.

Just now, leath02 said:

Bands definitely keep the weekend free

I get that, but is it common they're hoping for a drop out? How often does that GENUINELY happen? Bar the Florence/Libertines year I'd be really intrigued to know of any other headliners that dropped out last minute and someone else got drafted in.

1 minute ago, becca_ said:

I get that, but is it common they're hoping for a drop out? How often does that GENUINELY happen? Bar the Florence/Libertines year I'd be really intrigued to know of any other headliners that dropped out last minute and someone else got drafted in.

It hasn’t happened loads, this article below goes over the times it happened before Florence. But it’s probably worth sacrificing that weekend if you’re a big artist even with those odds. 

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/six-other-times-glastonbury-headliners-have-dropped-out-and-how-their-replacements-fared-16927

1 minute ago, Punisher said:

It hasn’t happened loads, this article below goes over the times it happened before Florence. But it’s probably worth sacrificing that weekend if you’re a big artist even with those odds. 

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/six-other-times-glastonbury-headliners-have-dropped-out-and-how-their-replacements-fared-16927

3 times in 9 festivals between 05 - 15 is frequent enough that I think it's worth big artists at least considering it.

Supposedly Prince was booked in 2014 and dropped out, although he was never "poster" official.

2 minutes ago, becca_ said:

There have been a few bands bumped up the order over the years - but really doesn't happen that often.  At the moment we're looking at glastonbury-shaped-holes in bands' schedules and predicting that they could potentially be at the festival, but that's just our perspective, from their perspective they know what they're doing, they're already booked to play or not.  There might be a handful of acts that they keep in contact with, on the off chance that they are needed in an emergency but I (personally) don't think it's a big factor in most acts thinking.  Glastonbury will be planning 2/3 years in advance for some headliners, part of that conversation might be 'what could you do for us if we need you sooner', but they're relying on freak accidents like Dave Grohl breaking their arm, and they're relying on it happening to the headliner, as elsewhere in the lineup they'll just shuffle things about rather than making a call.

When florence headlined was she already on the lineup and bumped up, or drafted in to headline?  If it's the first then she wasn't even keeping the weekend free.  

2 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

3 times in 9 festivals between 05 - 15 is frequent enough that I think it's worth big artists at least considering it.

Supposedly Prince was booked in 2014 and dropped out, although he was never "poster" official.

But that's ignoring more recent festivals which skews things - since 05 there have been 13 festivals - so 3 times in 13.  Florence was already on the lineup, so she wasn't keeping the weekend free, just in case.  05, was that Basement Jaxx, think they were already on the lineup too but maybe wrong.  So, yes it happens that acts need to pull out, but not that often - and very very rarely does it happen that someone's 'keeping the weekend free' (i.e. not already on the lineup) that then gets drafted in as a new addition to headline the festival.  Possibly (quite likely) this happened with Prince - but how far ahead of the festival would that have taken place / how long do the desperate few keep their weekends open for?

9 minutes ago, p.pete said:

There have been a few bands bumped up the order over the years - but really doesn't happen that often.  At the moment we're looking at glastonbury-shaped-holes in bands' schedules and predicting that they could potentially be at the festival, but that's just our perspective, from their perspective they know what they're doing, they're already booked to play or not.  There might be a handful of acts that they keep in contact with, on the off chance that they are needed in an emergency but I (personally) don't think it's a big factor in most acts thinking.  Glastonbury will be planning 2/3 years in advance for some headliners, part of that conversation might be 'what could you do for us if we need you sooner', but they're relying on freak accidents like Dave Grohl breaking their arm, and they're relying on it happening to the headliner, as elsewhere in the lineup they'll just shuffle things about rather than making a call.

When florence headlined was she already on the lineup and bumped up, or drafted in to headline?  If it's the first then she wasn't even keeping the weekend free.  

She was bumped up - it was the Libertines that were drafted in (on a helicopter lol)

3 minutes ago, becca_ said:

She was bumped up - it was the Libertines that were drafted in (on a helicopter lol)

So, lets say once in 20 years - which is one out of every 60 headliners.  Metallica were announced early May, when Prince might have happened, can't imagine they were keeping the weekend free for Glastonbury either though - things just worked out.