Silver Lining

shuttlep

5 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We bought elton john tickets for November 2021 at the end of 2019 (so 1 years in advance ) (which at the time I thought was stupidly fat in advance) , and now its been delayed (at the moment) until November 2022 

Whaaaaat? I've got tickets for Manchester Dec 2021... I've not seen anything about a cancellation/rearranging - have you had an email or seen it elsewhere online?

For me, the silver lining is definitely going to be the sense of anticipation and longing from both organisers and ticket holders when it next happens. Only people who've been to Glastonbury fully understand the value many of us place on the festival. Even the newbies will have been starved of large scale live music for years by that point. So there'll be 200k people open to a fantastic time like never before. The big 'moments' will be larger and more poignant. The little moments (that first cider, chatting to a stranger, a random discovery in a tiny venue) will happen more and will mean more. It really is going to be something very special.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, duke88 said:

Should have celebrated my 40th on the Sunday of last year’s festival. Was too good to be true!

Aww mate! that’s bad!  I’ve invited 180 people to my 40th I think 100 will come if allowed (covid)

I’ll be properly pissed off if I have to cancel 

7 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Aww mate! that’s bad!  I’ve invited 180 people to my 40th I think 100 will come if allowed (covid)

I’ll be properly pissed off if I have to cancel 

Fingers crossed you can celebrate as planned, that’s going to be some party!

14 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Whaaaaat? I've got tickets for Manchester Dec 2021... I've not seen anything about a cancellation/rearranging - have you had an email or seen it elsewhere online?

no sorry got my years mixed up == still happening this year (so far ;-), sorry to cause confusion , once year goes into the next at the moment